roni size reprazent bbc 1997

kryme caper

can anyone remember the roni size n reprazent live performance on bbc 1 or 2 late 1997(bout sept or oct)it was on on late at nite and it wasnt jools holland or nuthin(had radio 1 backdrops),only bout half hour long and they played live tracks(roni,die,suv n krust on computers,dynamite mceein,onalee on vox,bald drummer,bald bassist) from new forms,i did have it on a video and i think ive binned the vid,does anyone have ? pleez help:drums:

i remember it, but i ain't got it.

my advice would be to check torrent download sites. i was looking for a dj shadow mix off steve lamacq's show form about 95/96 and i went to pearsontowers.com and the guy who ran that site found it for me.

Damn,i had this too on VHS,just looked in my loft for it and it's not where it should be!

the weired thing is that if you listen to the songs you realise there the ones from the new 2008 albumn!!!

so basicly they made the new 2008 remixes in the new 2008 albumn coming in early april not long after the original albumn in 1996!!!

Yeah mate i have seen that...but i was watchin Ray Mears extreme survival the other day (da jungle edition on Dave) and every tune on the program was by Roni size Reprezent it was quality, finishin on brown paper bag....Fair fuckin play Mr Mears!!!

been to brighton,checked vids and do still have it,have brought it back with me jus need to know how to get vhs onto pc,any ideaz:cowbell:

Yeah, I might be able to take care of that one for you... I work at a TV company and we encode stuff all the time.

Probs the easiest way would be to send me the VHS, I'll talk someone here into doing me a favour, we'll encode it into mpg3, then post up onto rapidshare, or one of dem sites, (maybe youtube as well?)... I'll send you back the original VHS...

If you're worried about the VHS going missing or me stealing it or summat then you could always make a dvd or VHS copy of it and send me that - we can encode the footage from any format here...

Let me know yeah? I'm happy to take care of this for everyone, as I know there's quite a demand for it...

Hmmm... not completely sure (I'm not one of the techies here) but I don't think it's as straightforward as plugging the VHS into a PC - I think to do that with a normal PC it has to be fitted with a capture card, (like a soundcard but for footage) which has the right connectors so you can plug any AV lead into it...

Here at work we've got a couple of dedicated encoding machines, they look like normal PC's but have a great big huge black box in the rack next to them, you patch in the deck you want into the machine, capture the footage as an AVI file (great quality but huge filesize) then convert into the format you need on the computer (mpg2, windows media etc)... I'm sure there's other ways of doing it, but that's how we do it here....

I work as a broadcast engineer in manchester and when we ingest our progs from tape we do it drom DVCAM tape straight to digital file then onto the server, i think your are going to struggle to digitize from a VHS tape purely because they dont have the right output, you normally need a BNC video connecter.

it might be able to be done i will ave a think.

I work as a broadcast engineer in manchester and when we ingest our progs from tape we do it drom DVCAM tape straight to digital file then onto the server, i think your are going to struggle to digitize from a VHS tape purely because they dont have the right output, you normally need a BNC video connecter.

it might be able to be done i will ave a think.

Yeah you're right man - all our machines are networked via a matrix, so shouldn't be a problem to come from VHS, but if needs be we can bounce it via DVCAM or digi or summat, but it should be fairly straightforward, we can pretty much go from any format to any other format or file type here...

i remember it, but i ain't got it.

my advice would be to check torrent download sites. i was looking for a dj shadow mix off steve lamacq's show form about 95/96 and i went to pearsontowers.com and the guy who ran that site found it for me.

you should share that shadow mix wit ya bwoy

*fes

sounds like the proper way to me,thankin u

yeah - just checked with my mate downstairs in the transfer bay, it's all good, we can encode it staight from the DVD, VHS or whatever you wanna send it to me on...

If you want me to go ahead let me know and I'll pm you my address. I can run you off a few DVD's whilst I'm at it, for if you and your mates want to watch it on a proper TV instead of on the PC...

greg ur blindin,may have cracked this tho,been to pc world today and bought a usb video connection device,has av connections on it and comes with a program to go straight to dvd with chapters or save and edit with a studio and then burn so hopefully can either burn and then rip from disc or save as a file and post staright away,will try 2moz.

greg ur blindin,may have cracked this tho,been to pc world today and bought a usb video connection device,has av connections on it and comes with a program to go straight to dvd with chapters or save and edit with a studio and then burn so hopefully can either burn and then rip from disc or save as a file and post staright away,will try 2moz.

Thanks man, no worries always happy to help any way I can! - Sounds like you're on top of it though, if it doesn't work or you got any problems give me a shout...

I'm lookin forward to seeing it!

Back
Top Bottom