Rockwell - Reverse engineering

i quite like it
something quite out of the ordinary tbh
i spose thats what rockwells about
making tunes that push bounderies

I heard this on Bailey's radio show, he played it backwards to see what it would sound like, not bad i must say.

Yeh this one has grown on me alot. First heard this @ Hardware christmas time. Khanage b2b Rockwell. Proppa threw me off hearing it at first. sick tune though.

Meant to be droppin v soon aswell. Check out http://www.darkestral.com/ ;)

Think Pearson Sound 12 is meant to be out before but the vinyl for this is apparently a play on the name- possibly going from inside to out/ backwards :cool:

Damn fine tune, damn fine

im nt sure ive got mixed views on this tune, heard it a while back now and at first i didnt like it atall.
but i have always respected how rockwell pushes at the 'typical' sound.

And now after listening to it for a few months on and off im beginning to quite like it.
just not 100% yet, Production is top tho as per usual.
definately looking forward to Unit shifter and shards more tho. big rockwell gullyness

I really don't get what all the fuss is about. So he's made a tune that sounds like it's being played backwards. Big fucking woop. I don't want to dance to backwards drum and bass. Yeah, sure the production is immense. But that's becoming a Rockwell standard anyway.

I will buy this vinyl for Everything (& U) because that is an immense, beautiful tune which shows a different aspect of Rockwell's production (kind of a Rockwell/Autonomic soundclash), but I will not bother with this one. It's a novelty at best.

On a side note, cannot wait for Unit Shifter and Shards. Loved Shards since I first heard on that Shogun audio take over on DnBTV last year. It's taken fucking ages to come out!

Tune is huge, as is the flip. Both sound especially good when played out.

Probably my favourite of Rockwells releases.

Yeah when I first heard this was a bit like everyone else, not a massive fan, thought it was differnt and amazingly well produced, but abit, meh.
Heard it a couple more times though and its really grown on me, the bass is awesome. Production is so sharp as well, Rockwell pushing boundries.

Back
Top Bottom