Rifine Beats & Bass Numbers - Scuba, Om Unit, Ruffhouse, Skeptical - 100% vinyl

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
I'm back! A new day / week / month / year to get back on it, but here we go!

A little over 4 years ago I did a numerical dnb mix, so this year I thought I would go back in on the idea, taking the idea on a different direction & setting things up for the Beats & Bass series that returns soon. As per the original mix, the placement number needs to appear in the tune title somewhere, going from 0 to 11 and back down again. I have tried to include as many minimal dnb artists in the mix as possible. Theres a couple of lil smudges in there, but hope you enjoy it!

Tracklist:-

Elemental – Zero Point Energy (Alpha Cuturai)
Distance - 1 Regret (Autonomic)
Scuba - In 2 (Exit Records)
Ruffhouse - Division III (Ingredients)
Abstract Elements - Fourth Dimension (Auxiliary)
Last Life – 85.15 (Cylon)
Material – 16 Tonnes Dub (Alphacut)
Addison Groove & Die – 167 Blast (50 Weapons)
Diphasic – Eight Times (Alphacut)
Beastie Respond – UL90 (Teal Records)
Om Unit & Sam Binga – 1000 Cats (Bunit)
Homemade Weapons & Gremlinz – 11th Hour (Samurai Music)
Danny Scrilla - X (Cosmic Bridge)
Alix Perez - 1984 (Shogun Audio)
dBridge – Module Eight (Pleasure District)
Raiden & Khanage - 8798 (Voodoo Music)
Kid Drama – One 6 Eight (Exit Records) /
Dub Phizix – Happy 5 (Exit Records)
SB81 – Four Ton (170 Edit) (MethXX)
Skeptical - Block 305 (Ingredients)
Machinedrum – Don’t 1 2 Lose U (Ninja Tune)
J Kenzo – One Drop (Exit Records)

Alternative download link -> https://dnbshare.com/download/Rifine_Beats_n_Bass_Numbers.mp3.html

Yes, had a listen the other day, top quality. My favourite section has to have been:

Kid Drama – One 6 Eight (Exit Records)

1984 into Module Eight works splendid, and the two tunes after that, boy. Both such unsettling tunes.

Look forward to more and congrats dude

Yes, had a listen the other day, top quality. My favourite section has to have been:

Kid Drama – One 6 Eight (Exit Records)

1984 into Module Eight works splendid, and the two tunes after that, boy. Both such unsettling tunes.

Look forward to more and congrats dude

Thanks for your thoughts and kind words mate! :) I really liked that section too, 1984 to Module Eight mainly.
Working on the next one!

will drop some thoughts on your mix got half way through a couple of times and got distracted I need a good hour and some time to give it the proper feedback it deserves.

Big ups

not yet. will have a proper listen by end of the week.

Nice..... @Agent Smith @William Stutter @Teddy any thoughts / listened all the way through yet?

@Sicx @beknoxx @Vanden @Afek_One @Jwood27 @jsmith89 any of you checked / want to listen?

Also might be your cup of tea @Britz @dizzledee :)

I have indeed got some thoughts

Needed a few listens of this to understand the transitions in places as I really am not familiar with a lot of these tunes. Think I've said it before but that's a huge draw to a lot of these style mixes for me, almost the unknown!

A couple of sections or mixes I digged.

Scuba - In 2 > Ruffhouse - Division III > Abstract Elements - 4th Dimension

This is just some serious eery creepy mood you have created here. The way 4th Dimension just changes the direction is so cool as well. Mixing isn't just all doubles and split mixes 100 miles an hour. Variety is definitely the spice of life.

Section around X and 1984 was good. I know that Homemade Weapons tune before X as well hopefully got a few like that in my next mix.

Big ups man this was a thoroughly enjoyable listen.
How are you recording your vinyl mixes nowadays? Basic Soundcard > Laptop?

I have indeed got some thoughts

Needed a few listens of this to understand the transitions in places as I really am not familiar with a lot of these tunes. Think I've said it before but that's a huge draw to a lot of these style mixes for me, almost the unknown!

A couple of sections or mixes I digged.

Scuba - In 2 > Ruffhouse - Division III > Abstract Elements - 4th Dimension

This is just some serious eery creepy mood you have created here. The way 4th Dimension just changes the direction is so cool as well. Mixing isn't just all doubles and split mixes 100 miles an hour. Variety is definitely the spice of life.

Section around X and 1984 was good. I know that Homemade Weapons tune before X as well hopefully got a few like that in my next mix.

Big ups man this was a thoroughly enjoyable listen.
How are you recording your vinyl mixes nowadays? Basic Soundcard > Laptop?

Firstly thanks for taking the time to write some thoughts and kind words Stu! :)
I felt a bit like that with your latest mix, bar a couple of tune that I knew / had heard of, but it makes for interesting listening - unknown tunes, but if you know the artist/s it should all be good.

Thanks for picking up on that section from the third tune in! I wanted to set the scene, then take the ride on a different direction / few different directions in this mix + with the 'beats' side of dnb being even more prevalent in the last few years, I wanted the "Into the future" vocal on In2 to hint at this. And I know you've mentioned in the past that its nice when the music itself does the talking.

The section around X was a pain to be honest, as I was struggling to get some of the placement tunes to sit right in the mix. I like to think it flowed as best it could around there. Definitely interested to here what you've got planned for your next mix as you've wet my appetite with a comment like that! :)

Yeah, just hardwired from the mixer into the laptop. No converter box or anything, and I use Goldwave as the recording program as I've had problems with Audacity in the past

Back
Top Bottom