DnB Rogue Ai - Blood Dragon

Tried a hybrid approach with the bass. Original sound is from my Alpha Juno recorded through analog flanger, phaser, and distortion. Processed in Cubase using a filter plugin I made with Synth Maker (great little filter plugin that's great for stacking (uses very little cpu)), delay, and reverb. Sub bass is a sound sampled from my Eurorack Modular (small 3u system) as well as the arp synth.

Nice work; I really like the pad work here, a somewhat distinct drum pattern at the start that worked well, and a promising bass. I think the subs on the bass could stand for a boost of sorts, and the main part after the drop seems like it comes in just a fraction too soon.

I really like the groove this track gives tho; some actual darkness in there and it stays there. Your elements agree quite well w/ each other.

Sounding really great, the bass sounds glued as fuck, which is nice. Everything works really well together, you nailed the vibe. It does need quite a bit of mixing work though.

Thanks, but you are probably not used to mixes that are mostly hardware. I tend to mix with the late 90's dnb aesthetic. A hybrid of 90's with modern basslines. I tend to mix not as loud either. I'm not crazy about hyper-clean but loud ITB mixes.

And here's a tip, you can't judge a track's mix to well from a soundcloud stream. Trust me it sounds way better uncompressed.

Thanks, but you are probably not used to mixes that are mostly hardware. I tend to mix with the late 90's dnb aesthetic. A hybrid of 90's with modern basslines. I tend to mix not as loud either. I'm not crazy about hyper-clean but loud ITB mixes.

And here's a tip, you can't judge a track's mix to well from a soundcloud stream. Trust me it sounds way better uncompressed.
Oh, i understand completely. The dynamics and punch is fine, just the frequencies sound a bit too mid-dominant, thats all. More recently i have been listening to some late 90's stuff, and i think you've got that right, i just imo would think it could use some EQ improvement on the busses and the master

Oh, i understand completely. The dynamics and punch is fine, just the frequencies sound a bit too mid-dominant, thats all. More recently i have been listening to some late 90's stuff, and i think you've got that right, i just imo would think it could use some EQ improvement on the busses and the master

What busses? This was mostly mixed through an analog mixer to a stereo track. Perhaps so eq on the master will do.

Nice gritty little tune you got there mate, reminiscent of late 90's/early 00's dnb!

And I think the 2nd mix sounds better (y)

Like that first bass sound, really nice. Nice vibe to the tune, found it a little repetitive by the end :)

What busses? This was mostly mixed through an analog mixer to a stereo track. Perhaps so eq on the master will do.
I dont exactly know what equipement you have, or how many tracks you mixer has, but i just assumed you would have maybe bussed your drums, bass and maybe FX together through possily another mixer or something, i dont know lol. If you dont have the capabilities to buss stuff then thats completely understandable.

I dont exactly know what equipement you have, or how many tracks you mixer has, but i just assumed you would have maybe bussed your drums, bass and maybe FX together through possily another mixer or something, i dont know lol. If you dont have the capabilities to buss stuff then thats completely understandable.

Pretty much everything (except a few vox and random sounds) was coming out of my sampler which only has a stereo main and sub outputs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom