Rising- Techy drum'n'bass

harryp2000

Hey people, heres the first track I'm sticking up for reviews/feedback, I started this about 2 days ago, I'd love to know what everyones feeling off this/ suggestions to beef it up to the max!

Heres the 320 version : http://www.mediafire.com/?mdnmwmnfy5k

The second half of this tune isn't totally finished yet riff/melody/synth wise suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I want to add more to the drums, like breaks and varied fills/maybe some more hits so any advice on that would be sweet.

Cheers for all the tips people have been putting up on here it's helped with experimenting for my bass sounds, although mine needs work its sounding fatter than my earlier productions through layering up!

:not_worth

Last edited:
Ez man, jus downloading

For a start though if ya want a good account of critic for mix etc id post a 320 or at least a 192, 128s can make the tops sound a bit wishy washy and over gives a shit quality ;)

Locked........

You got an idea of what you want in a tune i can tell that for sure :)

The tune is pretty quiet. I can hear the kick and snare cutting through so sounds like you have layered them ok

Hats seem a bit upfront to me

There are a few freq clashes though that make the tune a bit muddled and sound a little messy

make sure each element in the tune has its own space on the eq.

Layout of the tune is kool, it works. The melodies work too, the synth that comes in gets a little annoying after a while for me personally though

Good effort though man, keep at it bro

what ya using?

Cheers for your feedback mate, it defintaly needs work still, melody/synth/drum variation, mixing and EQ work, I'm using Reason 4 at the moment, I've just started for the last couple of months exploring Thor trying to make custom sounds, it'll be nice knowing more being able to harness all this software properly.

I need some decent monitors too at some point, I'm doing my beat making/mixing through an oldish hi fi so upgrading could help out with a few things, being able to hear everything clearer would make it easier mixing better i'd of thought.

I'll stick up a 320 version in a bit! Gotta keep chipping away.

Last edited:
Cheers for your feedback mate, it defintaly needs work still, melody/synth/drum variation, mixing and EQ work, I'm using Reason 4 at the moment, I've just started for the last couple of months exploring Thor trying to make custom sounds, it'll be nice knowing more being able to harness all this software properly.

I need some decent monitors too at some point, I'm doing my beat making/mixing through an oldish hi fi so upgrading could help out with a few things, being able to hear everything clearer would make it easier mixing better i'd of thought.

I'll stick up a 320 version in a bit! Gotta keep chipping away.

Yeah monitors are a major help man, you need the flattest respeonse possible so you dont boost or take away eq in places that dont need it.

im a reason 4 user too man, wicked program once you get to know how to use it properly

I also agree THOR is wicked! use it to make most of our basses

keep up the good work mate, i love the synth. but everything sounds abit together if you know what i mean, try slightly putting everything into left to right balence, that works wonders for the sound.

I'd love to know what everyones feeling off this/ suggestions to beef it up to the max!

:not_worth

Be careful about too much beef. It does sound really very muddy. Defo listen to the comments about everything in it's place.
Less can be more and all that.

goin for the old school sound

the drums seem to get very drowned out by the lead parts... most of the tune seems to be drowned out by the lead tbh...

have u got sum rock influence?? im trying to work out where u take ur influence from

Man I've got influences from all around, Noisia, Spor, love their hard, strong basses and beats! I'm going to keep working on this and post it back up at a later date, hopefully sounding alot clearer!
I'm learning to play the guitar at the moment I'm concentrating on rhythm, I'll have to incorporate that into some liquid d'n'b sometime in the future.

The Doors are a good rock'n'roll influence for sure! Jimi Hendrix too!

Back
Top Bottom