Rolling bass?

Sytrus is good for rolling basslines in FL. you can lay down one long single note and pitch bend it. Click my soundcloud link at the bottom of my sig and listen to the track at the top called shadows of the midnight sun. The rolling bassline in that was created using sytrus.

Sytrus is good for rolling basslines in FL. you can lay down one long single note and pitch bend it. Click my soundcloud link at the bottom of my sig and listen to the track at the top called shadows of the midnight sun. The rolling bassline in that was created using sytrus.

just have sytrus open here in front of me mate, any ideas were i should start on with tryin to make a rolling bass. do i use sub bass for it, or what do i do.
been tryin it all day and can tget it down lol, any help greatly appreciated mate cheers.

you could come close if you ve got a reece sample you can loop, turn on portamento and then lowpass so theres almost only sub left
wether you make the reece sample yourself or not is up to you.

this sounds like some lfo on a sub with another little slice of bass thrown in

the spectrasoul bass sounds more like the wobble is produced by detuning at least 2 waves because it changes with the pitch.
the gnarly bits come from a different bass sample imho.
i'd try the reese method subfocus explained in a tutorial vid for the first one.

if i remeber correctly it was like: take 2 sinewaves and detune them +/-30 or so.
your lowend gets very wobbly and inconsistant. that's why you hipass the two waves.
add a third sine as sub (of course routed to a different filter), bus it together with the hipassed waves and have fun with your bass.
a bit of portamento + saturation, mess around with different waveforms, res, cutoff etc. i think that could get you there (y)

for the second bass i'd try what logikz said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom