RIP Pendulum?

TheNitwits

VIP Junglist
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s3526471.htm

Rob Swire, one half of electronic outfit Knife Party, has told triple j he and fellow bandmate Gareth McGrillen have stopped playing as Pendulum because it stopped being fun.

The duo founded Pendulum in Perth a decade ago but in recent years they've distanced themselves from the drum n bass project. Instead theirfocus is now solely on Knife Party, the bass-heavy outfit that has so far brought you 'Internet Friends' and their new earworm 'Centipede'.

In a chat with Linda Marigliano on triple j this week, Swire spoke about Pendulum only in the past tense.

"The Knife Party thing is going so well we don't really feel like going back to junior school anytime soon," he said.

"I guess we'd been doing Pendulum for ten years and that's a pretty long time to be doing anything I guess. We were still playing tracks like 'Blood Sugar' that we made when we were 18 or 19. To still be doing that 10 years later, it just felt like time to do something else.

I don't know if we've outgrown it because it just evolved into something else in the end. But it was time for something new and the music scene itself had changed. Rock bands are having a pretty hard time at the moment and we weren't a rock band but with Pendulum we had the band format. We just decided that in 2012 it was time to put that down for a bit.

The Knife Party thing is going so well we don't really feel like going back to junior school anytime soon. We're having too much fun with this project. It's also great because Pendulum towards the end sort of felt like we were doing it because we had to and that's never a fun way to do music. Whereas Knife Party is pretty much solely us doing what we want to and if no one likes it we don't care."

"The Knife Party thing is going so well we don't really feel like going back to junior school anytime soon," he said.

I guess they want to increase their pocket money.

How did i never realize/ or hear that pendulum was actually knife party, good for them! Not my kind of music but DJing is much cooler, in general suffers far less idolization

..Not to mention the fact pendulum hasn't put out a decent record since 2005

Most of the Knife Party is just so fucking horrible. The worst thing is, their production is fucking wicked, and most of the tracks have some potential, but then they ruin it with those fucking screeches and "yarh yarh" sounds. Take Bonfire for example, was really feeling that track, but then it dropped into that generic fucking screech. It's so sad, because the build up is sick, and those amens with the "Bo-bo-bonfire"-sample is wicked as well.

Knife Party is a guilty pleasure. Wouldn't dare to say that Pendulum hasn't put out anything worth mentioning since 2005, that's bullshit.

Thats my opinion of-course! Sorry - I didn't like the direction they took after hold your color, In Silico didn't work for me! What did you think of it?

Hmmm Pendulum sound like heavy rock to me anyway rather than DnB, but what do I know I'm just along for the ride!

I agree nothing really after 2005 for me. Ive always liked pendulum its a shame the commercial scene stole them away and to be fair took a fair bit of fan base with them.

"Knife Party is a guilty pleasure", Couldnt of put it better !

[video=youtube_share;TH3t-z1swHU]http://youtu.be/TH3t-z1swHU[/video]

i don't rate either project tbh, but pendulum were tolerable musically so cuntish move to tarnish their name like that. ive heard knife party bits, and its just the type of music that is usually forgotten for good six months after its ukf/youtube upload. no offence to the guys, but i couldnt sum it up any better.

at least ben verse can get back onto producing and el-hornet can call it a day and stop financially raping promoters

Thats my opinion of-course! Sorry - I didn't like the direction they took after hold your color, In Silico didn't work for me! What did you think of it?

Well from the DJ's point of view you're almost right, apart from Ransom and Stay Too Long Remix. But I like to listen to some of their bits, I even dare to play out 9000 Miles, which is probably my favourite tune of theirs.

Most of the Knife Party is just so fucking horrible. The worst thing is, their production is fucking wicked, and most of the tracks have some potential, but then they ruin it with those fucking screeches and "yarh yarh" sounds. Take Bonfire for example, was really feeling that track, but then it dropped into that generic fucking screech. It's so sad, because the build up is sick, and those amens with the "Bo-bo-bonfire"-sample is wicked as well.

Completely agree, I had to walk out of an Andy C set when he dropped "Internet friends". It's just uncomfortable to listen to.

Glad they've put Pendulum to rest, at least we can just look back on the good stuff now!

Now where's that vault 12"??

oh-no-spiderman-divided-by-number-of-fucks.jpg

not a great fan of pendulum or knife party, but they definately know what theyre doing. a simply brilliant idea to include the theme of facebook in 'internet friends'. got them loads of attention cause everyones like: OMG DUBSTEP FACEBOOK SONG <3!

Back
Top Bottom