Rolling Straight Through Vol 4. (Samurai, Exit, 31 Records)

Classy mix mate. Enjoyed this one. A proper mix tape.
Selection was serious and really well mixed too. Loved the mix with things I do and both those blends with peach fuzz. Amazing stuff.

Classy mix mate. Enjoyed this one. A proper mix tape.
Selection was serious and really well mixed too. Loved the mix with things I do and both those blends with peach fuzz. Amazing stuff.

Thanks AJ. Glad you enjoyed it!
I need to post more mixes...

Appreciate the kind words man means a lot (y)

been rinsing this one on my ipod over the weekend, great mix stu.

selection and mixing was solid from the off, liked the gully halves > the crossing as an opener, strong mix to start with and kept it flowing throughout from there.

Few sections that really stood out for me was Enei - Breath > BTK - Things I Do (Spectrasoul Remix) > Skeptical - Static > System - Peach Fuzz, nice selection there never heard peach fuzz before but will be grabbing it now, big tune.

Another bit I thought worth mentioning was Indigo - Volta > Ahmad - Kingston Sound feat Mental Forces & Kobra > Code 3 - Living Proof, been hearing kingston sound in quite a few mixes recently and liked the way you used it in your mix.

Best part for me had to be from FD - Bleak to the end, tune selection there was pure fire and some great mixes in there, nice to hear Fre4knc - Tellurian, haven't played that one in a while need to dig it out of my vinyl collection haha

Big up mate can see this one staying on my ipod for a long time

been rinsing this one on my ipod over the weekend, great mix stu.

selection and mixing was solid from the off, liked the gully halves > the crossing as an opener, strong mix to start with and kept it flowing throughout from there.

Few sections that really stood out for me was Enei - Breath > BTK - Things I Do (Spectrasoul Remix) > Skeptical - Static > System - Peach Fuzz, nice selection there never heard peach fuzz before but will be grabbing it now, big tune.

Another bit I thought worth mentioning was Indigo - Volta > Ahmad - Kingston Sound feat Mental Forces & Kobra > Code 3 - Living Proof, been hearing kingston sound in quite a few mixes recently and liked the way you used it in your mix.

Best part for me had to be from FD - Bleak to the end, tune selection there was pure fire and some great mixes in there, nice to hear Fre4knc - Tellurian, haven't played that one in a while need to dig it out of my vinyl collection haha

Big up mate can see this one staying on my ipod for a long time

Big ups Danny for the kind words!
Glad you picked out two really different parts of this mix that you enjoyed, I tried where possible to keep the selection and mixing varied as lets be honest an hour and a half of double after double can get really monotonous as a listener.

Think you are the first one to mention Bleak! Been doing that mix with Creatures of Habit ever since I got it. Love the extended moody breakdown of Bleak, quality tune for mixing imo.

As much as I love Tellurian, kinda wish it was on a black vinyl, makes the cueing aspect of it pretty long but its bearable.

Cheers for having a listen man and dropping some thoughts. New one will be up start of April hopefully.

Big da fug up

Big ups Danny for the kind words!
Glad you picked out two really different parts of this mix that you enjoyed, I tried where possible to keep the selection and mixing varied as lets be honest an hour and a half of double after double can get really monotonous as a listener.

Think you are the first one to mention Bleak! Been doing that mix with Creatures of Habit ever since I got it. Love the extended moody breakdown of Bleak, quality tune for mixing imo.

As much as I love Tellurian, kinda wish it was on a black vinyl, makes the cueing aspect of it pretty long but its bearable.

Cheers for having a listen man and dropping some thoughts. New one will be up start of April hopefully.

Big da fug up

Bleak is a huge tune mate, love the whole FD - The Visits EP tbh, that is one that usually stays in the box by my side.

I love that marble finish on Tellurian haha but yeah is a pain in the anus too cue.

Looking forward to your next one man

Bleak is a huge tune mate, love the whole FD - The Visits EP tbh, that is one that usually stays in the box by my side.

I love that marble finish on Tellurian haha but yeah is a pain in the anus too cue.

Looking forward to your next one man

Cheers Danny. Will be an hour+ of absolute tear out and classics, hopefully goes down as well as this! Thanks again mate

Fre4knc - Marching Cube VIP[Absys] >> Ahmad - Breathless feat Gremlinz[Architecture]

BOH! :sniper:

Thanks @shlant hope you enjoyed the ride!

wicked set mate, quality tracklist too!!! :)

Thanks K Motion! Rocked yours yesterday will drop some thoughts at some stage this week (y)

Haven't forgotten about this Stu!

Clocked it when you first posted it but have been super busy. In the car, on the stick for listening tonight / tomorrow / to the end of the week ;)

:madgun:Big up Stu. Got this bad bwoy mix queued up. :madgun:

Big up the Hillingdon Manzdem.

Big ups Papa. West side iz de best! Haha
You got any new mixes knocking about? Now the suns come back out starting rocking your old reggae mixes (one choo choo mix still gets an airing every now and again!)
Hope you are all good man!

Haven't forgotten about this Stu!

Clocked it when you first posted it but have been super busy. In the car, on the stick for listening tonight / tomorrow / to the end of the week ;)

Big ups Mark - hope you enjoy the selection/style of this one when you get a chance to listen! (y)

Lots of tunes i've not heard in this and all the ones I do recognise are huge. Ive barely listened to much of this side of things to be honest so this should be great. I'll come at you with some feedback when i can. Big up mate

I rolled a fatty, whacked this on and played some Skate 2 til it was done. Wicked mix mate. Really difficult to reference to sick mixes but I enjoyed the whole thing really! The tunes around Marching Cube VIP were sick! And that intro is superb man. Nice one!!

Lots of tunes i've not heard in this and all the ones I do recognise are huge. Ive barely listened to much of this side of things to be honest so this should be great. I'll come at you with some feedback when i can. Big up mate

I rolled a fatty, whacked this on and played some Skate 2 til it was done. Wicked mix mate. Really difficult to reference to sick mixes but I enjoyed the whole thing really! The tunes around Marching Cube VIP were sick! And that intro is superb man. Nice one!!

Nice one Muz really appreciate the kind words!!
Glad so many people have digged the intro...was one of those that just did it one night and thought fuck I need to try that from the start, wheeled it up and it just fitted like a glove. I'm a huge fan of that Om Unit LP on Headz really think it'll stand the test of time much more than the majority of new releases that come out nowadays.

Love Marching Cube VIP! Definitely one of my most played records in the box from the last year or so. The mix before with Creatures of Habit I tried to keep locked for as long as possible and just mucked about bass switching with the filters.

Big ups man, will hopefully be down for your night in Brighton would love to see you and Adam rock a set! (y)

Congrats Stu.
A worthy Winner of " DBNF's Member mix of the month"
Mix stickied for all of April.

Back
Top Bottom