RIP Wayne Static

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dark Lizardro, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Who?
    Rip

3. Dark Lizardro

Vocalist of the industrial metal band Static-X.

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

yeah, rip, but his music and image sucked. i dont wish death upon noone these days, in fact i dont actually use the word "wish" at all. i havent said it out loud for over 20 years. its a bit of a compulsion ive got.

see, back in the 90s there was this one cat, out of a studio in stockholm, that created all the britney spears, the boybands, eurodisco trash that topped the charts back then, consider him the pharrell of the 90s basically. his name was deniz pop, leader of the famous cheiron studio, that max martin was a prodigy of, and many others. i wanted him to die sooooooooo bad. and one day, when i was moseying on over to the store, to buy cigarettes for my french paper hashish, the headlines read "deniz pop dead something something cancer" and the joy i felt was... unthinkable. unimaginable. how could it be?? i had wanted him dead so intensely and now this?!!? incredible. anyway im ashamed of that.

this guy from my old job who basically ruined my career and mood in general, i ran into the girl who replaced me by coincidence on the street the other day, and she told me his girl (10 year relationship with him paying all the bills and her studying) left him and he was in total shambles and was talking about moving back to whatever godforsaken shit country he was from, and we were so happy he was feeling down we were damn near dancing in the street, laughing that bubbly laughter that infants do when you entertain them, or they see a train or something.

thats also not ok. that kind of gloating is not ok. that kind of hate is not ok to have in your heart for someone. still though, he can run backwards through a field of dicks, drink cat piss with his eyes and fuck his mother with his forehead. like a birth in reverse. haaaaaaaaaaaa

sorry, again, not cool.

5. Dark Lizardro

To be honest I just know Static X because of their song Skinnyman, which was on the Need for Speed Most Wanted OST. And just because of that song, I believe he deserved a mention.

About your story (this time I read all of it, I promise): It's not cool to wish bad things to other people, but I think we are more than willing to do that on a daily basis. There are two fuckers who I wish were dead now, as they basically destroyed any motivation from me at my work. And now, after 6 years, they are there. At the same spot. Probably laughing. Not dead, you see? Not dead.

6. logikz

they are there? where? there, as in where you wanted to be, six years ago? well they deserve to be dead, that much is true. problem with that is i dont actually know if being dead is going to be better than this what we have going here, or worse?

i know being a white male is sweet. not disparaging other skin colors, just saying im happy to be white, and a guy at that. fuck, i dont need to fight for anything, ive already won the war. but it could be that being dead is even better!

or worse, depending on whats on the other side, really, is what it comes down to. people tend to have very strong opinions on this, but none of them really ever gave it any form of serious thought. people will shout like THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN AFTERLIFE, EVERYONE WHAT THINKS SO IS A FAG THAT BELEIVES IN A PINK SPAGHETTI MONSTER and march right off the cliff without any kind of parachute or bungee cord.
    then you have the religious zealots that beleive word for word in a made up book. neither party gave it any real thought.

i feel like there is something godly, there is something you could call a a a soul and... whatever happens, we, with our human faculties, our human wetware, will never be able to understand it anyway, so the best i can do is you get the afterlife you want when you die. thats as much of it that i can get my head around. oh and there is no such thing as moral relativity without humanity, so there is no such thing as "hell". the only hell i can think of is the one we go through here, on earth, during our lifetimes (samsara), or just dying like your heart stops beating and you fade to black and then body rots in grave, when in fact, there is a heaven and you had the chance to go there, if only you had done a certain so-and-so in your lifetime. being dead as in non existant might not seem too bad, and i agree, its not, but if there actually was a heaven, and you missed it, that would be a kind of hell. even if you wouldnt be able to feel anything of it. if you get me.

7. Dark Lizardro

you see, "heaven" and "hell" are somewhat religious terms that I don't believe. To me what we do here stays here. there's no afterlife. There's no god, there's no devil. you do good deeds here, you'll be remembered for ever. You do bad deeds here, you'll also be remembered. Be a mediocre person, and you still will be remembered.

8. logikz

i agree on all points except the part about the afterllife. have you thought it through or is your only landmark "why would there be?", because, if so, id like to cut this discussion short, as its boring.

basically all the coolest and most interesting things ever said about the spiritual side of life, death, and the part in between, is by Buddhists.
    as it turns out, all the shit ive come up with, thinking, writing, orating, reading about it, debating it with others, like minded or not, listening to older cats tell whats taken them their whole life time to come up with, all the best bits of what ive been able to discern about it, seems to already have been said, and its all by Buddhists.

you read the book of the living and the dead by this Rinpoche fellow? beats castanada and cohelo by such infinite depths its imposssible to even compare.
    maybe you would say that goes without saying as they are very light reading and generally considered charlatans, but i disagree, i think they both offer great insights, in their own way. one more procedural, the other more declarative, but still.

9. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

oh, RIP