Roni Size & DJ Krust announce Full Cycle relaunch

First release is an old tune from 1994 by them called "Formulate". Surely can only mean a good thing :afro:

I've read somewhere they are also relaunching Dope Dragon?

Roni Size & DJ Krust where pioneers of the scene. They should of never left. I just cant see how there old material is going to fit into modern day drum & bass but im happy for them to try.

dope dragon was already re-launched toward the end of full cycle. just released shit clipz tunes, should have left it well alone

tbh if a full cycle relauch means a load of old crusty bristol shit seeing the light of day im all for it, this is highly improbable though. cynic in me says krust + roni need money/gigs so have resurrected the label to make themselves relevant again. see how long it lasts before they cant be bothered with it again/release a load of old clown step/wobble shit that is an insult to the full cycle of old

It appears people are incapable of reading, I'll just quote myself..
First release is an old tune from 1994 by them called "Formulate". Surely can only mean a good thing :afro:

I've read somewhere they are also relaunching Dope Dragon?
First release is an old tune from 1994 by them called "Formulate".
old tune from 1994 by them called "Formulate".
old tune from 1994
This isn't speculation, this is straight from the article. Now if 1994 means clownstep wobble shit then I don't know what to say

I hope it means good things but I also know they wouldn't fit now in the sound I like, so it makes me wonder what their new material would be like and where it would sit.

Prime example for me is the fact that I barely buy any of the stuff that comes out on V now, yet in the mid to late 90's every V release was immense to me.

Said it before - but if Full Cycle had signed Icicle and Martsman and Martyn in 2008 we would still all think they were one of the greatest labels ever.

Roni's output recently has been so far off the mark that I wasn't expecting much from this.........................a Fracture Remix of Kloaking Device is a step in the right direction though!

"Pretend the last 8 years never happened and get Fracture to remix something ASAP"

Hahaha. Brilliant!

I wish that classic Bristol sound was still relevant... but I know sounds have to progress so it's a bit of catch 22.

Sounds like Roni Size didn't gain anything from his pathetic attempt at selling out.....that Take Kontrol album was awful.

yeah take kontrol was beyond pants. how could the guy behind new forms inflict that load of sellout wankcheese on the world. depressing.

Back
Top Bottom