Rifine Alphabetical & Numerical DnB Mixes (Amoss To Zero T & 0 To 10) 100% vinyl

The Watcha

VIP Junglist
Been temped to do an alphabetical mix for a while, but with a few options for most letters, it was hard to choose just 1 artist for each letter, then just 1 tune by that artist. Plus 1 letter in particular was a nightmare to find an artist for, I had no artists tunes for that letter, so I missed it out. Tried to keep the mix on a deeper tip without straying too far from the vibe of the mix, bar a few artists, but even those I tried to choose a deepish / rolling tune of theirs. After making alterations to the tracklist basically every half a week or so, here is the final cut. Its not perfect, but I was pleased how it went. Just wanted to see if it could be done really & actually discovered some interesting blends in the process. Plus, not usually someone who strays over an hour long mix, but sometimes these things need to be done. So here it is, an alphabetical mix of mostly deep artists / deep tunes. Hope you like it!

Tracklist:-

Amoss - Spitface (Horizons)
Break - Run Off (Quarantine)
Calibre - Tru Beat (Critical)
Data - Sentinel (Blackout)
Emporer - Network (Symmetry)
Foreign Concept - Possessive (Shogun Limited)
Getz - My Soul (Utopia)
Hybris - Crumbled (Dispatch)
Icicle - Cold Revenge (Renegade Hardware)
Jubei - Patience (Metalheadz)
Kasra - Perception (Critical)
Lynx - Keep It Low (Detail)
Mortem - The Touch (Influenza Music Limited)
Nymfo - Paperboy (Vampire)
Optiv - Waterboard (Quarantine)
Phobia - Clean Break (Ingredients)
Q Project - Safety Clause (Chanel)
Rockwell - Constantcomplexrhythmicsound (Shogun Audio)
Spinline - Jetpack (Blackout Music)
Total Science - 8 Ball (Advanced)
Ulterior Motive - Tesla (Subtitles)
Villem - Splinter In Your Mind (Ingredients)
Wickaman - Good Vibes (Infrared)
Xtrah - Contortion (Subtitles)
Zero T - Goes Around (Shogun Audio)

Alternative download link -> http://dnbshare.com/download/Rifine_Alphabetical_DnB_Mix_March_2013.mp3.html

&

Tying in with the alphabetical mix above, it seemed only right to do a numerical dnb mix as well. Again, with at least a couple of options for each number & some tunes that can be used for more than one number (eg:- 2098 could be 2, 9 or 8), I tried to steer away from the obvious choices in most instances (eg:- Floating Zero, The One, The Nine ect). Here is a 30 min mix with the numbers from zero to 10 included in the tune name. Enjoy!

Tracklist:-

Silent Witness & Break - Close To Zero (DNAudio)
Enei - One Chance (Critical)
Skeptical - Catch 22 (Ingredients)
Spirit - 3 in 1 (Need For Mirrors rmx) (Inneractive Music)
JoJoe - 4th Floor (Alignment)
dBridge - 5th Floor (Exit Recordings)
Total Science - Defcom 69 (Metalheadz Platinum)
Octane & DRL - Seven (Dispatch)
Alix Perez - State 808 (Shogun Audio)
Ulterior Motive - 2098 (Subtitles)
Zero G - 10 Times (Finn People)

Alternative download link -> http://dnbshare.com/download/Rifine_Numerical_DnB_Mix_March_2013.mp3.html

Last edited:
On this mate!
I see you didnt find anything for Y though! Such a hard letter

really really good mix man, considering it was an artist a letter you managed to keep a vibe going admirably.

was ridiculously good, patience over the noises of cold revenge was just awesome, worked so well.

The vocal of keep it low and the bass over perception again worked a treat, probably my two favourite mixes from the whole thing.

The mixing throughout was on point, at times i think you maybe had a bit too much bass in when you were blending tunes, but it was pretty isolated, bar that the eqing was spot on.

also introduced me to a few tunes, definitely going to be picking up my soul and jetpack, not sure how they've escaped my notice before!

going on to the numerical one now, hoping it will be as good!

Numerical -

Probably better i think, selection was spot on, opening mix worked really well, one chance rolled well over the top, and i usually hate one chance.
the mix with catch 22 and three in one remix sounded so large, the bass worked so well with the skeptical snares and kicks.

fav mix was 2098 with 10 times, worked so well, the noises it created were awesome, top stuff.

good concepts, well executed.

Last edited:
okay. over an hour of drum n bass darkness. i'm gonna press play on your mix, browse the web meanwhile and write some thoughts down. lets do this.

wicked intro - that break tune really made me move on my chair...what's next, ah i know this one - tru beat. unfortunately brought the energy down a bit. but i guess it's a real challenge to do this kind of a alphabetical mix and there's no way c means anything else than almighty calibre. familiar sound coming up - nice one cutting out tru beat. aaaargh...that bass and those horns, pure darkness crawling up my spine. wicked. and already something coming in...that was quick, double action. we're going deep tonight, extra heavy. network playing a bit lonely here. already hear possessive sneaking it's way in. these two fit real nice. nearly perfect. breakdown - already waiting for mr. getz to step in. c'mon where is it? ah there it comes. wicked vibes sir. you really have a talent to find tunes that fit well together. liking this mix a lot. crumbled came in hard and quick. cold revenge + crumbled sound like a serious sick mix - too bad you played it so little. aah paaaatience fuck off.....this is too much. too much i say. dancefloor is destroyed, please go home everyone. okay, patience a bit lonely here...but never mind, the breakdown is here. too bad i don't have perception, i reckon it's difficult to find a copy of it. also, pretty good mix with it.

okay, moving to the halfway mark with the sounds of perception and keep it low...wat. pretty interesting mix - they fit pretty nicely together, better than i would've expected. some vocal clashed with next tune, nothing bad of course. wouldv've picked some other mortem tune myself. but it's a great tune neverthless, nice vibes. okay ladies and gentlemen, we've crossed half of this journey now and what a journey it has been so far. looking forward to the next half. ah fuck, what is this tune coming in - never heard of that paperboy. waterboard coming in aggressively - this one will make anyone move. aahg, next one....heavy mix - ingredients vibes. sounding fat fat fat. oldskool business next up, haven't heard this one either. i like this tune. constantcomplexrhythmicsound...really. very unexpected...especially by you :D. ohh really heavy mix the next one. unfortunately a really short one. i have to say, i'm not really a fan of the next one. why not some ts-s never tune? but then again, why not zoidberg. not really shure on that tesla either. kind a mismash of different vibes that clash with each other. imo. villems tune and tesla compliment each other pretty well, creating a full, high paced mix. next one wickaman? good lord :D but i guess it was really hard to find somethign to fit there. liked the way you took that out while contortion was warming up ready to drop right away. clash of vibes again with the next one imo. beautiful tune to end the set tho.

okay over it is, hell of a ride there mate. some really well fitting and interesting blends there. there were 3 or 4 mixes that made me really raise my eyebrows - they were just so sick. on the other note, i noticed that you brought tunes in too quickly and hard perhaps. like for instance 8 ball into jetpack. i personally like to sneak tunes in more...but not always of course. also, the ending of the mix kind of lost it's vibe and i wasn't feeling it much anymore like the first 2/3 of your mix. but, again, i do understand the challenge of this mix - it's really hard sometimes to find a tune that fits well...let alone you're limited to a alphapetical letter of the artists name. one hell of a job there, couldn't done it myself any better. also, technically ultra clean mixes. nice one!

I like the idea. Listening to the alphabetical one now and will try and leave some feedback for you. I listened to an autonomic one you did recently and enjoyed it. Have been meaning to listen to it again though before giving any kind of meaningful feedback. Anyway, I'm liking the mix so far. Big up

Re: Rifine Alphabetical & Numerical DnB Mixes (Amoss To Zero T & 0 To 10) 100% vinyl

really really good mix man, considering it was an artist a letter you managed to keep a vibe going admirably.

was ridiculously good, patience over the noises of cold revenge was just awesome, worked so well.

The vocal of keep it low and the bass over perception again worked a treat, probably my two favourite mixes from the whole thing.

The mixing throughout was on point, at times i think you maybe had a bit too much bass in when you were blending tunes, but it was pretty isolated, bar that the eqing was spot on.

also introduced me to a few tunes, definitely going to be picking up my soul and jetpack, not sure how they've escaped my notice before!

going on to the numerical one now, hoping it will be as good!

Numerical -

Probably better i think, selection was spot on, opening mix worked really well, one chance rolled well over the top, and i usually hate one chance.
the mix with catch 22 and three in one remix sounded so large, the bass worked so well with the skeptical snares and kicks.

fav mix was 2098 with 10 times, worked so well, the noises it created were awesome, top stuff.

good concepts, well executed.

Cheers man! Pleased that you thought so about the vibe. Tried my hardest to pick tunes that would kind of flow, as opposed to not sitting the best with each other & glad that you liked that little section with Cold Revenge - Patience - Perception - keep It Low. Wanted to vary the flavour up a bit through the mix, without having it roller after deep roller ect.

Yeh, I am still working on the bass levels when bringing in mixes. Need to have the bass down a bit when bringing it in, or easing it off when a new tune has dropped. Must try harder for the next mix. My Soul I picked up fairly recently & really like that tune (can see it sitting in my box for time, very dj friendly roller with quality bass) & Jetpack is a beast. Love its wooping hooks which are just right in the tune. Probably up there in my fav 3 or 5 Spinline tunes :)

Slightly like the Numerical mix a little more too. Was surprised that One Chance seemed like just the right amount of different tune over the rather hectic Close To Zero, as One Chance is fairly simple. I know what you mean about One Chance though.... when I first heard it, I quite liked it, bought it for that + partially because it was limited & it had been sat in the stack since a few months after it came out, so I wanted to include it. The relentless beat & hook in Catch 22 with the skippy bass of 3 in 1 was what I was aiming for. I don't have Three Shards, but I was going to put Finding The Three in (but didn't want to go too jump up) & fair play for mentioning 2098 - 10 Times as I really like this blend too. 10 Times seems quite filthy & rolled well with the stomp of 2098 I thought :) Nice one for you comments man & thanks for taking the time to listen to both!

Haha, just got my first "The text that you have entered is too long (10142 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long." :D

- - - Updated - - -

okay. over an hour of drum n bass darkness. i'm gonna press play on your mix, browse the web meanwhile and write some thoughts down. lets do this.

wicked intro - that break tune really made me move on my chair...what's next, ah i know this one - tru beat. unfortunately brought the energy down a bit. but i guess it's a real challenge to do this kind of a alphabetical mix and there's no way c means anything else than almighty calibre. familiar sound coming up - nice one cutting out tru beat. aaaargh...that bass and those horns, pure darkness crawling up my spine. wicked. and already something coming in...that was quick, double action. we're going deep tonight, extra heavy. network playing a bit lonely here. already hear possessive sneaking it's way in. these two fit real nice. nearly perfect. breakdown - already waiting for mr. getz to step in. c'mon where is it? ah there it comes. wicked vibes sir. you really have a talent to find tunes that fit well together. liking this mix a lot. crumbled came in hard and quick. cold revenge + crumbled sound like a serious sick mix - too bad you played it so little. aah paaaatience fuck off.....this is too much. too much i say. dancefloor is destroyed, please go home everyone. okay, patience a bit lonely here...but never mind, the breakdown is here. too bad i don't have perception, i reckon it's difficult to find a copy of it. also, pretty good mix with it.

okay, moving to the halfway mark with the sounds of perception and keep it low...wat. pretty interesting mix - they fit pretty nicely together, better than i would've expected. some vocal clashed with next tune, nothing bad of course. wouldv've picked some other mortem tune myself. but it's a great tune neverthless, nice vibes. okay ladies and gentlemen, we've crossed half of this journey now and what a journey it has been so far. looking forward to the next half. ah fuck, what is this tune coming in - never heard of that paperboy. waterboard coming in aggressively - this one will make anyone move. aahg, next one....heavy mix - ingredients vibes. sounding fat fat fat. oldskool business next up, haven't heard this one either. i like this tune. constantcomplexrhythmicsound...really. very unexpected...especially by you :D. ohh really heavy mix the next one. unfortunately a really short one. i have to say, i'm not really a fan of the next one. why not some ts-s never tune? but then again, why not zoidberg. not really shure on that tesla either. kind a mismash of different vibes that clash with each other. imo. villems tune and tesla compliment each other pretty well, creating a full, high paced mix. next one wickaman? good lord :D but i guess it was really hard to find somethign to fit there. liked the way you took that out while contortion was warming up ready to drop right away. clash of vibes again with the next one imo. beautiful tune to end the set tho.

okay over it is, hell of a ride there mate. some really well fitting and interesting blends there. there were 3 or 4 mixes that made me really raise my eyebrows - they were just so sick. on the other note, i noticed that you brought tunes in too quickly and hard perhaps. like for instance 8 ball into jetpack. i personally like to sneak tunes in more...but not always of course. also, the ending of the mix kind of lost it's vibe and i wasn't feeling it much anymore like the first 2/3 of your mix. but, again, i do understand the challenge of this mix - it's really hard sometimes to find a tune that fits well...let alone you're limited to a alphapetical letter of the artists name. one hell of a job there, couldn't done it myself any better. also, technically ultra clean mixes. nice one!

Wow fuuz3r! Thanks for the hench feedback & comments! Yeh, I had lined Run Off up to be in there & its nice to see it make it into a couple of other members mixes around the same time :) The energy did ease down a little with Tru Beat, but I wanted to have a small section to start the mix, break at the Data tune (as most of his tunes have a 32 bar section where there is no beat before drop) before getting fully stuck into the mix + as you mentioned, I had to include Calibre for the letter C or I would be lynched. Nice one for mentioning the Possessive - My Soul mix :) .... up there with favourite blends in this mix for me, the bass of both seem to sit right without overpowering each other. Your too kind on the next couple of mixes. Had to do my best with them. Perception was a limited pressing at 500 number, and looks like a task to find, as all the usual outlets & Discogs are out. Wanted to include it as it mixes up the vibe as mentioned above + a friend of mine liked this tune when it came out.

Perception - Keep It Low came a bit out of the blue, as I was thinking of putting a Lomax tune instead of Lynx' tune, but it was overpowering Perception. Pleased how that blend worked out. Plus for M, I do like Revolta (but hardly play it that much) or it was M-zine - Endings.... ended up going with The Touch though. Really like Paperboy of all the Nymfo tunes I have + wanted it to be a roller to contrast the stomping Waterboard. Think your on about Safety Clause for the oldskooly tune (was struggling on a Q Project tune & didn't want anything too liquidy again, which is mainly what he puts out on his own). It was either going to be CCRS or Dj Friendly Unit Shifter & seeing as a few heads are still playing CCRS, I opted for that. Wasn't sure on a Total Science tune to chose & had a limited selection so went for 8 Ball. Thought that Tesla contrasted 8 Ball myself. Respect for picking up on Tesla - Splinter, got to be my fav blend in there... Splinter just seemed to ramp up Tesla's filth an extra notch & fill in the gaps making it proper energetic :)

Do you mean brought the next tune in too quickly from the breakdown? Lots of tunes only have 4 loops of 32 bars from the drop / second drop, so need to be brought in after the first or second 32. If I held off any longer, I would run out of the more energetic part of the tune to mix before it starts winding down in the outro. Pleased you felt the vibe in the limited circumstances. Wanted a challenge & tried to make it flow as much as possible. Big up for listening!

SUCH a good idea! Will get on these as soon as I have time and will give you some feedback of course. Intrigued though, I assume this led to a few blends that you may not have thought of otherwise.

I like the idea. Listening to the alphabetical one now and will try and leave some feedback for you. I listened to an autonomic one you did recently and enjoyed it. Have been meaning to listen to it again though before giving any kind of meaningful feedback. Anyway, I'm liking the mix so far. Big up

Nicely done! Let me know any thoughts when you've had a listen. Whichever B&B episode it was, the streaming has gone off soundcloud, but still available off dnbshare.

How the fuck did I miss this!?!

Todays listening for sure
. (y)

You haven't missed it Stu, this thread is only 1 day old. Let me know what you think man.

SUCH a good idea! Will get on these as soon as I have time and will give you some feedback of course. Intrigued though, I assume this led to a few blends that you may not have thought of otherwise.

Sure did Vanden! Hope you enjoy

on disss!

Nice one Jack! Let me know your thoughts when you can

Alphabetical mix:

First mix is pure FIRE! Spitface instantly got my head nodding and introducing Run Off got me bouncing. Its rolling on nicely - perfect way to start a mix. The bassline of Tru Beat compliments Run Off brilliantly. Sentinel is left to drop on its own and Network makes itself known straight away. These two work really well together actually - have always loved Network. (Sorry I'm cooking at the same time as listening through so am getting distracted at points). So, I've found where I am as Cold Revenge drops. Not actually heard it before - just guessed cos of the vocal. The mix from this into patience is nice and you take it out soon after patience's drop to let it roll out on its own - nice. I need to start playing this tune again - forgot how much I loved it. I really like how the basslines of Patience and Perception work off each other. The vocals of the touch come up nicely - such a handsome vocal. I can hear waterboard coming! It drops to give the mix that extra momentum - you brought this in brilliantly. In my opinion, rollers are always dropped best as the other tune is already under way and not necessarily as a double drop. Constantcomplexetcetc is such a good tune to add energy to anything. And it doesn't fail to in this instance. Jetpack's a wicked tune and much to my suprise it goes really well with ccrs, although I did think you took ccrs out a bit suddenly.

Favourite mixes:
Spitface --> Run Off
Paperboy --> Waterboy

Your mixing is super tight, can't comment too much on the EQing im afraid as I'm in a loud kitchen and not the best speakers in the world at the moment. Real nice mix though, man. It kept its energy throughout - right from the start. I will get round to the Numerical mix tomorrow I imagine.

Yes!

Opened up with Splitface, love this tune, definitely needs to be dug out more often.respect for letting it roll out, too many mixes are straight out with a double,quite refreshing hearing a tune roll out.
Mix into Run Off is EQ'd really well, kept the mids in of Splitface well, great mix man. Nice to hear Run Off mixed normally instead of being a split mix. Next up Tru Beat. Nice and steady mix, wasn’t too sure on the bass being left in of Run Off with Tru Beat, gain is slightly off also on Tru Beat, just reached for the volume a touch. Sentinel next up and looking at the TL I can tell I will enjoy this mix. Big kicks of Sentinel are in and rolling. Hoping for a switch up and yes, love the breakdown of Sentinel. Waiting for Network to get things moving again, nice quick mix, these really fused great together! EQ’d great sir! Possessive next up expecting this to sit nicely over Network. “your mine” little riff just poked over, funky little mix! Never play Possessive one of those I battered when it came out, must go digging…
Words can describe how much I love the next tune. Remember hearing it ages ago in a dubphizix skeptical mix and when it got released I was straight on it. These basslines are going to fuse so well & yes not bad at all! I would try and keep to the rule that one bassline is enough in the mix otherwise the blend can sound a little muddled. Not bad though at all. Crumbled is in, much more of a stepper than My Souls rollin’ vibes. Worked a treat though. Cold revenge next, another one I have barely played, used to batter frozen. Patience is poking its way through and yes!! Rolling vibes! Felt like the drums were a bit scattery not sure how I can describe it, mix was swish though!
Next up Perception, this is gully. Really turned this up a notch, wicked stuff man. Keep it Low is just poking through. Keeping on the steppy kind of tip. Not bad again man, like the funky vocals of the lynx tune. The Touch is easing in nicely, not sure if the gain was a little too low on the Touch was expecting that rolling bass to take over the blend, but always felt it was sitting a little behind the previous tune, the energy was a little lost when it cut to the touch on its own, I actually think this record is really quiet (certainly my version is) always cranking it up trying to get the gain right. Nice to hear the touch roll out through the 2nd breakdown. One of my favourite producers. Paperboy came in a treat. Let the vocal of the touch poke over the top and it’s a killer blend! Vibes. Waterboard next up working well building into the mix. Not bad blend with Paperboy left in the mids well to let them fuse together. Clean Break is awesome, one of my pals still batters it. These too worked ok together, not sure if there was a little too much bass left in of Waterboard? Couldn’t work it out…Safety Clause is poking over Clean Break, haven’t heard this before. Don’t mind a switch up every now & again, changes the direction and most mixes need them in my opinion.
Rockwell tune next & it is a killer blend sir. Probably my favourite mix of the lot so far. Excellent. Haven’t heard Jetpack in a members mix since one of TeddyBizzle’s, selection has been great man. Next mix into Total Sciences’ 8Ball and the blend was great, mids left in well of Jetpack, your Eqing bar a couple of bits has been superb. Sounded like Tesla was cued from 16 bars? Very quickly in the mix, would have liked to hear it sit a bit more over 8 ball, think the gain was a little down on Tesla. Next mix with Splinter in Your Mind was superb man, rolled perfectly over Tesla. EQ’d well to get the best out of both tunes. Double next with Good Vibes, not bad, can hear some bass out of splinter in your mind poking through again. Contortion next can hear it poking its way in. swwwwitch. Xtrah is a badman. Goes Around starting to fuse its way over contortion, funky blend man nice way to finish up.

Superb concept & you really nailed alot of this. EQing was great in places. My only slight critique was mid mix when it felt like both basslines were up and sometimes it felt a little muddled. Couple of the gains were slightly off, but I know how difficult it can be, majority of it was quality.

Great mix man thoroughly enjoyed, letting some tunes breathe was great & I sometimes think it is better than punishing doubles every mix. Will get on your numerics one, been slightly busy at work today (y)

Re: Rifine Alphabetical & Numerical DnB Mixes (Amoss To Zero T & 0 To 10) 100% vinyl

Alphabetical mix:

First mix is pure FIRE! Spitface instantly got my head nodding and introducing Run Off got me bouncing. Its rolling on nicely - perfect way to start a mix. The bassline of Tru Beat compliments Run Off brilliantly. Sentinel is left to drop on its own and Network makes itself known straight away. These two work really well together actually - have always loved Network. (Sorry I'm cooking at the same time as listening through so am getting distracted at points). So, I've found where I am as Cold Revenge drops. Not actually heard it before - just guessed cos of the vocal. The mix from this into patience is nice and you take it out soon after patience's drop to let it roll out on its own - nice. I need to start playing this tune again - forgot how much I loved it. I really like how the basslines of Patience and Perception work off each other. The vocals of the touch come up nicely - such a handsome vocal. I can hear waterboard coming! It drops to give the mix that extra momentum - you brought this in brilliantly. In my opinion, rollers are always dropped best as the other tune is already under way and not necessarily as a double drop. Constantcomplexetcetc is such a good tune to add energy to anything. And it doesn't fail to in this instance. Jetpack's a wicked tune and much to my suprise it goes really well with ccrs, although I did think you took ccrs out a bit suddenly.

Favourite mixes:
Spitface --> Run Off
Paperboy --> Waterboard

Your mixing is super tight, can't comment too much on the EQing im afraid as I'm in a loud kitchen and not the best speakers in the world at the moment. Real nice mix though, man. It kept its energy throughout - right from the start. I will get round to the Numerical mix tomorrow I imagine.

Thanks for listening & jotting some words Vanden! Glad you liked the first 3 tune section & blend with Sentinel & Network straight after. As mentioned, I wanted this to be the prelude before getting stuck into main section of the mix. Really liked Cold Revenge when it came out, but has been sat in the stack ever since (was actually one of the last decisions in this mix, deciding on an Icicle tune to compliment Crumbled). Yeh, Patience was & still is a beast, simplicity at its best :)

Nice one for mentioning the Patience - Perception mix as well. Wanted to break the ride up a little from roller after roller & felt that the step in Perception did just that, whilst the brooding bass sat well with the haunting bass in Patience. Sound for your comment about Waterboard.... I find that tune goes pretty well with dj friendly tunes with a drawn out bass note + what you mentioned about CCRS & Jetpack.

Respect for the feedback again man & all the pleasantries! :) Tried my best to keep it as tight as I could & keep the energy levels up, with limited selection. Prefer the Numerical mix a little more myself ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Also thanks for the feedback Stu! Will post my follow up words when I can as I am getting the message that responding to Vanden & your feedback at once is over 10000 characters again :D

Back
Top Bottom