RocknRolla - guy ritchie

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by duffer, Sep 5, 2008.

1. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

Anyone else going to be watchign this? going tonight i reckon it looks pretty big!

Would put a trailer up but my shitty work computer blocks youtube

2. safety

safety double safety

i think the guy needs to do soemthing different. fed up of films about london gangsters. he's done it to death. at least quenton tarrantino had the balls to try different genres, guy ritchie doesn't know how to make any other films.

3. BDS

BDS Active Member

what was swept awy then?

he tried sumin differentthere and it went pear,

stick to what you know thats what I say.

4. safety

safety double safety

what the fuck is swept away?

5. Prospekt

Prospekt Active Member

Firmly agreed, it's going to be so predictable it's untrue. The guy hasn't even tried to vary his style of film in anyway since he came on the scene. Plus Guy Ritchie seems like an arrogant nonce, saw some interview with him last night on C4, not a fan of the guy one bit. I won't completely knock it till I've tried it, but we all know what it's going to be like.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  6. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Exactly! It some piss-poor film he did with that gawdawful wife of his as the lead... Don't know anyone who saw it, don't think it got a general release at the cinema, the critics gave it the worst mauling I have ever seen!

I wouldn't mind checking out this new one though, apparantly despite a couple of dodgy performances and a slightly flimsy storyline it's really not that bad... Well that's what Paul Connoly said in the London paper last night anyway, and as we all know Paul Connoly in the London Paper is the final word in film....

(ahem)

7. Snowgirl

Snowgirl Member

He is a bit of a knobend, he goes shooting AND is married to Madonna. He has to be an arrogant idiot to be married to her. I don't mind his films though....Sorry Duffer hope you enjoy it though!

8. duffer

Nothing to apologise for snowgirl! I think hes a bit of an idiot, married to madonna wtf? but i love lock Stock and Snatch and expect this to be good aswell. It will be a bit different to LS and Snatch as he was sayign he didn't have a clue what was going on in the eas end since he made snatch so he worked with criminals to see what was going on and they helped with parts of the story. I think it will be a good film to be honest! I'll let people know what i think of it

9. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

he made a movie with madonna? haha did you hear about her dutch concert, she found a guitar and was fucking about on stage trying to play it for ages, after which she decided to crucify herself on stage. shes so over the hill its stupid fucking go home grandma, at least the rolling stones rock

10. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Couldn't agree more...

Post of the week!

11. logikz

thank you greg! its fat!!
    [​IMG]

12. Snowgirl

Snowgirl Member

HEY! Where did you get that picture of me from?!

13. logikz

i like to keep one handy, you know... for those idle moments.

14. Greg P

Greg P Active Member

Peter Bradshaw
    The Guardian, Friday September 5 2008

That title of Mr Guy Ritchie's new featcha. Means geeza. Or mobsta. Top bruisa. In his London manna. Sad to say, the film's a shocka. A right depressa. Bit of a dispirita. For this directa, it ain't exactly a departcha. And the title means as well as everything else Mr Ritchie's become a dodgy spella. What a dismaying orthographical decline since his last pictcha. Which we must now think of as Revolva. This was influenced by the belief system known as Kabbala. Rememba? Espoused by his spouse, whose name may originally have been spelt "Madonner".

Howeva. This one does not have Danny Dya. That really would have been a killa. But it has got Tom Wilkinson (what a troopa), Gerard Butla and many an acta who learned to speak cockney at Rada.

It's got Thandie Newton, playing someone name-a Stella. She's just a stunna in designa clobba. And for the filmgoa who recalls her in Flirting, this is a bit of a choka. (I think she deserves betta.) And it's got Toby Kebbell, who once played the managa of that northern pop whingea who just felt sadda and sadda and finally came a fatal and tragically self-inflicted croppa.

All of these thesps pretend to be well harda than anyone else, in scenes that get shorta and shorta, accompanied by a well irritating mockney voiceova. Each playa's got his shoota. Each of them gets a silly monika, like "One Two" or "Mumbles". Sometimes they wear hats or caps - but a titfa is no substitute for a propa characta. There's a violent Russian monsta who appears to be a football club proprieta, which may trigga anga in a certain real life fella from Russia who will holla for his lawya. (I've seen subtla.) Guy Ritchie, who is also the writa, moreova has someone saying that London property prices are going to go up and up for eva and eva, which isn't exactly cleva, given the current financial weatha.

As so often in the oeuvra of the film's creata, each cipha sounds like he's a Groucho Club memba, a haunta of that exclusive London booza which contains many a bourgwa meeja wanka who thinks he's a West Ham supporta after a night on the powda. I mean, Mr Ritchie: this genra: it's ova. I mean, doing yet anotha stinka of a drama about the mee-lee-a of the ersatz London gangsta? You're taking the piss - intcha?

15. duffer

Anyone watched this yet? Ended up going to the cinema and getting wrecked and cant remember any of it :(

16. Fratanize

Fratanize Keepin the jungle alive

well.... ive seen it on pirate.
    Not nearly as good as lockstock or snatch.
    a few laughable moments.
    might just be me tho.

17. duffer

Same opinion as most poeple i have spoken to

18. Fratanize

go see it tho. shouldn't let others decide for ya.
    i went to see step brothers. really enjoyed that. good for american humour

19. duffer

I paid 7 quid to watch it and had a few to many sniffs, jack daniels and vodkas and woke up noti remeberign a thing. goin to see the little chinese man for a pirate i think.

20. Fratanize

knock off nigel are ya?