Rifine - Wait A Second (Ulterior Motive, Loxy, Jubei, Overlook, Break) 100% Vinyl

The Watcha

VIP Junglist

Long overdue, but here's part 2 of the record label series. Using only the second release in a record label's history (or that have 002 as their catalogue number, or LP’s, or if they restarted etc). Also tried to make the tracklist as varied as possible, limiting each entrant / artist / collective to 1 tune each, 1 tune a label (eg: not 2 tune s off the second Invisible ep) but sister labels count as different labels. Hope you enjoy it if you have a listen! :)

Tracklist:

Koto –Endgame (Alpha Cutauri 002)
ASC – Metronomic (Auxiliary 002)
Kid Drama – Kill Time (Pleausre District 002)
Mr L – Turn Up The Bass (Mr L Records 002)
Reza & Gremlinz – Thaw (31 Recordings 002)
DAAT – Fridge (Detuned Transmittion 002)
Ruffhouse – The Foot (Loxy & Resound rmx) (UVB 76 Music 002)
Sam Binga & Om Unit – Windmill Kick (Bunit 002)
Amit – I’ll Cut You Down (AMAR 002)
The Untouchables – Scars (Samurai Music SMG 002)
DBR UK – Fortress vip (Dispatch Limited 002)
Ulterior Motive – Yogurt Brainwave (Subtitles UK 002)
--- Deft – For Sudden (20 / 20 LDN 002)---
Dabs & Safire – Hideout (Avantgarde Recordings 002)
Matrix – Temperament (Virus 002 LP)
dBridge & Calibre – Ponderosa (Exit Records LP 002)
Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint (Invisible 002)
Vicious Circle – Cerberus (Renegade Hareware HWARE 002)
Fre4knc – Rotor (Critical:Systems 002)
Jubei – The Path (Ingredients 002)
Overlook - Lusca (Inception Audio 002)
Homemade Weapons & Red Army – Warpaint (Weaponry 002)
Skeptical – Process Of Elimination (Dispatch LP 002)
Fierce & Cause 4 Concern – Carrier (Quarantine 002)
Raiden – Amnesia Haze (Voodoo Music 002)
Break & Nico – Salvage (Symmetry LP 002)

alternative download link ->https://dnbshare.com/download/Rifine_-_Wait_A_Second.mp3.html

Yes mate saw this on fb and gave it a whirl

Selection on point, some classics in there like Temperament which was a real treat.

Big ups Mark (y)

Thanks for the kind words Stu! :)

Yeah tried to keep the journey thing going with this series with a few classics for good measure. I have plans to do another 3 at least along the same lines, so hopefully you'll stay locked for those. Nice one for checking!!

Fancy a slice @Vydx and @William Stutter ? I think you may have clocked the first one when it dropped

think i said it before but i like the concept. must be a challenge but also fun to do.
the buildup makes sense to me and it was a treat to listen to some old tunes i own myself but haven't heard for a long time now.

the part i enjoyed the most:

Reza & Gremlinz – Thaw (31 Recordings 002)
DAAT – Fridge (Detuned Transmittion 002)
Ruffhouse – The Foot (Loxy & Resound rmx) (UVB 76 Music 002)
Sam Binga & Om Unit – Windmill Kick (Bunit 002)
Amit – I’ll Cut You Down (AMAR 002)
The Untouchables – Scars (Samurai Music SMG 002)
DBR UK – Fortress vip (Dispatch Limited 002)
Ulterior Motive – Yogurt Brainwave (Subtitles UK 002)

and "the path" might be my fav tune in this set. or maybe "lusca" (brutal one).
but one thing i've noticed is that many tracks sound "wonky" when it comes to their higher tones ? it's strange since the beat is constantly stable, but just listen to minute 5:24 or the vocals in "i'll cut you down" (just to give two examples) and you might see what i mean. guess it's a recording thing ?

but apart from that it's a very nicely done mix based on a creative idea and i'm looking forward to the next part. (y)

think i said it before but i like the concept. must be a challenge but also fun to do.
the buildup makes sense to me and it was a treat to listen to some old tunes i own myself but haven't heard for a long time now.

the part i enjoyed the most:

and "the path" might be my fav tune in this set. or maybe "lusca" (brutal one).
but one thing i've noticed is that many tracks sound "wonky" when it comes to their higher tones ? it's strange since the beat is constantly stable, but just listen to minute 5:24 or the vocals in "i'll cut you down" (just to give two examples) and you might see what i mean. guess it's a recording thing ?

but apart from that it's a very nicely done mix based on a creative idea and i'm looking forward to the next part. (y)

Thanks for checking Will and for pointing out that section you liked! :2thumbs:

Yeah I've notice that in a couple of other areas but doesn't sound as noticeable where you say. Only thing I can think it might be is where I shipped my turntables to Canada and the motor has swung around a fair bit in transit. It's not overly noticeable to me (only on the just melody sections occasionally) but if it becomes more prevalent, I'll have to get them serviced.

Nice one for checking again, and I'll link you up when the next part is out! :)

Have you had a listen yet @Vydx ? Or anyone else want a slice?

Checked this mix twice now and its banging! Big moment when you introduced DAAT - Fridge into Thaw. Loved hearing some old bits I haven't heard in a while. Also can't believe I've never heard Salvage what a cruncher that is.

Have to agree with William about the pitch-bending wonkiness on the highs (can hear it clearly on Scars and Warpaint), not sure but sounds like an issue with one of your turntables. Despite the technical problems still an enjoyable mix.

Checked this mix twice now and its banging! Big moment when you introduced DAAT - Fridge into Thaw. Loved hearing some old bits I haven't heard in a while. Also can't believe I've never heard Salvage what a cruncher that is.

Have to agree with William about the pitch-bending wonkiness on the highs (can hear it clearly on Scars and Warpaint), not sure but sounds like an issue with one of your turntables. Despite the technical problems still an enjoyable mix.

Thanks for your kind words man and the blends you pointed out! I bunged in Fridge at the last minute when I was reminded of it a couple of days before recording. And that Salvage tune is weighty. dBridge finished a set when he played where I used to live years back

I hear ya, as with Will on the occasional high end bit, but for me and a few others, you really have to be listening out for it to really notice it on the autonomic / ambient bits. Some haven't noticed it and I'll get it sorted one day, but it doesn't distract from mixes when it's rolling, deep or dark, so if it becomes more of a problem, I'll look into it more and get them serviced

Back
Top Bottom