Roadrunnerr - Snare Placement - Liquid

"Roadrunner - Imagine the snare" <---
good synths and such things but you need a helluva lot of work on these drums.

Alright. I think I fixed up the snare and i'm upping it onto soundcloud again. And I made the bassline a bit quieter, because I thought it was a touch too heavy, and adjusted the levels of the various hats. Just sticking it back up...

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

ok its back up again :D

Still sounds the same dude. It sounds like its really muffled and shit. Almost like as if you were standing outside a club and you can hear it. And it sounds like theres reverb on it too!

Still sounds the same dude. It sounds like its really muffled and shit. Almost like as if you were standing outside a club and you can hear it. And it sounds like theres reverb on it too!
This is why it sucks to not have proper monitors :(

I'll see what I can do tomorrow...

nice track, theres some good subtle things youve done with the drums that i like. vibe with the synths is good, although maybe a little slow to progress. agree with the snare it sounds like its been compressed the wrong way or its just the wrong snare!
personally i would have to say there just wasnt enough to keep me interested, maybe the touches were just too subtle for me to pick up on but i think the track just had a really slow pace, and little variation.

hope that is of some help,

i much prefer the sound in "not for the dancefloor". proper chill out

try just cutting out all the reverb when it drops and either lower those synthy chords at the drop, let the bass stand out, add some movement to it.

Edited again.
Changed the snare, removed reverb on the kick and snare lowered the lead after the drop, added a small twinkley piano sound, and softened the hats a bit.

If that snare is still dodgy, I'll see what it's like with a clap underneath it to give it some lift.

Edited again.

link please?

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:04 ----------

Sounding better, but the snare and kick sound like there really not there...
maybe try this
Put just simple 909 snare style snare under your current snare....you might have to pitch it a bit...thatll give it some more punch
and try layering up 2 or 3 kicks together, with eqing on all of them

i just get the feeling that with some really punchy drums this track would be killa

sound

snares still sounding the same
kick sounds better, although that might be my ears playin tricks on me
make those drums punch thru mate and then itll be big
just get em punchin!

sound

snares still sounding the same
kick sounds better, although that might be my ears playin tricks on me
make those drums punch thru mate and then itll be big
just get em punchin!

sound

I'll see if sidechaining is better, or just layer more snares on. We shall see....

Last edited:
Almost like as if you were standing outside a club and you can hear it. And it sounds like theres reverb on it too!

Exactly what I thought.
Again to minimal for me. Sounds like 4 Beats Drag and Drop.

But work on it, compress your drums more and master each track (EQ, COMPRESS, MAXIMISE, SATURATE...). The mastermix at least.

Keep it real and go for it.
Nobody got no potential ;)

P.S.: If you don't have the oportunity to produce loud, try to get a cheap Sony MDR-7506. This is one of the most neutral Headphones and you can make a good (Demo) Production with them.
But care for your ears.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom