Roadrunnerr - Snare Placement - Liquid

The track seems a bit thin (frequency wise it's very minimal. I guess the plus side is the sound is very clean)

This is the kind of track that really benefits from a decent 200hz peaking snare nudging through the mix.

IME that snare you used would sound better in a break-oriented loop, rather than a programming/synth-oriented loop. I do like the idea behind the cymbals movement, and odd sprites of wood percussion / snare reverses etc. it gives it nice groove and variation.
The cymbals (hats etc) are a bit thin or not Eq'd in the right spots.
The 'wet' hat sounds nice though :)
Its very atmospheric, playing with the pads, you could dig more out of the sound for other instruments.

AND YOU NEED MORE OF 3:08 BASS! Why not give the change more impact with a nice drop around that part?
I liked that sound mate. it fills the bass area out nicely:)

hope this helps

Leaf

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Nooby question time.
I get compress. But Maximise and saturate? o_O

saturation is best used for drums, it can really thicken up the sound of the drums, basically saturation derives from an analogue technique which ripens the drum n some frequencies. The best saturation plugins (if you gonna do it digitally need a ceiling slider/knob (to stomp out the digi 0dB hard clipping), a threshold slider/knob, and a gain slider/knob.
You'll hear what it does when you play with saturation or anything :)

Back
Top Bottom