03.) Alix Perez & Rockwell - Ballbag
04.) Fracture - Get Busy
05.) Skeptikal & Dub Phizix - Marka
06.) Jubei ft. Flowan - Say Nothing
07.) Mutated Forms - Look What You Have Done
08.) Sabre - Halo Danger
09.) Noisia & Phace - MPD
10.) dbridge - Not What You Want
11.) Submotion Orchestra - Its Not Me It's You (Alix Perez Remix)
12.) Spectrasoul - Light In the Dark
13.) Rockwell - Tripwire
14.) Phace - Stresstest
15.) The Prototypes - Subterrestrial VIP
16.) Subfocus - Druggy
17.) Rockwell - Constantcomplexrhythmicsound
18.) C4C - Synergy

iTunes - http://tiny.cc/en91cw
non-iTunes - http://tinyurl.com/bso3rtx

156530_10151543688025246_411701450245_23772876_15706501_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one! Actually quite glad Friction's stopped doing the Podcast. The other Shogun lads will do a great job imo, and looking at this months tracklist, it already looks a lot better.

Nice one! Actually quite glad Friction's stopped doing the Podcast. The other Shogun lads will do a great job imo, and looking at this months tracklist, it already looks a lot better.

I actually think you are a moron. I'm not saying the rest of the Shogun camp won't do great as well, but Friction was doing the best podcast for more than 2 years. The thing is he actually represented the whole scene, the whole spectrum of dnb, which not much of DJs/producers are able to do. The versatility is what keeps podcasts interesting.

EDIT: this episode is pretty awesome to be honest

I actually think you are a moron. I'm not saying the rest of the Shogun camp won't do great as well, but Friction was doing the best podcast for more than 2 years. The thing is he actually represented the whole scene, the whole spectrum of dnb, which not much of DJs/producers are able to do. The versatility is what keeps podcasts interesting.

ssshhh dont you call him a moron for having an opinion!!! :jackson:

frictions selection was a little bland for me usually :p

ssshhh dont you call him a moron for having an opinion!!! :jackson:

frictions selection was a little bland for me usually :p

There's a clear difference between having an opinion and sounding like a moron. (I like this podcast better than the previous ones x This podcast's TL looks a lot better and I'm glad Friction fucked off)

Who the fuck are you, you little nob jockey? I've listened to every Shogun Podcast since Friction started them and in my opinion, the selections got progressively worse. Now he's moved onto Radio 1 he can play tunes that 'represent the whole scene'. The idea of a label having a Podcast, is that they represent the sound of the label and playing Camo and Krooked cheese for example isn't doing that. At Shogun nights in London he doesn't play those sorts of tracks so why play it on a podcast? That's all Im saying you little flid. Now fuck off.

Who the fuck are you, you little nob jockey? I've listened to every Shogun Podcast since Friction started them and in my opinion, the selections got progressively worse. Now he's moved onto Radio 1 he can play tunes that 'represent the whole scene'. The idea of a label having a Podcast, is that they represent the sound of the label and playing Camo and Krooked cheese for example isn't doing that. At Shogun nights in London he doesn't play those sorts of tracks so why play it on a podcast? That's all Im saying you little flid. Now fuck off.

Now listen to me you narrow-minded knob, I don't give a fuck about how long you've been doing whatever, it doesn't even matter in this case. In a podcast, you might wanna keep the listeners entertained (and I mean as many of them as possible, not only some sort of "this is the only true dnb music" snobs), not bore them with playing the same forthcoming tunes of your own (or similar) label(s) over and over again. Podcast isn't a DJ set, remember that. If you wanna hear him representing the label's sound, go to the Shogun Audio night you've mentioned and stop crying about some C&K bollocks he played once in a while. Plus who the fuck you think you are to claim what is the idea of a label having a podcast? Do you own any label and/or do you run any podcast?

Lol..when I read that it felt like I was getting told off by Mark Corrigan from The Peep Show..so when Neo Signal make a Podcast do they play Netsky's tunes? When Break does a Symmetry Podcast does he play Magistrate's tunes? Exactly..No! You're making out I hate everything Friction has ever done, which Im not..all Im saying(which I thought I was allowed to because this was a forum when I last checked) is that over the last year or so, some of the tunes that Friction was playing were not really representing the Shogun sound that attracted me to the label in the first place. Obviously things move on(hence the signing of Prototypes etc) as has Friction, which is why he's now the Voice of DnB on Radio 1. Good luck to him..

Now as I said before, fuck off you square. You started this petty argument, not me.

That's exactly why much more people listen to (and enjoy listening to) Friction's podcast, not to the Neosignal nor Symmetry ones. And those podcasts are mainly solid dnb mixes with a few words about the tune currently playing over it. All I'm saying you can't stand the fact you're hearing other types of drum and bass in his podcasts lately hence you're crying about the "decreasing" quality. Is it so wrong if he plays a Calibre tune while he's also playing shit loads of new Rockwell and Icicle? I don't think so. I'm grateful he's attracted me to the different sounds and labels which, let's be honest, doesn't really happen with any other label podcasts.

I have a better taste in podcasts than everyone.
I listen to the Ricky Gervais, righteous indignation and the minutephysics podcasts.
That makes me better than all of you.
Yeh sey suttinbb!

there was really no need to call him a moron, if anything i think he had a valid point in terms of his opinion:

but yeah im definitely a bigger fan of rockwell's selection here

Back
Top Bottom