Rolling Straight Through Vol 4. (Samurai, Exit, 31 Records)

Sorry its taken SO long to get back to you on this mix Stu! Been exceptionally busy with work, holidays, leisure out of work and other things recently + I had drafted some feedback which had disappeared for some reason on here when they changed how to quote stuff in the new forum. Anyway here we go:-

Loved the opener as others have mentioned! Still not got fully round to mixing Gully Halves so sounded fresh as per the Om Unit bit. Storm sounded cool in there. Static punched into Things I Do rmx really well and had to remind myself what Static was! Haha Peach Fuzz was lovely off the back of that

Volta - Kingston Sound was a great blend, leading into the best mix out of the ride for m. Living Proof is a personal fav and into Progression was just something else! Creatures Of Habit was great into Marching Cube VIP bringing some old D together with some semi fresh Fre4knc :) That whole Ahmad LP is great and enjoyed that bit into Other Sights

Towards the end Gripped - Always Be Mine stood out for me as another quality blend as both still sound fresh to me and loved the way you brought them in with more rolling bits either side. In fact, I thought the way your brought more minimal bits into the more rolling stripped back tunes, keeping the energy levels riding through, whilst delving in and out of the more minimal tunes every now and again or every couple. Top drawer man! And thanks for the inspiration too mention too ;)

Also, respect for winning forum mix of the month last month (y)

On the download now,
Looking at the tracklist, and reading through the comments this looks like in gonna be a good 'un, I'll listen to it in bed tonight and get told off by the mrs for making the bed shake (oi, oi) from me boppin my head and tappin my feet.
Nice Henson Audio NFC Headphones too, b-lines sound crisp on 'em.

Appreciated Mr. Smith.

Sorry its taken SO long to get back to you on this mix Stu! Been exceptionally busy with work, holidays, leisure out of work and other things recently + I had drafted some feedback which had disappeared for some reason on here when they changed how to quote stuff in the new forum. Anyway here we go:-

Loved the opener as others have mentioned! Still not got fully round to mixing Gully Halves so sounded fresh as per the Om Unit bit. Storm sounded cool in there. Static punched into Things I Do rmx really well and had to remind myself what Static was! Haha Peach Fuzz was lovely off the back of that

Volta - Kingston Sound was a great blend, leading into the best mix out of the ride for m. Living Proof is a personal fav and into Progression was just something else! Creatures Of Habit was great into Marching Cube VIP bringing some old D together with some semi fresh Fre4knc :) That whole Ahmad LP is great and enjoyed that bit into Other Sights

Towards the end Gripped - Always Be Mine stood out for me as another quality blend as both still sound fresh to me and loved the way you brought them in with more rolling bits either side. In fact, I thought the way your brought more minimal bits into the more rolling stripped back tunes, keeping the energy levels riding through, whilst delving in and out of the more minimal tunes every now and again or every couple. Top drawer man! And thanks for the inspiration too mention too ;)

Also, respect for winning forum mix of the month last month (y)

Cheers Mark - and thanks for the PM on this.
Feedback as always on point with you, thanks as always for having a listen and commenting...certainly really gone down well considering this was a bit of a different mix for me, right up your street though.
Appreciate you mentioning about me trying to mess about with different styles and going from deeper to techier bits to change the mood, I try where possible to keep the listener interested, I know if I am getting bored in the mix its time to change it up a bit!

Big ups man.

On the download now,
Looking at the tracklist, and reading through the comments this looks like in gonna be a good 'un, I'll listen to it in bed tonight and get told off by the mrs for making the bed shake (oi, oi) from me boppin my head and tappin my feet.
Nice Henson Audio NFC Headphones too, b-lines sound crisp on 'em.

Appreciated Mr. Smith.

Nice one Igloo! Lets hope this isn't the only thing to make your bed shake! :teeth:
Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom