Right Phono cable broken on my 1210..

This is seriously annoying, I got a second hand Technic 1210 at a good price, now I know why, the right cable just broke on me, halfway through Heavyweight it went out, and its definitley not my speakers or amp. It's the turntable.. Whats the options? Can I replace them? Fix them? Maybe even split the remaining one into 2 signals or would that be dodgy? Please, someone help. Thanks.

Gr1pz

Aka - Align.
VIP Junglist
if you know how to solder its a easy fix. theres plenty of tutorial vids on youtube to help you in the process aswell.

Hmm Solder, dont have a clue.. I mean, I know what it is but fuck..
EDIT: Wtf, now its working again.. this is seriously messed up, probably a loose connection.. I hope it was a one off.. doubt it though. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

muzzadj

POW!
VIP Junglist
If it's off and on then would deffinatly get it sorted mate, if you really don't want to solder it (i know i wouldnt im useless at stuff like that) then you can get them repaired, but of course that means money!

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
right ive got the exact same problem and am shit with soldering. i reckon i would do more damage than fix anything. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gloxxy

I SNORT COAL
VIP Junglist
This has happened to both of my 1210s after 14 years of getting battered. I'm going to buy a couple of phono leads and a couple of pitch faders while I'm at it and fix it myself.