Rob Papen Blue help plz: Algorithm

Discussion in 'Production' started by mistasfx, Jul 29, 2011.

1. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

http://www.robpapen.com/pdf/RP_BLUE_manual_1.8.pdf

Page 25.

Now, i dont understand what or how this massively effects sound or will help me create nasty sounds but i also dont understand the manuals explanation of it. I'm not a noob but this is makin me feel kinda noobish as i really wanna explore this routing screen. I've had presets that use this algorithm screen n messed with the knobs to see whats what but nothing that major happens.

So could anyone plz explain this to me lol

Thanks

2. T:M

T:M Dusty Techno Workout

I don't use this plug, but that shit looks confusing as hell. Have you tried adjusting things in extreme amounts? <- If you do that I recommend bringing the volume down just incase something is attached to resonance or some other ear/speaker-threatening parameter.

3. mistasfx

mistasfx MISTA SFX

i understand as much as u can get each osc to modulate the next with one final one as the output but after fiddling, it doesnt seem to do a lot so i was just hoping someone could tell me the trick im missing lol

4. kama

kama benkama.net

Or try using extremely different waveforms in the oscillators that are mixed. Modulate an extreme pulse osc with a sine or triangle, modulate a square with an organ osc etc, that might give a more discernable effect.

I don't use blue though hahahahaha

5. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

look up a tut on FM Modulation, that should give you some idea of what is going on and how it works, then it should make more sense....have fun!!!

6. Simply D.

Simply D. Polysonic

adjust the volumes of the modified oscillator and the modifiers oscillator. also change the waves around and the ratio.