DnB Rolling Straight Through Vol 3. - 100% Vinyl

everything in this mix was bang on point, selection and mixing was amazing, all songs in this mix really flow well with each other and the transition are banging, section that I enjoyed the most had to be FD - Stack [Modulations] > Getz - My Soul [Utopia] > Ed Rush - Bacteria [Virus] > Enei & Emperor - Liberation [Critical] > Noisia - Brainstitch (Break Remix) [Shogun] :rambo:, big up man massive mix will definitly be listening to again

Big ups Danny - you picked out pretty much my favourite section.
Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to listen mang. Hope the next edition of this series can be up there with this one.

Will keep an eye out for any mixes you post up on ere (y)

this was really sick man.

love the moody intro, first 3 tunes went flawlessly into each other and really helped set the tone.

the steady progression from there onwards to bacteria was really good, went from the steppier side into big rollers.
absolutely loved hearing beachball come in, such a massive tune, doesn't get played anywhere near enough as it should. mix with punchbag was on point and worked well, good to hear the older bits done well in the mix!

steam train and back in the grind was a blinding mix, those mids work so well together, top notch one that.

the next few mixes all worked well as i'd expect from you.
really really good mix man, progression through to the harder stuff worked superbly well, and made it more of a ride, which is what i like in mixes.

(y)

this was really sick man.

love the moody intro, first 3 tunes went flawlessly into each other and really helped set the tone.

the steady progression from there onwards to bacteria was really good, went from the steppier side into big rollers.
absolutely loved hearing beachball come in, such a massive tune, doesn't get played anywhere near enough as it should. mix with punchbag was on point and worked well, good to hear the older bits done well in the mix!

steam train and back in the grind was a blinding mix, those mids work so well together, top notch one that.

the next few mixes all worked well as i'd expect from you.
really really good mix man, progression through to the harder stuff worked superbly well, and made it more of a ride, which is what i like in mixes.

(y)

Wicked James! Nice one for taking the time to leave some thoughts and listen bro.

Beachball definitely is an underrated tune - got a stack of tunes from around that era that never get any playtime, partly the reason I chucked Punchbag in there. Love the old Virus sound.

Seems like that Steam Train/Back In the Grind Remix has gone down a treat with all who have listened so far. When I listened back initially I felt that a little more mid could have poked through on Steam Train, but it makes the cuts back and forth in that mix seem a little out of place. Probably my favourite mix of the lot in this one.

Glad you digged the stuff towards the end. I got to Suddenly and didn't really know what to pull out and looked at the time of the recording and realised I need to lengthen it out a wee bit & for unplanned mixes they came out alright. Sometimes freestyling works just as well as taking time to plan a mix certainly for me anyway.

Cheers again mang! your thoughts are always invaluable.

Wicked, wicked mix all the way through Stu :)
I enjoyed the solid flow, made for very easy listening and selection was top notch. Mixing was also absolutely spot on, it's hard to pick some favourite parts as I enjoyed it all.
Let's try though...standout bits: first 3 tunes set the pace perfectly, Hollow Moon is a great intro tune and I had to pick up Objection right away as it was sitting in my wishlist for too damn long, what a tune this one. Then everything from Bacteria up to Back In The Grind RMX, that last one mixed with Steam Train in particular was a huge mix indeed! Loved the ever so rolling part from Tubular up to Behind Time, props for including Suddenly, this tune sits so well in the mix, also that tease of Talk To Frank RMX made me bop around, long time no hear.
All in all a great contribution to the series really, looking forward to hear another one of yours!

Wicked, wicked mix all the way through Stu :)
I enjoyed the solid flow, made for very easy listening and selection was top notch. Mixing was also absolutely spot on, it's hard to pick some favourite parts as I enjoyed it all.
Let's try though...standout bits: first 3 tunes set the pace perfectly, Hollow Moon is a great intro tune and I had to pick up Objection right away as it was sitting in my wishlist for too damn long, what a tune this one. Then everything from Bacteria up to Back In The Grind RMX, that last one mixed with Steam Train in particular was a huge mix indeed! Loved the ever so rolling part from Tubular up to Behind Time, props for including Suddenly, this tune sits so well in the mix, also that tease of Talk To Frank RMX made me bop around, long time no hear.
All in all a great contribution to the series really, looking forward to hear another one of yours!

Wicked FG - thanks for taking the time to listen and leave some feedback

You certainly touched on a few bits I liked myself. Glad you digged this pal. Got your Frostbite mix lined up next very much looking forward to it.

Big ups.

This is on the list, man. Just haven't had a chance yet!

Yes HAB - still got one of your older liquid mixes in rotation. Big ups.

Nice mix man...been rinsing this the past few days...has helped make the journey to work a little easier..love the first few blends especially!

Nice one Myles - have to say I was pretty amazed how clean the opening 3 tunes sounded when I first listened back. Thanks again for checking and leaving your thoughts pal, hope work is as bearable as the journey (y)

Will have a slice of this :) Nice variation of tunes

Cheers for having a look Acidos. (y)

Excellent mix, really enjoyed it!
Mixes like this are the level I'm trying to create myself so it acts as inspiration and entertainment. :)

Three parts stand out for me:
The mix from Infinite - Beachball via Punchbag to Steam Train.
Really cool to hear the older tunes mixed in with recent tracks and Beachball is one of my favorite dark tracks from the late 90's, so great pick there.

The teaser with the Talk to Frank remix; worked really well to blend it with Quite, also nice how you mix it out again.

And the shifting gear to the final harder bit of the mix with the switch from Alix Perez - Behind Time to Break, Mako, Fields & Villem - Dilligence.
(although I personally think the Alien Girl drop was a bit too much ;) )

Looking forward to your next mix!
Especially since this was only some random picking of tracks, curious to what comes out if you really think about it? ;)

Excellent mix, really enjoyed it!
Mixes like this are the level I'm trying to create myself so it acts as inspiration and entertainment. :)

Three parts stand out for me:
The mix from Infinite - Beachball via Punchbag to Steam Train.
Really cool to hear the older tunes mixed in with recent tracks and Beachball is one of my favorite dark tracks from the late 90's, so great pick there.

The teaser with the Talk to Frank remix; worked really well to blend it with Quite, also nice how you mix it out again.

And the shifting gear to the final harder bit of the mix with the switch from Alix Perez - Behind Time to Break, Mako, Fields & Villem - Dilligence.
(although I personally think the Alien Girl drop was a bit too much ;) )

Looking forward to your next mix!
Especially since this was only some random picking of tracks, curious to what comes out if you really think about it? ;)

Big ups Marthian!

Tbh I find it quite soul destroying trying to piece a mix together...and it ends up me not being able to finish off a mix which a few heads on here know about.

There is something special I have lined up hopefully before the year is out which is a lot more structured than this. Glad you digged the older stuff...some people are all up for brand new tunes but IMO there has been so much good music that has passed everyone by that needs to get some airtime!

Will check your vinyl mix you posted shortly. (y)

Just having another listen. This rolls proper. Really good selection - lots of chewy sounds. Bacteria was an inspiration!

Yea loved that Bacteria mix! Always find My Soul difficult to mix out of so was pretty chuffed with it tbh!

farkin excellent this mix. haven't listened to this sorta stuff in a good while and this was perfect for that fix. also very glad to see you haven't made the switch to digital yet! reprazenttt

farkin excellent this mix. haven't listened to this sorta stuff in a good while and this was perfect for that fix. also very glad to see you haven't made the switch to digital yet! reprazenttt

Thanks for listening and commenting Jack!

Yea still sticking with the records for the mo. Nothing like the warmth of vinyl IMO.

Hopefully see a new mix from yourself soon? :)

Back
Top Bottom