Rifine's Ticky Ticky DnB Mix - Rockwell, Hybris, Alix Perez, Noisia, Sabre

The Watcha

VIP Junglist

No, not all Ronwell tunes. But anything ticky ticky, glitchy or clicky. Some of the tunes may not be the conventional full on glitchy style that is evident in tunes like Stay Calm or The Rain, but there is at least a little in every tune in the tracklist in my opinion. So if ticky ticky is your thing, I hope you enjoy the ride!

Tracklist:-

Noisia & Hybris - Crystalline (Invisible Recordings)
Amoss - Create More (Cyclone Recordings)
>> Spinline - Life (Demand) <<
Rockwell - Stay Calm (Critical Records)
Phace & Noisia - Micro Organism (Neosignal Recordings)
Stray - The Pursuit (Warm Communications)
Dj Food - Dark Lady (Alix Perez rmx) (Ninja Tune)
Subwave - First Time (Metalheadz)
Synkro & Indigo - Reflection (Exit Records)
Rockwell - Shards (Renegade Hardware)
Lomax - Too Real (Soul:R)
Sub Zero - Protection (Playaz)
ASC & Consequence - From A Distance (Exit Records)
Sunchase - Breakpoint (Drone Audio)
Alix Perez & Sabre - Hemlines (Shogun Audio)
Xtrah - Arise (Subtitles)
Hybris - The Cleaner (Modulations)
LSB - Beep (Demand)
Rockwell - The Rain (Shogun Audio)
Clarity - Dreams Within Dreams (Nu Directions)
Data - Solitude (Blackout Music)
Commix - Japanese Electronics (Instramental rmx) (Metalheadz)
Sabre - The Intrepid (Critical Records)

alternative download link - > http://dnbshare.com/download/Rifine_Ticky_Ticky_DnB_Mix_December_2013.mp3.html

woah, i listened to this after fabric.. really enjoyed it.. will have to listen again before coming back with thoughts as i was a bit wavey to say the least

yeah fantastic mix! we need more artists making sick music like this! i mainly got into DnB listening to Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Venetian Snares and the like and had been feeling like there wasn't a place anymore for that complex IDM aesthetic in DnB.

Glad i was wrong! :D

yes!! All about that organic popping techyness, this is exactly what i look for in dnb

You know HB92! Let me know what you thought

woah, i listened to this after fabric.. really enjoyed it.. will have to listen again before coming back with thoughts as i was a bit wavey to say the least

Thanks Dan! Yeh, I know that feeling

yeah fantastic mix! we need more artists making sick music like this! i mainly got into DnB listening to Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Venetian Snares and the like and had been feeling like there wasn't a place anymore for that complex IDM aesthetic in DnB.

Glad i was wrong! :D

Cheers Apoplexia! We sure do!

till first time it's absolutely danger danger! after that i kinda feel it's not pacey enough to keep me interested, obviously all was mixed very well as per usual.

but damn, those first like 15 mins are absolutely flith and proper dark ticky ticky, wish the mix stayed that dark all the way through, would probably be the best mix i ever listened to :O

till first time it's absolutely danger danger! after that i kinda feel it's not pacey enough to keep me interested, obviously all was mixed very well as per usual.

but damn, those first like 15 mins are absolutely flith and proper dark ticky ticky, wish the mix stayed that dark all the way through, would probably be the best mix i ever listened to :O

Thanks for listening and the compliments Wingz! Sorry the whole thing wasn't to your taste, but would have thought it would keep alot of people interested. Wanted to take the listener on a journey, so it does go a different couple of directions in parts. I didn't want it to be jam pack with Rockwell & Hybris tunes too, and only have a certain selection to choose from, having not made the switch to digital yet. Different horse's for different courses ehy.

Also thought you would have liked the mix out of First Time. Plus, quite a tall compliment to close with, which I appreciate, but I don't think its up there with some mixes I have heard.

Note to self:- Must try make ticky ticky part 2 filthy, with dark ticky ticky tunes all the way through :)

reaching for this mix

Like this? :sick:

intro with crystalline - instadownload

Sound. Let me know your thoughts Danny & FH

Too many quality looking mixes about these days. no speakers or headphones at the moment though so im at a standstill with them. Will listen and jot some thoughts as soon as i can mate!

really liked this mix, mixing and selection was on point, loads of tunes from this mix I have never heard before and will definitely be grabbing now. Introduced me to the tickier side of drum and bass, Big up on this mix mate

Too many quality looking mixes about these days. no speakers or headphones at the moment though so im at a standstill with them. Will listen and jot some thoughts as soon as i can mate!

Sound. Let me know what you thought man

fair play, many gems are digital only nowadays

Too true. Already started gathering tunes for Part 2 ;)

really liked this mix, mixing and selection was on point, loads of tunes from this mix I have never heard before and will definitely be grabbing now. Introduced me to the tickier side of drum and bass, Big up on this mix mate

Thanks Danny! :) glad you liked it

Yes - downloading will leave some thoughts soon for you pal.

Hope you had a good new years and all the jazz.

Sound Stu! Would like to know what you thought, fav blends ect. Some parts have been mentioned, but no favourite blends.

New Year was cool thanks. Went back to my roots and went to a jump up rave :) How was New Years for you? Did you go to that Critical night?

Happy birthday mate, have a good'un!

Second or third time listening now, so ready to write some thoughts down;

>> Spinline - Life (Demand) <<
Rockwell - Stay Calm (Critical Records)
Phace & Noisia - Micro Organism (Neosignal Recordings)
Stray - The Pursuit (Warm Communications)

All of these go so well together, great selection, and definitely doing the ticky ticky brand justice. Shards is a wicked track, heard it before but never ID'd it. Rockwell's 2010ish output was incredible, all of it pretty 'ticky ticky'. Its a real shame its not like that anymore.

Alix Perez & Sabre - Hemlines (Shogun Audio)
Xtrah - Arise (Subtitles)

These two go really well - the techyness of Arise with the melodies of Hemlines fit perfectly. Cleaner rolls out nicely on top of Arise as well.
The Rain comes in soooo nicely with Beep, and rolls out perfectly. Perhaps the highlight blend for me. And i always like to hear some Instra:mental in a mix.

Big ups man, another wicked mix that I will continue listening too!

Sorry for the gappy review but listening at the same time as doing other things at the moment!

listened to this the other week, never commented or fed back, my bad, really enjoyed the intro, as others have said nice and ticky.
I felt overall it was more deep and soulful almost rather than fully ticky, but thats no bad thing. too much ticky would have got boring imo.

good shit as ever man

Back
Top Bottom