Rockwell CM Masterclass (Aria)

fractal

VIP Junglist

one of my favourites tbh...kind of just affirms how i expected him to go about it. wonder how many samples he actually trials when making a tune like that though

Last edited by a moderator:
Incredible how he hardly uses reverb or delay or anything like that yet he works with space so well. Also great to see how he does not give a shit about proper EQ'ing or anything, it just all manages to sound right at the end. Goes to show that hes not a sound engineer or anything like that, hes a producer and thats what matters :)

Incredible how he hardly uses reverb or delay or anything like that yet he works with space so well. Also great to see how he does not give a shit about proper EQ'ing or anything, it just all manages to sound right at the end. Goes to show that hes not a sound engineer or anything like that, hes a producer and thats what matters :)

This blew my mind a bit too. He just cranks the shit out of those hi end freqs and yet, it all sounds "right."

I find it interesting when I see big name producers using methods to their sound design that one would think is mental...yet it totally works.

Case in point, a couple weeks ago on 1xtra DnB w/Bailey, he was interviewing someone in studio (I can't remember who off the top of my head) who stated they rarely–if ever–use compressor on any of their instruments (!). He felt that if the mixing & EQ was done properly, no compression was needed.

Cheers.

thanks for sharing. very surprised by his EQ use!! such a lovely track though.

so gutted i paid for that issue of the mag just for the shogun vids then they go and upload it haha

Really enjoyed watching, i guess at the end of the day if it sounds right then go with it no point in sticking to so called technical conventions of DnB

ye man...its said and said again but it just shows that its all about sample selection in context to the rest of your track. Most his percussion is just a random sound...he just eqs the qualities he wants to bring out from it and places it perfectly with the groove. makes it look very simple which is all the more kudos to him IMO.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a couple of other people on this issue. I swear interface did one? does anyone know? I havn't watched any of these in time and could do with a bit of inspiration! sound

yep, very inspiring vid, made me realize how much i stuck to the mastering 'standards'

Wasn't there a couple of other people on this issue. I swear interface did one? does anyone know? I havn't watched any of these in time and could do with a bit of inspiration! sound

Yeah he did. There was spectrasoul, friction, rockwell, interface and a short bit about mastering from friction.

I can stick you the interface one up if you want? Will youtube get arsy if i stick it there?

Yeah he did. There was spectrasoul, friction, rockwell, interface and a short bit about mastering from friction.

I can stick you the interface one up if you want? Will youtube get arsy if i stick it there?

Maybe put it on vimeo, they still havent taken the spectrasoul one down. Is the friction one anygood?

http://vimeo.com/36712561 the spectrasoul one if you missed it

Just started the upload to Vimeo. It pretty much takes up my weekly upload limit, so if anyone wants any of the others up I will do it next week :)

@yogi - to be honest all I remember from the friction one was he tells you to turn your phone off when your at your computer. Dont think ive watched it fully.
Ill bang the interface vid link up in a bit when its done all its processing stuff.

The friction one is just about processing drums pretty much, there's also one where friction goes on about mastering which turns out him going on about why vinyl is better to play out haha

what the fuck did i just watch...?that eqing is ridic! now i know what they mean when they say there are no rules!
hez got some good samples though.you dont get that quality from loopmasters

Back
Top Bottom