DnB Rolling Straight Through Vol 3. - 100% Vinyl

Agent Smith

Currently Putins Koala
VIP Junglist

Haven't posted a mix in a long time - TL below, all vinyl on two decks.
Not the best i've ever posted but felt that this mix wasn't too bad considering I was pulling random records in places.
Feedback negative/positive whatever its all welcomed.

DNBSHARE DOWNLOAD HERE

Enjoy.
Stu.

Cern - Hollow Moon [Dispatch]
Fre4knc & Mindmapper - Dictionary of Dreams [Dust Audio]
Dabs - Objection [Dispatch]
FD - Stack [Modulations]
Getz - My Soul [Utopia]
Ed Rush - Bacteria [Virus]
Enei & Emperor - Liberation [Critical]
Noisia - Brainstitch (Break Remix) [Shogun]
Infinite - Beachball [Renegade Hardware]
Optical - Punchbag [Virus]
Break - Steam Train [Symmetry]
Octane & DLR - Back In The Grind (Cern And Dabs Remix) [Dispatch]
Jubei & Vicious Circle - Cloak & Dagger [Modulations]
DBR UK - Fortress VIP [Dispatch LTD]
Fre4knc - Tubular [Samurai]
Total Science - Skinz [Critical]
Hybris - Understand Now [Dispatch]
Place 2B & Paimon - Quite [Fokuz]
>>Commix - Talk to Frank (Break Remix) [Metalheadz]
Nymfo - Suddenly [Commercial Suicide]
Alix Perez - Behind Time [Shogun]
Break, Mako, Fields & Villem - Dilligence [Utopia]
>>Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce - Alien Girl [Prototype]
Break & Die - Slow Down [Symmetry]
>>Digital - Far Out [Metalheadz]

Last edited:
Will download this tomorrow. Recording one tomorrow myself if you're interested buddy. Wil be back with thoughts

Lots of interest already thanks guys

Will download this tomorrow. Recording one tomorrow myself if you're interested buddy. Wil be back with thoughts

Good man Dan. I'm eagerly anticipating yours (y)

Eh Stu big 'bout 'ere how ya mean! Long time mate glad to see you back round these parts.
You know this is gonna get rinsed! :gun::gun:

Safe Papa! Yea been a bit quiet onna mix recently. Going to make this a much more regular thing. Hope you enjoy this and it would be good to hear your thoughts

bout fuckin time innit.

listening now man, looks hot

Nice one J - had to post something eventually...

:teeth:

Ooo! Will be the next mix I listen to when I get the chance.

Hope you still have that special something on the back burner

It's coming Mark - I assure you :)
Cheers for checking this out mate appreciate its not your favoured minimalistic style but I'll as always be interested to hear your thoughts. Big ups

On it stu

- - - Updated - - -

Quality mate. That last mix is wicked

Respect Danielson! That last mix was pulled on a bit of a random one tbh glad you digged it though

If anyone needs a mp3 download link its now HERE and on the original post at the top.

Last edited:
It's coming Mark - I assure you :)
Cheers for checking this out mate appreciate its not your favoured minimalistic style but I'll as always be interested to hear your thoughts. Big ups

Nice.
Will always check a mix of yours mate, as we all know you can string wicked mixes together. I do like a fairly wide variety of styles including rolling dnb you know.

--

Loved the intro with Hollow Moon Stu. Quite eerie and sets the scene well. Dictionary Of Dreams keeps things rolling nice for Objection to mount its attack with its bleeping hook on the intro and after that tune has got stuck into the mix. Had completely forgotten about Stack tbh and had to check out both sides of that again. Really enjoyed the additional floaty (yet still deep) elements of Stack on Objection, keeping some bleeped hooked similarities pushing through in FD’s tune.

My Soul coming in where it does and easing down Stack to sit slightly underneath was a really nice touch, with just the right amounts of both in that blend for a very pleasing listen. Big smile on my face as Bacteria’s intro began whispering in. The cut to Bacteria than having My Soul back in for its vocal to work wonders was a wicked personal touch from yourself. The way the bass’s from both Liberation and Bacteria were winding in and out of each other, again was another wicked touch. Very nice man & has to be my fav mix so far :) More talking tunes with Brainstitch rmx’s bass and Beachball.

I liked the way you chopped out alternate bass hooks structures of Beachball as Punchbag began stepping its way into the mix. Letting Steam Train break where it did on its intro another great personal touch, and then with Back In The Grind rmx :O wasn’t expecting that! Another great example of tunes talking to each other. Would have preferred a smidge more bass on Stream Train when both that and BITG rmx were in, but that’s just personal preference. I had to rewind it back Cloak & Dagger as that eased in a peach through the breakdown in BITG rmx. Not heard Fortress vip in a while (and must start playing that tune again as you’ve reminded me how good it is) which snuck under the radar, as did Tubular for that 3 tune string from C&D to do some more talking to one another + using Tubular to great effect in there.

Was hoping for no double with Tubular, as the tearing part in that just after the second drop can overpower the tune coming in, but your personal touch did the business to prove me wrong. Again, had completely forgotten what Skinz was, which brought its bass simplicity to an already great mix. Understand Now sounding like it was meant to be in that part of the mix…..choice break letting Quite come in and roll out to full effect before Talk To Frank rmx brings the dirt (Headz not Shogun btw ;) ). Suddenly – Behind Time was sublime. Those electronic deep stringed bits of Suddenly bouncing on the beat of Behind Time was just the ticket to set up the last 10 mins, as well as being my next favourite mix, equally as good as Bacteria – Liberation.

Thought that Diligence was a bit too much compared to all that had gone before it, till I realised what was coming in, and then I ate my words once again. Quality mix with that classic that does the damage and forever will :) Keeping the choppy stomp going with Slow Down (nice to hear again in a mix), for some similar steppy madness with the likes of Far Out to bring its unique additional percussion and effects to the previous colab, whilst the female vocal still makes the penultimate tune evident.

A wicked mix Mr Smith! Liked how there was a lot of fairly recent bits in there with a fair handful of older tunes like Beachball & Punchbag, plus classics like Bacteria & Alien Girl. Mixing was quality, transitions were sweet and the EQ-ing was top drawer (y)

Nice.
Will always check a mix of yours mate, as we all know you can string wicked mixes together. I do like a fairly wide variety of styles including rolling dnb you know.

--

Loved the intro with Hollow Moon Stu. Quite eerie and sets the scene well. Dictionary Of Dreams keeps things rolling nice for Objection to mount its attack with its bleeping hook on the intro and after that tune has got stuck into the mix. Had completely forgotten about Stack tbh and had to check out both sides of that again. Really enjoyed the additional floaty (yet still deep) elements of Stack on Objection, keeping some bleeped hooked similarities pushing through in FD’s tune.

My Soul coming in where it does and easing down Stack to sit slightly underneath was a really nice touch, with just the right amounts of both in that blend for a very pleasing listen. Big smile on my face as Bacteria’s intro began whispering in. The cut to Bacteria than having My Soul back in for its vocal to work wonders was a wicked personal touch from yourself. The way the bass’s from both Liberation and Bacteria were winding in and out of each other, again was another wicked touch. Very nice man & has to be my fav mix so far :) More talking tunes with Brainstitch rmx’s bass and Beachball.

I liked the way you chopped out alternate bass hooks structures of Beachball as Punchbag began stepping its way into the mix. Letting Steam Train break where it did on its intro another great personal touch, and then with Back In The Grind rmx :O wasn’t expecting that! Another great example of tunes talking to each other. Would have preferred a smidge more bass on Stream Train when both that and BITG rmx were in, but that’s just personal preference. I had to rewind it back Cloak & Dagger as that eased in a peach through the breakdown in BITG rmx. Not heard Fortress vip in a while (and must start playing that tune again as you’ve reminded me how good it is) which snuck under the radar, as did Tubular for that 3 tune string from C&D to do some more talking to one another + using Tubular to great effect in there.

Was hoping for no double with Tubular, as the tearing part in that just after the second drop can overpower the tune coming in, but your personal touch did the business to prove me wrong. Again, had completely forgotten what Skinz was, which brought its bass simplicity to an already great mix. Understand Now sounding like it was meant to be in that part of the mix…..choice break letting Quite come in and roll out to full effect before Talk To Frank rmx brings the dirt (Headz not Shogun btw ;) ). Suddenly – Behind Time was sublime. Those electronic deep stringed bits of Suddenly bouncing on the beat of Behind Time was just the ticket to set up the last 10 mins, as well as being my next favourite mix, equally as good as Bacteria – Liberation.

Thought that Diligence was a bit too much compared to all that had gone before it, till I realised what was coming in, and then I ate my words once again. Quality mix with that classic that does the damage and forever will :) Keeping the choppy stomp going with Slow Down (nice to hear again in a mix), for some similar steppy madness with the likes of Far Out to bring its unique additional percussion and effects to the previous colab, whilst the female vocal still makes the penultimate tune evident.

A wicked mix Mr Smith! Liked how there was a lot of fairly recent bits in there with a fair handful of older tunes like Beachball & Punchbag, plus classics like Bacteria & Alien Girl. Mixing was quality, transitions were sweet and the EQ-ing was top drawer (y)

Nice one for the good comments lad.

Can't believe you would have forgotten Stack! One of my favourites on Modulations. Glad you picked up on the bleepy parts of both tunes in that Objection/Stack mix which is the reason I stuck that mix in there. Glad also that you spot the more intricate bits of the mix, like the little cut back with the My Soul/Bacteria mix. Try to change it up as much as possible otherwise mixing can get slightly boring... (y)

The Liberation Bacteria mix next is a percy...letting the liberation vocal snippet 16 bars in into the mix after the double poke through just enough.

Glad you like the Steam Train/Back In The Grind mix...cheeky cue of BITG 16 bars before the drop was the key there...gotta be a bit quick matching it though!
Fortress VIP is a percy again. The quick cue of Tubular after that tune I thought kept the mix moving as much as possible.

ah spotted that mistake in the TL will change...thanks Hawkeye (y) haha.

Glad you enjoyed the harder bits near the end with Alien Girl and Far Out...just went digging to try and lengthen this mix as much as possible, turned out a bit better than I initially thought.

Cheers for checking this man. Need to spread some moar reppings for you fine efforts critiquing.

So many mixes to listen to... but you better believe this is amongst them!

Nice one HAB! Would be good to hear your thoughts on this.

starting really heavy - nodding my head and unable to stand still on my chair. really cold and dark. objection just came in and so far it's been such good blending, it's hard to spot when a new track enters. 4 tracks at the moment and they go really well together - like a glove to a hand, you know. noice one with bacteria, haven't heard that before. jk, haha - just no in a while tho. enjoying the mix so far sir. ooh shiit, liberation + brainstich remix is absolutely mayheeeeeem :o. proper destruction bznz. and here we enter to the hardware/virus sounds. again, proper sick mixing - steamtrain + back in the grind are perfect for each other. also, top notch eq-ng. impressive.

second half of the mix starting with the dark sounds of dbr uk and fre4knc. ah i love it :) fastforward, sound of nymfo coming in - lovely. i can already tell how behing time is going to sit well with it. aaargh, mayhem once again with that utopia tune and alien girl. haha, and slow down will be perfect here ;).

okay, was a really good ride, enjoyed it a lot. you should've couple more tunes to make it longer hehe :)

starting really heavy - nodding my head and unable to stand still on my chair. really cold and dark. objection just came in and so far it's been such good blending, it's hard to spot when a new track enters. 4 tracks at the moment and they go really well together - like a glove to a hand, you know. noice one with bacteria, haven't heard that before. jk, haha - just no in a while tho. enjoying the mix so far sir. ooh shiit, liberation + brainstich remix is absolutely mayheeeeeem :o. proper destruction bznz. and here we enter to the hardware/virus sounds. again, proper sick mixing - steamtrain + back in the grind are perfect for each other. also, top notch eq-ng. impressive.

second half of the mix starting with the dark sounds of dbr uk and fre4knc. ah i love it :) fastforward, sound of nymfo coming in - lovely. i can already tell how behing time is going to sit well with it. aaargh, mayhem once again with that utopia tune and alien girl. haha, and slow down will be perfect here ;).

okay, was a really good ride, enjoyed it a lot. you should've couple more tunes to make it longer hehe :)

Nice one for the kind comments & taking to the time to listen and feedback Fuuz3r.

Definitely want to make the next mix a lot longer...revived this series purely to try and keep myself interested and to post more and more mixes.

(y) thanks again for the kind words buddy. Repped.

oh yes, this was good Stu.
gonna listen to this again for sure, made the workout so much more enjoyable. many tunes in there that i really like. good to hear that FD track again ,
been a while. great mix

oh yes, this was good Stu.
gonna listen to this again for sure, made the workout so much more enjoyable. many tunes in there that i really like. good to hear that FD track again ,
been a while. great mix

Yes big ups EuroTide. Thanks for taking the time to listen and drop some kind thoughts.

Can't believe how many people seemed to miss Stack and it just gets forgotten about. Love the little 8 bar change up in the breakdown before it builds back up again.

Thanks again man - point me in the direction of any mixes you have floating about lad. (y)

Downloaded this last night, will listen to it tomorrow evening and come back with thoughts

Nice one Dan looking forward to hear what you think.

Been rocking yours a fair bit in the last couple of days...will jot a few words for you when I get a decent opportunity.

everything in this mix was bang on point, selection and mixing was amazing, all songs in this mix really flow well with each other and the transition are banging, section that I enjoyed the most had to be FD - Stack [Modulations] > Getz - My Soul [Utopia] > Ed Rush - Bacteria [Virus] > Enei & Emperor - Liberation [Critical] > Noisia - Brainstitch (Break Remix) [Shogun] :rambo:, big up man massive mix will definitly be listening to again

Back
Top Bottom