Rifine Beats & Bass 7 -Skeptical, Dub Phizix, Genotype, Ruffhouse, Addison Groove

The Watcha

VIP Junglist

The last Beats & Bass of the year goes a bit darker before a treat from me around Christmas time. More new faces to the series are apparent in this episode, keeping the tunes true to the ethos of B&B while familiar faces in the minimal side of dnb hold things together and ending on personal gem I found :) Not a perfect mix, as there were some challenging blends in there, but did the best I could. Hope you like this one! B&B will return in the summer.

Tracklist:-

Genotype - Financial War - The Red Storm (Samurai Music)
Addison Groove & Sam Binga - Rzor (50 Weapons)
Rockwell - *)* [808] (Exit Recordings)
Ruffhouse - Greyscale (Exit Recordings)
Ena - Dipteran (Samurai Horo)
Chimpo, Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Buzzin (Soul:R)
Ruffhouse & Clarity - Aphasia (Modulations)
Die - 1000 Soul Songs (Addison Groove rmx) (Gutterfunk)
Dub Phizix - Yukon (Exit Recordings)
Xtrah & Break - Always New (Symmetry)
Reza & Gremlinz - Thaw (31 Records)
Dub Phizix & Skeptical - Half Man (Samurai Music)
Sam KDC - Erosion (Samurai Horo)
Skeptical - Eyes Down (Exit Recordings)
Nitri - Musica (Horizons)
Clarity - Constant (Exit Recordings)
Loxy & Resound - League Of Shadows (Samurai Music)
Calibre & Chimpo - Start Again (Signature)
Genotype - The Director (Ingredients)
Fre4knc - Marching Cube (Absys)
ASC - Equinoxe (Samurai Horo)
Romare - Down The Line (Black Acre)

alternative download link - http://dnbshare.com/download/Rifine_Beats_n_Bass_7_DnB_Mix_November_2013.mp3.html

Tracklist looks amazing and all B&B episodes have been wicked. Will check this out shortly

I enjoyed his mix alot. Mixes where blended well and there were some traks that i havent heard. Thats always a treat. Will def check the next one.

Tracklist looks amazing and all B&B episodes have been wicked. Will check this out shortly

i've slept on the other ones, will get on this asap ;)

Sound lads. Let me know what you thought

I enjoyed his mix alot. Mixes where blended well and there were some traks that i havent heard. Thats always a treat. Will def check the next one.

Nice one for checking and the compliments Beknoxx! I thought it went well. Hope you like the next episode...... or what I have planned for Christmas ;)

Still have feedback to drop on B&B5 and B&B6, been switching back-and-forth between both in the car for the past week or so.

Why not throw this in the mix, then?

Really enjoyed this, a few tunes that I hadn't heard before and a few that I didn't plan on buying but do now.

I can never mix Half Man with anything ffs, you pulled it off

very good

Still have feedback to drop on B&B5 and B&B6, been switching back-and-forth between both in the car for the past week or so.

Why not throw this in the mix, then?

Fair HAB. B&B 5 was probably my favourite of the recent run of B&B's

Really enjoyed this, a few tunes that I hadn't heard before and a few that I didn't plan on buying but do now.

I can never mix Half Man with anything ffs, you pulled it off

very good

Nice one for listening Terps! Yeh, its cool when you listen to a mix and it makes you aware of tunes that you hadn't heard and want to add to your collection.
Half Man is a bit of an arse with its beat. I thought it went better mixing out of it & tried to keep the single hook note of Thaw in before bouncing along with Half Man. Ez

Listened to this this morning. Showed me a lot of new tunes. Thank you for that! My favourite of your mixes I think :)

Listened to this this morning. Showed me a lot of new tunes. Thank you for that! My favourite of your mixes I think :)

Nice one for checking Danwell! Any favourite blends in there per chance?
Still think that B&B 5 and 1 are my favourites so far. Did enjoy mixing this episode, but kinda need to have a break from the series

alright here we go

very interesting vibe throughout, enjoyed the transitions a lot and some of the mixes made me think that i fell into some kinda dark hole of despair, which, in this case certainly is a good thing. loved the mix with buzzin, barely have any idea which tracks that are without looking at the tracklist haha, been slacking with the experimental things lately. woah, that transition to aphasia is amazing man, very nice progression. mixing is super clean aswell. always new into thaw was my favourite mix for the moment being. actually, forget that, thaw into half man is monstrous man, respect for making it work so well, half man is a bit of a bitch to mix. eyes down into musica also was one hell of a blend, you really know how to make those halftime bits work well together so you don't get bored of it fast due to the very repetetive beat pattern (something i can't really do haha). constant, one of my fav clarity tunes, thanks for including it in this mix.. oh my, sounds sick with league of shadows (i repeat myself a lot :) ). after that apart from start again and marching cube i didn't know any tune hahaha. that last tune is jokes aswell.

so, all in all i enjoyed this a lot, but i have to be in a certain vibe to really be able to listen and apreciate a mix consisting only of such tunes. proper deep dark & cold set.

well played watcha

looks wicked bro :) pon' the download!

Sound! Let me know your thoughts in due course Muzza

alright here we go

very interesting vibe throughout, enjoyed the transitions a lot and some of the mixes made me think that i fell into some kinda dark hole of despair, which, in this case certainly is a good thing.loved the mix with buzzin, barely have any idea which tracks that are without looking at the tracklist haha, been slacking with the experimental things lately. woah, that transition to aphasia is amazing man, very nice progression. mixing is super clean aswell. always new into thaw was my favourite mix for the moment being. actually, forget that, thaw into half man is monstrous man, respect for making it work so well, half man is a bit of a bitch to mix. eyes down into musica also was one hell of a blend, you really know how to make those halftime bits work well together so you don't get bored of it fast due to the very repetetive beat pattern (something i can't really do haha). constant, one of my fav clarity tunes, thanks for including it in this mix.. oh my, sounds sick with league of shadows (i repeat myself a lot :) ). after that apart from start again and marching cube i didn't know any tune hahaha. that last tune is jokes aswell.

so, all in all i enjoyed this a lot, but i have to be in a certain vibe to really be able to listen and apreciate a mix consisting only of such tunes.

well played watcha

Thanks for checking & your compliments Wingz! The mixes around Buzzin & Aphasia were a couple of favourites in there for me too along with Eyes Down - Musica - Constant - League Of Shadows. Nice one for picking up on the Always New - Thaw - Half Man string too! Half Man is a pain to mix & completely threw me off mixing it for ages, but had to include it in one of these as some point & hope that I did the best I could considering its beat structure. Yeh, that last tune is a laugh. The bass sounds weighty on its own & really brought a smile to my face when I discovered it. Amazing what you can find on Chemical Recs that isn't in the dnb section that could mix with dnb :)

proper deep dark & cold set.

Thats the vibe I was going for on this one ;)

Still aint got on this - but will do this week at some stage mate.

S'cool Stu. Will keep plugging this one for a couple more weeks anyhow

Dont worry mate i havent forgotten about this! I have actually already listened, but been seriously busy recently so havent had time to write some thoughts. But I will do soon!

Been whirling this in spits and spurts over the past few days.

Favourite section was pretty much Eyes Down to the very end. Hearing Marching Cube was a touch - need that on wax.

Always New > Thaw > Half Man was also a cool 3 section burst. Would like to echo the sentiments about mixing half man, its not easy but you definitely made it fit sweetly in the mix.

Your definitely getting to "that stage" with your mixing where I could feedback but I feel you've taken alot of previous advice on board in regards to EQing, track placement in mixes etc, blending...everything is really coming together nicely - and in some respects rather than feedback praise is deserved. You've made an outstanding series which from start to finish has improved volume on volume, I wouldnt say this was my favourite, 5 was my fav by a mile, but this had an extra element which made it seem more club orientated which I really enjoyed.

Definitely come on leaps and bounds technically on vinyl in the last year man. Keep up the good work.

I'd really love to see you mix something that is out of your comfort zone to really push you to the next level now.

Big ups bro (y) merkle man.

Been whirling this in spits and spurts over the past few days.

Favourite section was pretty much Eyes Down to the very end. Hearing Marching Cube was a touch - need that on wax.

Always New > Thaw > Half Man was also a cool 3 section burst. Would like to echo the sentiments about mixing half man, its not easy but you definitely made it fit sweetly in the mix.

Your definitely getting to "that stage" with your mixing where I could feedback but I feel you've taken alot of previous advice on board in regards to EQing, track placement in mixes etc, blending...everything is really coming together nicely - and in some respects rather than feedback praise is deserved. You've made an outstanding series which from start to finish has improved volume on volume, I wouldnt say this was my favourite, 5 was my fav by a mile, but this had an extra element which made it seem more club orientated which I really enjoyed.

Definitely come on leaps and bounds technically on vinyl in the last year man. Keep up the good work.

I'd really love to see you mix something that is out of your comfort zone to really push you to the next level now.

Big ups bro (y) merkle man.

Nice one Stu! Yeh, that section from around Eyes Down to near the end is one of my favourite section in there too.
Marching Cube is a beast, and I know you are a big fan of Fre4knc as I have seen some of the posts you have written about him. And same about Half Man, a bit of an arse of a beat in that tune.

Still building on the advice that has been given. Little steps ehy.
Thanks for the compliment about the series. It hasn't finished, just putting it in a box till the summer :) And thanks for the complements about mixing vinyl.

What do you suggest might be outside my comfort zone? I have a theme for a mix in April which definitely fits that category :D

Back
Top Bottom