Roadrunnerr - Event Horizon

sounding quite good man, think the bass could do with more movement, but it sounds nice as it is.
the different percussion elements u have in there work well, and the vocal all be it a small clip.
im only listening on headphones so cant really comment on mixdown!

Can't comment on the technical aspect of the track, but I really like the intro and the vocals. As said already it all fits together nicely and I like how it doesn't sound too busy (if that makes sense). Enjoyed listening.

Liking this, everything is nice and flowing. the bass thru my speakers sounds quite dominate in the mix, maybe thats what you wanted. love the old school vibe with the drums, spesh when you bring in the 16th hi hats...subtle but works nicely only thing i could say is maybe give the drums a bit more punch to them or try sidechaining the kick with the bass, they clash a little.

Sounds nice. The constant sub sounds a tad over powering on my headphones. I'd suggest a balance between 3:06 - 3:17 and the rest, maybe just pull the real low end down a small bit? I reckon the sub might be taking up a fraction too much space.

How much limit did you apply? 4-5 db? Just curious.

Sounds nice. The constant sub sounds a tad over powering on my headphones. I'd suggest a balance between 3:06 - 3:17 and the rest, maybe just pull the real low end down a small bit? I reckon the sub might be taking up a fraction too much space.

How much limit did you apply? 4-5 db? Just curious.

3db limiting, also reading through the question I put on the ableton thread which is now in your sig, I can see why it makes no sense. (and the problem sorted itself :p)
I'll see if I can add some more bassline movement somehow, like a subtle lfo or something... I'll definitely turn down the sub too.

Like everyone has said, the sub is too loud. Bring it down and you'll be able to bring the drums up a bit more to balance the mix out a bit.

i like this alot mate...! its vibing... wicked bassline.

i personally think the snare should be a tiny bit stronger, then it would be a fat track. maybe it has too much release, or it just needs more of a punch behind it... might just be me. big tune tho

If I really, really tighten it up, with some more things to make it stand out somehow here and there, would it be worth sending it out to a small label?

might aswell go for it mate, im not sure it its up to standard ( as in genuinely have no idea ) but whats the worst that can happen!

dunno mate, like its been said. its pretty solid, but imo youd need much more variation within the drums and some more atmospherics to make it stand out. maybe bring back the vocals somehow, add some more fx and really tighten it up - ie the piano in the beginning and the intro as a whole, its just drums filtering in with this piano, needs more things to happen imo. piano should be eqed some more imo aswel. and i know that vocal sample from somewhere? nevermind.

maybe add another snare layer planing every forth snare or something. kick needs more punch aswell, as already being said.

but yeah, tighten it up and send it out, why not?
big ups, youre really improving atm mate! nice one.

Back
Top Bottom