Ripping vocals from a tune

if you have an instrumental you can use phase inversion to get the vox

its easier said than done though

This pops up from time to time and while there are ways to make the drums less prominent via EQ and some clever fades, it's not quite possible. Your best hope is to eq it a little but mask the drum hits under your own drums.

Pretty poor on the production front if i'm honest mate..

What do i want to do with the EQing to make the drums less prominent in the tune??? And will i be doing it in my DAW? (Cubase)

yes you can do it in cubase. Just start dropping highs (around 6-8KHz and up) from the track until it starts affecting the vocal too much. Then take it a notch back. Same with the basses - you can easily drop under 400Hz without losing much on the vocal. It wont sound at all natural but it's the best you can do tbh.

i got a copy of izotope vocal eraser with my purchase of soundforge, and its garbage. Don't really think there is an easy way of doing it, unless you just choose really basic / minimal tunes - Like Phil Collins or something

Have you tried searching for the acapella of the track you want to work on? www.acapellas4u has tons of stuff, you may just find what you are looking for there. Unless of course it's actually part of your college course to eliminate the beats yourself......in which case I'll just shut up and go away.....

Have you tried searching for the acapella of the track you want to work on? www.acapellas4u has tons of stuff, you may just find what you are looking for there. Unless of course it's actually part of your college course to eliminate the beats yourself......in which case I'll just shut up and go away.....

This is a brilliant website and also includes a lot of indepth how to tutorials on creating accapellas from tunes. def worth having a look mate.

Im in agreement with the eq'ing =]
Having the same problem with 'Symptomless Coma' samples
Your best to spike the q and find the prominent frequency
You can use cubase standard eq =]

Back
Top Bottom