DnB Ripping CD's - tempo varies throughout the track?

ApeCat

Human Dubplate
VIP Junglist
Trying to mix Fourward - On a Knife Edge for the past few days I'm convinced the tune isn't actually in 176bpm, I load it fom my stick into an FL project set to 176, line up the first beat of the tune with the second beat of the project and notice it seems to actually run a little slower. I adjust the PBM of the project by a few decimals - without restretching any channels or anything - adjust the first beat again and I just can't get it dead on along the whole track.

What the hell is going on?

Is this something that happens when ripping? I'm finding Spor's remix of Bullet Time equally difficult to mix - the tempo at the start seems to go up and down all the time - but I got that off Beatport and haven't touched the file in any way.. Am I just bad at mixing or what?

is there a slight glitch some where in the tune
ive bought a tune before and part way through it fucks up very slightly (its barely noticeable when you listen) but the mix will go to shit

No glitches, and it's not like it suddenly happens at one given point, it's a gradual thing where the whole track just seems to go slower and slower..

Haven't looked as deeply into Bullet Time yet, but it seems to be more of a fluctuating thing with that tune.

Trying to mix Fourward - On a Knife Edge for the past few days I'm convinced the tune isn't actually in 176bpm, I load it fom my stick into an FL project set to 176, line up the first beat of the tune with the second beat of the project and notice it seems to actually run a little slower. I adjust the PBM of the project by a few decimals - without restretching any channels or anything - adjust the first beat again and I just can't get it dead on along the whole track.

What the hell is going on?

Is this something that happens when ripping? I'm finding Spor's remix of Bullet Time equally difficult to mix - the tempo at the start seems to go up and down all the time - but I got that off Beatport and haven't touched the file in any way.. Am I just bad at mixing or what?

That's pretty weird, only thing i could suggest is put a hi hat on every beat and then listen to when that goes out of time ..?

That's sort of what I did with the beats in FL and stuff, I know the guitar thing in the intro isn't exactly on beat, but every first hit in two or four bars or whatever is.. This is really pissing me off, I love these tunes to shreds, but I just can't bring myself to play them since I know I'll fuck them up sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom