Robert G - Give me a dubplate - Jump up

like the main bass man.
tune seems to be lacking low end though. cat hear a sub, and kick seems more of a pop.
i'd try and do another mixdown and bring lows up more if possible.
good start though man.

like the main bass man.
tune seems to be lacking low end though. cat hear a sub, and kick seems more of a pop.
i'd try and do another mixdown and bring lows up more if possible.
good start though man.

Cheer's man, i only spent 3 hour's on it so bit of a rush job, gonna have another bash on the mixdown.

Hey dude - Just had a listen - I really like the bass line and the fact that you have layered it up :) One idea that might be worth trying is to add an LFO to the filter on one of the layers through some sections of the tune. I think overall you perhaps need to go through the tune and make some interesting edits as breaks i.e. at the end of every other 4th or 8th bar.

AS for the drumz I think you need to add more layers to make them sound a bit more phatter - Have you considered adding an amen break over some sections ? How do you typically make your drum loops ?

Overall I like the idea and would be keen to hear a finished copy :) Nice work...

Hey dude - Just had a listen - I really like the bass line and the fact that you have layered it up :) One idea that might be worth trying is to add an LFO to the filter on one of the layers through some sections of the tune. I think overall you perhaps need to go through the tune and make some interesting edits as breaks i.e. at the end of every other 4th or 8th bar.

AS for the drumz I think you need to add more layers to make them sound a bit more phatter - Have you considered adding an amen break over some sections ? How do you typically make your drum loops ?

Overall I like the idea and would be keen to hear a finished copy :) Nice work...

Cheer's for the positive comment's, I have'nt spent too much time reading up on drum's i've been focused on bass so i don't have any specific way that i make loop's, normaly just rush them as you can tell by my tune lol.

If you know of any good place's to read up on it please post a link, my drum's always let my tune's down.

The best bet mate is get some loops from samples sites or cd's then filter them so you get the top end coming through and you will notice a good groove over otherwise rigid quantised beats...

New version at the top of the page, changed intro + drop, added more layers to the drums to make them crisper and worked more on the mixdown, all feedback welcome.

Good shit bro, i was definetly feeling that.

Could do with a lil something extra tho i think, maybe some variation on the bass sound?

ez man.
i like the groove on it, it needs some variation, and some low end on ur snare.
get a good sample boost the low end quite far up with a short attack i find best. will really give this snare a full sound then.
needs some more sub man.
try duplicating ur bass patch aswell man lowpassing it and adding some distortion give it some real grit!

Ok this is the last version of this tune now.

Cranked up the sub bass, added an extra bass layer lowpassed with some fx, i did try variating the bass by automating an lfo but the wobble's just don't suit this tune.
Added an extra fatter snare with a short attack speed but cant get it any fatter or it doesnt sit in the mix right, also changed the drum's so it switches every 32 bar's for a bit more variation, i can't get the mixdown any better as my setup is shit, i'm still using accoustic solution's speaker's and a yamaha amp.

All feedback welcome.

Last edited:
hmmm... this sounds a touch cheesy to me!? think its the b-line... i like the pattern and the sound (although i'm sure i've heard something similar) just in the mix stte it is in, sounds a bit disposable ya know?

think it needs something to make it stand out? and yeah MOAR sub!

I would work on synt Eq, and for a stronger drop....some variation would give be very very good, in this way most of people say: " this is clownstep"

If you cant vary the bass anymore, then i would consider shortening the track. Its a bit too samey for almost 6 mins. Would work better around 4 mins-ish imo.

Definetly a good tune tho!

Cheer's for the comment's guy's, had to format my hard drive last night and i forgot to save alll my projects to a different partition and everything got wiped so i won't be able to take this one any further.

Back
Top Bottom