Rifine S Files DnB Mix- Sabre, Spor, Spinline, Skeptical, SPY, Stray - 100% vinyl

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by The Watcha, May 25, 2013.

1. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

When constructing the alphabetical mix the other month, it was evident that a fair few producers, a duo & a trio start with the letter S, so I decided to make a mix completely of those artists. The mix goes a few directions as I wanted to include as many different artists as possible whilst on the journey. Its not perfect, as I am still getting used to my new mixer, but I hope the mixing has improved since my last couple of mixes. Hope you like it!

Tracklist:-

Sabre - Penny Black (Revolution)
    Spor - Do Not Shake (Shogun Audio)
    Spectrasoul - Wedgehead (Critical)
    Stakka & Skyner - Decoy (Underfire)
    Survival - Point Five (Revolution)
    Spinline - Run (Ram)
    Sato - Clap Ya Hands (Symmetry)
    Siren - Squadron (Siren Records)
    Skream - Motorway (Exit Recordings)
    Sunchase - Varka (Xtinction Agenda)
    Silent Witness - Twin Town (Critical)
    Subwave - I Need You (Hospital)
    Skeptical - Process Of Elimination (Dispatch)
    Shimah - Electrostep (Playaz)
    Spirit - All I Need (Inneractive Music)
    SPY - Xenomorph (Metalheadz)
    Stray - Contract (Blu Mar Ten)
    Seba - Distance (Metalheadz Platinum)
    Serum - Go For Yours (Liquid V)
    Subfocus - Hotline (Frequency)
    Sensa - Don't Forget (Audio Danger)
    ST Files - Weight Down (Dispatch)
    Sub Zero - Broken Me (Playaz)
    >> System - Observation Point (Exit Recordings) <<

Alternative download link - http://dnbshare.com/download/Rifine_S_Files_DnB_Mix_May_2013.mp3.html

bn14 likes this.
  2. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Almost at the end. Really clean mix this, and every transition seems to be well thought out. Didn't hear anything that clashed at all, so top selection! Really enjoyed hearing Spinline - Run for the first time in a long time, and also helped me ID the track as I didn't actually know what it was. Enjoyed the old school section too, not an area I've done a whole lot of digging in, so definitely some first time listens in there for me. Massively anticipating the mix with Observation Point as I've been rinsing it recently, such a build up on it.

EDIT: Just clocked that its vinyl only too, so even bigger props!

The Watcha likes this.
  3. djnibz

djnibz Member

Going to give this a d/l for tommorows listening!

4. The Watcha

Nice one for listening & the comments man! :)
    Glad you thoughts so. Took a little while to arrange the artist so that the ride flowed.

Run is a beast of a tune, but its finding something that goes well with it I find.
    Pleased I could ID that one for you + I got to start playing Observation Point a bit more. Ez

Sound. Let me know what you thought when you've had a listen Nibz

5. djnibz

djnibz Member

Listened to this yesterday lots of tunes I haven't heard before so was a good listen. Fav part was:

Survival - Point Five (Revolution)
    Spinline - Run (Ram)
    Sato - Clap Ya Hands (Symmetry)
    Siren - Squadron (Siren Records)

Mixing was on point, throughout. Some banging tunes in there gonna give another spin to id a few tracks, big up!

The Watcha likes this.
  6. The Watcha

Thanks for listening Nibz! Its wicked making others aware of tunes that they might not know the name of, or have heard before.
    Pretty pleased with how all the transitions turned out. Actually found this mix more of a challenge than the Alphabetical mix.

7. bn14

bn14 Well-Known Member

What nibz said basically. Always enjoy your mixes. (y)

The Watcha likes this.
  8. Norwax

Norwax Well-Known Member

Yes! Once again, love the ideas you're having for your mixes! :)

Will listen to this mate :)

9. The Watcha

:) Thanks man! Thats a really nice comment.

Cheers Norwax! I try to do something different occasionally.
    Let me know what you think when you've had a listen

10. nelsonr

nelsonr Member

will give this a spin today! few tracks in here i havnt heard before :)

11. Norwax

Norwax Well-Known Member

Yes yes mate! Woke up and got this shit bombing in my room!

First of all, thanks for that "Penny Black" tune, had no idea about his existance and it's incredible! That bass in the intro was enough to wake the fuck up out of me, but it got better when Do Not Shake came in, sweet mix for the intro! Wedgehead sounds so nice with Do Not Shake, that crack bass of Do Not Shake in the background of Wedgehead was just awesome. Another one I had no idea about, Decoy! What a tune, old school vibes with that "wobwob" bass making it groovy as fuck, again with Wedghead bass behind, wicked mix. Love when people use songs I don't listen for a while, just like Point Five and Run. Makes me want to go and buy all of them, but my wallet won't let me at the moment since there's a lot of stuff coming on the next few days. Oh well :teeth:
    First time I hear Clap Ya Hands on a mix, it's bassline mixed with all those Run's drums created a whole new tune, loved it. Good to see Squadron on a mix also, since everytime I listen to it it is Jubei's remix. Not that I don't like it, but I just prefer the original, so thumbs up on this :)
    Squadron >> Motorway, one of my favourite mixes!!! Squadron's bouncy bass in the background of Motorway was just incredible, good job on this one! Varka came in nicely, then Motorway fades away and lets that wicked Varka's drums rolling until Twin Town drops (another one I liked to hear, since it's been a while since the last time) making them sound really good. Loved the way you let Twin Town fade away to I Need You synths and letting it drop by itself (guess that's what I'm missing on my mixes, I keep double dropping after double dropping), and then bringing Process Of Elimination wich is one of my favourite Skeptical tunes! Electrostep is one of those tunes that I like to mix with anything, pretty much all the mixes I listen to fit nicely, and the one you did was no exception. Spirit - All I Need!!! Bassline got my room shaking like crazy, had to turn down the volume a little bit on this one, wasn't expecting it and it just exploded, and the same happened in Xenomorph, that "woob, woob" sounded incredibly good with All I Need's bassline! Contract's drums + Xenomorph's bass = fuck off, enough said. Loved the way you mixed Distance into Contract! Contract drums playing and that rising bass of Distance coming up until Contract goes off and lets it rool, wicked! Go For Yours, REWIND THAT SHIT WATCHA! :rambo:
    Calming down before Go For Yours, and then Hotline bringing back the madness, then Don't Forget making me want to rewind that again! Probably my favourite mix :)
    Weight Down brought a smoother vibe again as you approach the end of the mix, Broken Me made me think that it was the last one but Broken Me came in to close it well!

Never wrote a feedback like this, and probably would never do it if it wasn't you doing on my mixes. I felt like I shoud give it a try, and since you always give me some great feedback, you should be the one getting it.

Kind of enjoyed writing this as I listened to the mix, will try to do the same on the next one!

Cheers Watcha :)

The Watcha likes this.
  12. The Watcha

Now thats what I call some feedback! Nicely done Norwax & thanks for having a listen!
    Like to make others aware of tunes if I can + some that don't get the limelight they deserve. Penny Black has to be arguably my fav Sabre tune + the same with Survival - Point Five & they are both on the same EP.... thanks very much :) Decoy is quality, but gets overlooked for Biosfear on the flip I would say.

Nice one for mentioning Squadron - Motorway, as that was one of my favourite mixes in there :) Its good to break up the flow of a mix, by letting things drop on their own. It lets tunes breathe. Maybe try it a little. Yeh, Process Of Elimination is a fav Skeptical tune of mine too. Going to have to put that back in the box ;) A smidge loud on All I Need when that came in, I agree. Also glad you liked the Xenomorph - Contract - Distance - Go For Yours string with the highlights you mentioned. Tried to get the most from choosing those to go together where they are in the TL & was pleased how that turned out.

Sound for the intense feedback man! Its cool to get some in depth words back & glad that a couple of times you had to rewind the mix :D What was the EQ-ing like? Hoped that element had improved a bit since the Alphabetical mix

13. Danny_Intro

Danny_Intro Well-Known Member

gave this the once other yesterday , really enjoyed it - thought the concept behind the mix was interesting
    I never pick out tunes then play them, I always tend to go with the flow, but something I may try out in there near future..

The intro was firing, great opener, switched into Spor was nice as the breakdown then didnt hit till later, with Wedgehead pricking the ears as Iv not heard that for awhile then Decoy ! Yeah boi !! a personal favourite just didnt feel the mix was strong enough and Decoy lacked on EQing once Wedgehead went, but you did say about the new mixer so Itll be that..
    Next mix was tidy getting the old skool techy feel now, then Run comes on and works well with the subs, didnt know that tune, instant bag !
    then that whole section up to about Varka was killer
    Loved the Process Of Elimination >> Electrostep mix, that was the best on there for sure, bit of contrast of the two and I love that
    from there I really felt you got into the mix, rolling !
    Defo buying Dont Forget, love bass tracks like that.... brought the mix down a peg at the end which i was always like.. 7/10 from me man

14. The Watcha

Thanks for listening and your kind words Danny! I like to do something different every now and again + try to get the mix to go on a journey or tell a story if I can.
    I think I read that Commix tried to take their Fabric cd mix on a journey, liked the concept & potentially tried it in some mixes.

Thought the mix with Wedgehead when Decoy comes in could have been a little strong when listening in the car, but yeah, still fiddling round with the EQ's over recent weeks trying to improve that side of things. Really liked the section from around Run too. Nice on for mentioning that. Its a fav Spinline tune of mine that hardly gets played, as mentioned in comments previously, its finding something that compliments it. Plus the Motorway - Varka mix had to be my favourite in there. Process Of Ellimination - Electrostep came together nicely & especially wanted to include that Shimah tune in there. Wicked producer. Plus really like that Don't Forget tune as well. Sensa branching out a little from his jump up roots, before Hybrid Minds, whilst still keeping those snappy drums & punchy bass.

Pleased I could make you aware of Run & Don't Forget too. Ez

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  15. The Watcha

16. The Watcha

Week 3 bump.

Anyone else have a listen and want to leave some feedback? Tam, Danwell, FG, Sicx, C Tee, Hanover Music, Cordenator, Renfer (nelsonr), Skwiffer, 20K, Works, Joe Walsh, Lovely, Elwood, Smickus, Tewky1 ?

17. skwiffer

skwiffer Active Member

Yes mate. Just downloaded this. Not listened to a members mix in a bit so am looking forward to this. Looks big :)

18. The Watcha

Week 4 bump

Tam, Danwell, FG, Sicx, C Tee, Hanover Music, Cordenator, Renfer (nelsonr), Skwiffer, 20K, Works, Joe Walsh, Lovely, Elwood, Smickus, Tewky1 any feedback?

19. The Watcha

Week 5 bump

HAB, Jwood, Tam, Danwell, FG, Sicx, C Tee, Hanover Music, Cordenator, Renfer (nelsonr), Skwiffer, 20K, Works, Joe Walsh, Lovely, Elwood, Smickus, Tewky1 any feedback? Or has this fallen on deaf ears

20. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

ahh didn't see this, will listen now matey (y)