Rifine DnB Names Mix - Alix Perez, Halogenix, Sabre, Rockwell - 100% vinyl

The Watcha

VIP Junglist

More limited selection business, this time with peoples names in the title of the tune. Even though some names are hidden in other words, it kinda works. Tried to make the tracklist sequence 'girl-boy-girl-boy' ect just to spice it up a little more too. And I know there are more obvious tunes like Emma's Dilemma, Fakin Jacks, Reece and Fat Albert, but I haven't made the digital switch and just went with what sprung to mind.

Tracklist

Rockwell - Aria (Critical)
Nitri - Against Our Will (Horizons X)
Halogenix - Laika (Dispatch)
Alix Perez - Behind Time (Shogun Audio)
Culture Shock - Cathedral (Ram Records)
Icicle & Nymfo - Franky Mountain (Ram Records)
Alix Perez - Melanie (Shogun Audio)
ST Files - Eric Bristow (Exit Recordings)
Sabre, Stray & Halogenix - St Clair (Critical)
Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Marka (Exit Recordings)
Sabre & Survival - Omega King (Revolution Records)

alternative download - http://dnbshare.com/download/Rifine_DnB_Names_Mix.mp3.html

Could have had:

Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Fallen Angel
Dom And Roland - Terminate
Chase & Status - No Problem

Looks good though gonna give this a spin as usual Marcus..

Really nice flow so far. You mix rollers really well. I'm kind of lost on the tracklist. I don't know some of these tunes. There's a Phantom Audio/Total Science inspired roller in the middle I'm really liking. Anyway, when you switch to digital, there's a bad habit you might get into that I have. When you can see the waveform, it kind of makes your transitions robotic. I really need to break that habit. Watch out for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Could have had:

Mina? :boobies:

- - - Updated - - -

That St Clair > Marka mix is sick. Marka goes well with everything. Why don't I own St Clair?

Could have had:

Cheers man! Yeah, there are plenty out there, but went with what I had.
Who's Mina? lol

I'm liking these new themes. Pretty funny. On it.

Yeah, its a bit of fun

Really nice flow so far. You mix rollers really well. I'm kind of lost on the tracklist. I don't know some of these tunes. There's a Phantom Audio/Total Science inspired roller in the middle I'm really liking. Anyway, when you switch to digital, there's a bad habit you might get into that I have. When you can see the waveform, it kind of makes your transitions robotic. I really need to break that habit. Watch out for it.

That St Clair > Marka mix is sick. Marka goes well with everything. Why don't I own St Clair?

Thanks A1. Glad you like it and picked up on St Clair - Marka mix. That was one of the nice mixes in there that was kind of surprising. I like thinking outside the box sometimes you know and sometimes tunes just sit right with others.
I hear you on the 'robotic transitions' thing. Felt like its become a habit and need to spice up bringing tunes in in different places, more double drops and teases, but its getting there. Just no teases in this one :) Something outside my comfort zone coming next month ;)

Really enjoyed this one. That Laika/Behind Time mix is stunning. The tunes work so well together and I don't think anyone could've EQed that any better.

really enjoyed this mix, interesting idea for track list, selection and transitions were on point as usual. The whole mix flowed through really nicely and eqing pretty much flawless, favourite part had to be Halogenix - Laika > Alix Perez - Behind Time > Culture Shock - Cathedral > Icicle & Nymfo - Franky Mountain, all tunes work well together and I liked the way you flowed these tunes together. Also liked the ST Clair and Marka mix, I have both these on vinyl but never thought to do that mix. Haven't heard Sabre & Survival - Omega King before, big tune will definitely have to hunt that one down, big up on this mix mate will definitely be checking your next mix

really enjoyed this mix, interesting idea for track list, selection and transitions were on point as usual. The whole mix flowed through really nicely and eqing pretty much flawless, favourite part had to be Halogenix - Laika > Alix Perez - Behind Time > Culture Shock - Cathedral > Icicle & Nymfo - Franky Mountain, all tunes work well together and I liked the way you flowed these tunes together. Also liked the ST Clair and Marka mix, I have both these on vinyl but never thought to do that mix. Haven't heard Sabre & Survival - Omega King before, big tune will definitely have to hunt that one down, big up on this mix mate will definitely be checking your next mix

Cheers Danny! Pleased you enjoyed it :)
Nice one for mentioning the Halogenix - Laika > Alix Perez - Behind Time > Culture Shock - Cathedral > Icicle & Nymfo - Franky Mountain string along with ST Clair and Marka too. I enjoyed mixing those bits + hadn't thought of mixing St Clair - Marka till I gave the theme a whirl and it kinda stood out as a blend that I was really proud of.

The majority of that Omega King EP is wicked. Mainly play Point Five and Penny Black more, but one of the reasons behind making these limited selection mixes is that it makes you reach for tunes that you might not normally mix or have preference of mixing, and would otherwise just sit in the stack.

Next months mix will definitely be in a different vein of dnb :D

Great idea as always Mark. Just giving this a whirl and as always technically very good pal.

Really tight mixing, I particularly liked the opening mix

Thanks for the compliments guy's (y) you know how I roll :)
Yeh, Aria - Against Our Will came together quite well

Anyone else want a slice of this? / Want to leave some words?

Last edited:
Have to say wicked to see someone play Omega King again...battered it so much my copy of that EP is virtually unplayable.

2 hour mix next from you? :D

Have to say wicked to see someone play Omega King again...battered it so much my copy of that EP is virtually unplayable.

2 hour mix next from you? :D

Omega King is actually my 3rd favourite off that EP. Prefer that Point Five tune & Penny Black more.

Haven't thought of doing a 2 hour mix. I'm usually done after an hour :) but might be something for the future.
Might be guessing till the cows come home about whats up next :D

Back
Top Bottom