Rifine Alphabetical & Numerical DnB Mixes (Amoss To Zero T & 0 To 10) 100% vinyl

Been listening again on my walk to work. Will hopefully have feedback done this week. If not, then next week (last week at current job this week so may not have time)

Yo man, sorry about the longness! First off, absolutely wicked idea man. I was sceptical on how it would sound as it’s not easy to get 2 tunes to work together when you have everything to choose from, let alone a single letter! Big ups for that, wasn’t any bits where I thought “Nah that doesn’t work” if that makes sense.

Flawless beatmatching and eq’ing too, and the fact that it was 100% vinyl makes me very happy.
A lot of tunes I didn’t know about that I’ll be grabbing after hearing this as well.

Some of my favourite bits were

Data - Sentinel (Blackout)
Emporer - Network (Symmetry)
Foreign Concept - Possessive (Shogun Limited)

Optiv - Waterboard (Quarantine)
Phobia - Clean Break (Ingredients)
Q Project - Safety Clause (Chanel)

Great mix dude, going to check out the numeric one now, will leave feedback for that too!

On this now.

Starts of flying, coming through Foreign Concept and Getz(2 of my fav tunes at the mo), I just felt maybe you could have held out the bass on Getz for maybe another 16, just sounded a little busy for me, but it soon cleaned up in the mix. Getz -> Hybris was tight, like with Calibre -> Data, I like the cut at the end of the mix, nicely punctuated.
Hybris - Crumbled (Dispatch)
Icicle - Cold Revenge (Renegade Hardware)
Jubei - Patience (Metalheadz)
Kasra - Perception (Critical)
Well Played! Just felt a little drop in the energy on the last cut of that section, but otherwise my favourite section so far! The way paitience and Percpetions beats played off each other, gave it a nice step for a 16 or 2. Was loving Lynx into Mortem, but felt an energy dip a little again on the switch.
Get me hyped again through this section
Nymfo - Paperboy (Vampire)
Phobia - Clean Break (Ingredients) - This tune I have not heard, killer!
TBH dont like the Q Project tune too much, but Rockwell gets me back online, I got a little distracted at home for the last section, but was vibing all the way, bass face, head nod thing.

Great idea, well executed, big respect for pulling that all off on vinyl. Great concept also, have tried to figure out a list for myself and have a go, got a couple of days off after today so will try and knock it out.

Stellar work man!

Yo man, sorry about the longness! First off, absolutely wicked idea man. I was sceptical on how it would sound as it’s not easy to get 2 tunes to work together when you have everything to choose from, let alone a single letter! Big ups for that, wasn’t any bits where I thought “Nah that doesn’t work” if that makes sense.

Flawless beatmatching and eq’ing too, and the fact that it was 100% vinyl makes me very happy.
A lot of tunes I didn’t know about that I’ll be grabbing after hearing this as well.

Some of my favourite bits were

Data - Sentinel (Blackout)
Emporer - Network (Symmetry)
Foreign Concept - Possessive (Shogun Limited)

Phobia - Clean Break (Ingredients)
Q Project - Safety Clause (Chanel)

Great mix dude, going to check out the numeric one now, will leave feedback for that too!

Thats alright man. Glad you were feeling the idea & felt like the tracklist went together.
Thanks for checking it & the compliments about the beatmatching, but I think I still need to work on the EQ'ing, as some others have mentioned

Pleased that you digged those couple of sections you mentioned, as the first string of three was where the concept got more stuck in, after the 3 / 4 tunes from the start. Hope you like the numerical one, if you get round to listening to it. I like that one a bit more, as its more to the point & energetic :)

On this now.

Starts of flying, coming through Foreign Concept and Getz(2 of my fav tunes at the mo), I just felt maybe you could have held out the bass on Getz for maybe another 16, just sounded a little busy for me, but it soon cleaned up in the mix. Getz -> Hybris was tight, like with Calibre -> Data, I like the cut at the end of the mix, nicely punctuated.
Hybris - Crumbled (Dispatch)
Icicle - Cold Revenge (Renegade Hardware)
Jubei - Patience (Metalheadz)
Kasra - Perception (Critical)
Well Played! Just felt a little drop in the energy on the last cut of that section, but otherwise my favourite section so far! The way paitience and Percpetions beats played off each other, gave it a nice step for a 16 or 2. Was loving Lynx into Mortem, but felt an energy dip a little again on the switch.
Get me hyped again through this section
Nymfo - Paperboy (Vampire)
Phobia - Clean Break (Ingredients) - This tune I have not heard, killer!
TBH dont like the Q Project tune too much, but Rockwell gets me back online, I got a little distracted at home for the last section, but was vibing all the way, bass face, head nod thing.

Great idea, well executed, big respect for pulling that all off on vinyl. Great concept also, have tried to figure out a list for myself and have a go, got a couple of days off after today so will try and knock it out.

Stellar work man!

Nice one for listening & the feedback Tewky1! Yeh, as mentioned, I still need to do some homework on the EQ-ing side.
The was a few small drops in energy through the mix, where it went from more rolling tunes to steppy bits, but I wanted to cast a net for a wider audience, bringing together tunes that would normally sit in the stack.

Glad you enjoyed the couple of sections that you mentioned above too. The sections from Crumbled through to Perception & Paperboy to Clear Break were a joy to mix. Thanks for your compliments too!

Good luck in piecing your spin on the idea together, as well as trying to find an artist for the letting Y! Am interested to see someone elses take on it. Ez :)

Last edited:
Real sorry about the massive delay in listening to your numerical mix, but here goes...

straight to business with the first one, the chimes of one chance make themselves known shortly after the drop and then it drops to keep it rolling nicely. Catch 22 taps its way in nicely and both work really well off each other. One chance maybe bought out a bit abruptly there i thought. i love skeptical's percussion. Never heard 3 in 1 before, but its nice. Got a loose kick drum which i dont normally like, but for some reason i do in this one. 4th floor steps in really nicely off 3in1. again a tune i havent heard. the high pitch whiney things in 3in1 cut nicely through. love 5th floor. bit of a switch up in styles into defcom, definitely a good shout to let it build up on its own. Seven drops in nicely, driving the mix on. Again, defcom maybe bought out too suddenly, but it actually sounded pretty good!

Sorry I tailed off at the end, but am in the library so pretty hard to keep focus on two different things haha. All in all though, both mixes were wicked and it was a decent concept.

Real sorry about the massive delay in listening to your numerical mix, but here goes...

straight to business with the first one, the chimes of one chance make themselves known shortly after the drop and then it drops to keep it rolling nicely. Catch 22 taps its way in nicely and both work really well off each other. One chance maybe bought out a bit abruptly there i thought. i love skeptical's percussion. Never heard 3 in 1 before, but its nice. Got a loose kick drum which i dont normally like, but for some reason i do in this one. 4th floor steps in really nicely off 3in1. again a tune i havent heard. the high pitch whiney things in 3in1 cut nicely through. love 5th floor. bit of a switch up in styles into defcom, definitely a good shout to let it build up on its own. Seven drops in nicely, driving the mix on. Again, defcom maybe bought out too suddenly, but it actually sounded pretty good!

Sorry I tailed off at the end, but am in the library so pretty hard to keep focus on two different things haha. All in all though, both mixes were wicked and it was a decent concept.

Cheers Vanden for listening to this one as well!
Tried to fade out One Chance as per most blends, but must not have sounded as planned. Glad I could make you aware of 3 in 1 rmx & 4th Floor. Really like both of them & 4th Floor has stayed in the 'still rinsing' stack since I bought it.... hasn't been put on the shelves yet. Pleased you were feeling both of them & the concepts. Got something interesting lined up for the next mix as well man ;) Ez

About the EQ'ing, something I find works for me, is in the mix, only one tune ever has full bass going, there is always a cut of some sort in there, then I might boost the mids of the tune with no bass, not much but enough to get it to punch through, a small cut on the other channel can help this stand out a bit more. Then the fun of creating some impact with a big switch. The mix I highlighted as a bit busy in the early stages, was one where I was thinking this sort of thing would work, maybe a quarter turn, maybe just a little more off Getz, with the vocals there is enough higher range to create a nice blend. How about them vocals on that cut, raw, piercing and perfect! The kind of voice I would definitely bang haha!

I am probably just re-iventing the wheel for you, maybe something in there might give you a spark in your own thinking, either way gots to gets me post count up innit :teeth:

Looking forward to the next concept

Starting off dark and funky. I'm liking it. Classic Amoss. Liking the drums coming in. A little tweak on the vinyl to bring it in time and the bass is in. Nice. I'd like this on the dancefloor. Tru Beat coming in. I think I might have the bass cut out completely on Tru Beat, but I hadn't noticed it on previous listens and wouldn't have thought this tune would have worked after the Break one but I like it. Tru Beat's a tune!

Not sure on Sentinel here. The change in tone is too much for me. Kinda comes in a bit heavy, but it's a massive tune, so I don't care! And Network coming in nice and quickly. Nice mix. Big tune this. Wasn't sure on Emperor til I heard this tune. Possession coming in. Such a tune. Can see these are going to work well and it goes in heavy! You bring out Network well, as well. Big mix. Might have to try that one out :P

When Getz comes in, is the bass from Possession still in there? I'm finding it hard to work out a bassline on my speakers. This could just be my speakers, though. If the bass was left in, I would have cut it out personally. Teddy commented on me doing this in a mix a while ago (maybe even with that tune in fact!) and I started cutting the bass out of one or the other tracks entirely and find it makes quite a big difference. Sorry if I'm preaching to the choir or anything and have gone off on a complete tangent for no reason! Back to the point...great tune, My Soul. Love that release!

Onto Hybris. I don't think I've heard this track before. It's cool. Nice switch into Cold Revenge. Not heard this before either. I like that. Sounds like 2005. Big mix with Patience! I dug out this EP the other day and I forgot that every tune is great!

Very nice mix with Perception. The basslines work well with each other here. Nice find. Not sure on the next mix. Sounds like the Lynx tune is a tricky one to mix (as standard, for me at least)! Liking this tune though. Calming things down a bit. Basslines clashing with The Touch coming in too. Such a tune though. Love this. Paperboy sounds big in the mix. Like that and the tune. Haven't heard this before...rolling! Waterboard coming in fast and heavy. Smasher. Liking the Phobia tune too.

Liking the mix with Safety Clause. Maybe turn the mids and highs down a bit, so Phobia can come through a bit more, but I like that. Stepped up the pace nicely. Rockwell tune comes in strong. Tune. Maybe could have done with coming in a little more gradually..? Dropped into whateveritscalled proper and the pace has been notched up again. Jetpack's a tune. Sounded good in the mix, although whateveritscalled is a hectic one, so it'd be hard to follow that tune and stay in keeping with the rest of the mix. Change of style coming in with 8 Ball. Nice mix!

Tesla & Splinter in Your Mind is a big mix!! Maybe would have been better to have Villem come in before UM and keep the flow of the overall mix a bit better. But that was a big mix!

Shame Good Vibes sounds like it's from a few years ago. If the bass had more to it, it would have worked well coming out of Splinter In Your Mind. Contortion is heavy tune and ending with Goes Around is nice. Lovely summer tune and then is blazing here, so it's nice!

Sorry if I come across an arse or pompous or anything. I know you realise it's not perfect (it never is!); I'm just listening in more detail than I usually would, so I pick up on minor things more! And sorry if it's a bit disjointed! I was writing as it was going.

There were a few bass clashes in the EQing, so that's probably something to be aware of. The rest of the EQing, sounded fine to me. Maybe come in a bit more gentler when bringing new tunes in the mix. That's something Teddy commented on as well in one of my mixes. It's nice to smash a tune into the mix, but I prefer it coming in a bit more gradually. Gently, gently...should be read as "safely does it", I suppose! Makes things a bit smoother, though and means you can pay a bit more attention keeping the drums in time because you're doing it more gradually and can pick up on things slipping more easily.

there were a few mixes that kind of broke up the consistency of the mix a bit. The liquid tunes in particular. I'm not sure on switching from a deeper, darker, techier sound to bright, summery liquid and back again within three tunes. I like the mixing of different styles, but it kind of muddles my head when it switches up too abruptly.

Overall, nice mix. I enjoyed it. I really like the idea behind it and I heard a bunch of tunes I haven't before, so big up. Mixing was on point for the most part. A few slips, but that's me listening in detail. I didn't notice it the other times. I liked the selection. Lots of tunes in there.

Favourite mixes:

Sentinel > Network > Possessive

Patience > Perception

Tesla > Splinter In Your Mind

Big up mate!

(Sorry it took me so long to find time to write something proper up! )

About the EQ'ing, something I find works for me, is in the mix, only one tune ever has full bass going, there is always a cut of some sort in there, then I might boost the mids of the tune with no bass, not much but enough to get it to punch through, a small cut on the other channel can help this stand out a bit more. Then the fun of creating some impact with a big switch. The mix I highlighted as a bit busy in the early stages, was one where I was thinking this sort of thing would work, maybe a quarter turn, maybe just a little more off Getz, with the vocals there is enough higher range to create a nice blend. How about them vocals on that cut, raw, piercing and perfect! The kind of voice I would definitely bang haha!

I am probably just re-iventing the wheel for you, maybe something in there might give you a spark in your own thinking, either way gots to gets me post count up innit :teeth:

Looking forward to the next concept

Sound tewky! I will have a play around with the bass & the mids in the next few weeks & when I get a new mixer. The trebles do get used a bit in all the mixes that get recorded, its the bass & the mids that need getting to grips with. A couple of my mates fiddle around with those 2 dials alot... been hesitant in doing anything with them really. Plus, your not re-inventing the wheel for me man. Any useful advice people give is greatly received.

Starting off dark and funky. I'm liking it. Classic Amoss. Liking the drums coming in. A little tweak on the vinyl to bring it in time and the bass is in. Nice. I'd like this on the dancefloor. Tru Beat coming in. I think I might have the bass cut out completely on Tru Beat, but I hadn't noticed it on previous listens and wouldn't have thought this tune would have worked after the Break one but I like it. Tru Beat's a tune!

Not sure on Sentinel here. The change in tone is too much for me. Kinda comes in a bit heavy, but it's a massive tune, so I don't care! And Network coming in nice and quickly. Nice mix. Big tune this. Wasn't sure on Emperor til I heard this tune. Possession coming in. Such a tune. Can see these are going to work well and it goes in heavy! You bring out Network well, as well. Big mix. Might have to try that one out :P

When Getz comes in, is the bass from Possession still in there? I'm finding it hard to work out a bassline on my speakers. This could just be my speakers, though. If the bass was left in, I would have cut it out personally. Teddy commented on me doing this in a mix a while ago (maybe even with that tune in fact!) and I started cutting the bass out of one or the other tracks entirely and find it makes quite a big difference. Sorry if I'm preaching to the choir or anything and have gone off on a complete tangent for no reason! Back to the point...great tune, My Soul. Love that release!

Onto Hybris. I don't think I've heard this track before. It's cool. Nice switch into Cold Revenge. Not heard this before either. I like that. Sounds like 2005. Big mix with Patience! I dug out this EP the other day and I forgot that every tune is great!

Very nice mix with Perception. The basslines work well with each other here. Nice find. Not sure on the next mix. Sounds like the Lynx tune is a tricky one to mix (as standard, for me at least)! Liking this tune though. Calming things down a bit. Basslines clashing with The Touch coming in too. Such a tune though. Love this. Paperboy sounds big in the mix. Like that and the tune. Haven't heard this before...rolling! Waterboard coming in fast and heavy. Smasher. Liking the Phobia tune too.

Liking the mix with Safety Clause. Maybe turn the mids and highs down a bit, so Phobia can come through a bit more, but I like that. Stepped up the pace nicely. Rockwell tune comes in strong. Tune. Maybe could have done with coming in a little more gradually..? Dropped into whateveritscalled proper and the pace has been notched up again. Jetpack's a tune. Sounded good in the mix, although whateveritscalled is a hectic one, so it'd be hard to follow that tune and stay in keeping with the rest of the mix. Change of style coming in with 8 Ball. Nice mix!

Tesla & Splinter in Your Mind is a big mix!! Maybe would have been better to have Villem come in before UM and keep the flow of the overall mix a bit better. But that was a big mix!

Shame Good Vibes sounds like it's from a few years ago. If the bass had more to it, it would have worked well coming out of Splinter In Your Mind. Contortion is heavy tune and ending with Goes Around is nice. Lovely summer tune and then is blazing here, so it's nice!

Sorry if I come across an arse or pompous or anything. I know you realise it's not perfect (it never is!); I'm just listening in more detail than I usually would, so I pick up on minor things more! And sorry if it's a bit disjointed! I was writing as it was going.

There were a few bass clashes in the EQing, so that's probably something to be aware of. The rest of the EQing, sounded fine to me. Maybe come in a bit more gentler when bringing new tunes in the mix. That's something Teddy commented on as well in one of my mixes. It's nice to smash a tune into the mix, but I prefer it coming in a bit more gradually. Gently, gently...should be read as "safely does it", I suppose! Makes things a bit smoother, though and means you can pay a bit more attention keeping the drums in time because you're doing it more gradually and can pick up on things slipping more easily.

there were a few mixes that kind of broke up the consistency of the mix a bit. The liquid tunes in particular. I'm not sure on switching from a deeper, darker, techier sound to bright, summery liquid and back again within three tunes. I like the mixing of different styles, but it kind of muddles my head when it switches up too abruptly.

Overall, nice mix. I enjoyed it. I really like the idea behind it and I heard a bunch of tunes I haven't before, so big up. Mixing was on point for the most part. A few slips, but that's me listening in detail. I didn't notice it the other times. I liked the selection. Lots of tunes in there.

Favourite mixes:

Sentinel > Network > Possessive

Patience > Perception

Tesla > Splinter In Your Mind

Big up mate!

(Sorry it took me so long to find time to write something proper up! )

Jeez Skwiff! Thats a mighty response.
I do agree with what you mention about the EQing, as as fair few heads have mentioned, it is something for me to work on.

But very harsh saying that there were a few tweaks and slips in there. If there were any tweaks or slips, then I wouldn't post it up on here. Had a few listens through on 3 different systems & I couldn't hear any.

DeployFX mentioned that it is sometimes nice to take a mix in different directions, plus being restricted by the selection available made me lean towards going in those directions- that is why there is the odd liquid tune in there.

We all have different tastes & can't please everyone at the end of the day.

Thanks for listing & returning the feedback

Yeah, you're right on the mention of slip ups. It really was a minor thing and hardly noticeable at all. Just part of mixing (and I'm not good enough to be able to comment on mixing perfectly), so dunno why I mentioned it. It might have even just been me listening too much and getting mixd up in it. Also meant to say I appreciate the constraints of doing A-Z. Wasn't trying to offend or be overly harsh, was only writing down what I heard & thought. You might have caught me at a bad time as well :P

Yeah, you're right on the mention of slip ups. It really was a minor thing and hardly noticeable at all. Just part of mixing (and I'm not good enough to be able to comment on mixing perfectly), so dunno why I mentioned it. It might have even just been me listening too much and getting mixd up in it. Also meant to say I appreciate the constraints of doing A-Z. Wasn't trying to offend or be overly harsh, was only writing down what I heard & thought. You might have caught me at a bad time as well :P

I sometime mention it in other peoples mixes, only if it is noticeable, but not if it has been mentioned by the person who started the thread + I am in the same boat as you with regard to mixing perfectly.

Gladly noted

As I'm very late tuning in to both these mixes I'll keep it short n sweet. Firstly such a creative idea, I'm sure more ppl will follow suit. The Alphabetical mix has a real colourful mix of different styles of tunes which are blended together carefully. The Numerical mix a bit more edgy taking the listener on a wave of wobbly synths to melodies (5th floor) to downright dirty (defcom 69)! Funky vibes with Seven then back to the wobble! One thing I will say is to eq those basslines a bit more ;)

Real gd stuff mate, Safe!

I am a cunt for not giving any feedback on your 2nd part.

I will make up for this.

You got to stop being a cunt Stu :teeth:

As I'm very late tuning in to both these mixes I'll keep it short n sweet. Firstly such a creative idea, I'm sure more ppl will follow suit. The Alphabetical mix has a real colourful mix of different styles of tunes which are blended together carefully. The Numerical mix a bit more edgy taking the listener on a wave of wobbly synths to melodies (5th floor) to downright dirty (defcom 69)! Funky vibes with Seven then back to the wobble! One thing I will say is to eq those basslines a bit more ;)

Real gd stuff mate, Safe!

Better late than never Cord.
I like to pose ideas, as it takes you on a journey than you might not normally think of, as opposed to a completely rolling, deep or neurofunk mix, although there will be something a bit more standard a fair few months down the line. Glad you liked the concept man! :)

Been having a play with the bass & mid EQ's since a large handful of heads have mentioned this and I believe things are going in the right direction. Ever since Tewky gave us a few instructions on where to start. Hopefully things will have improved for the next mix.

Your mix will be the next one I check when I can fit it in.

Any one else like a piece? Terpit, Zkinz, Teddy, djnibz, Fallen Gemini, C Tee, Toolx, Norwax, Works, 20K, JoyC, Hanover Music or anyone else?

Definately got to pay more attention to this section, can't believe how I've missed this one.

On the download, going on my "to listen" folder and I'll come back for some feedback Watcha. Will definately have a good time listening to this, and loved the A to Z idea!

Finally got some spare time and took a listen to this (only the Alphabetical one tho!)

As I said before, the A to Z idea is awesome. I might try to make one like this just for fun :)

Loved the mix, great vibes to make me wake up on this lazy and sleepy Monday. First double drop was incredible! Thought it was going to be my favourite in all the mix, but then Icicle - Cold Revenge >> Jubei - Patience came and I changed my mind! Favourite mix in there, and it's been a while since the last time I heard Patience in a mix. Good to hear it again!

Cheers mate :)

Finally got some spare time and took a listen to this (only the Alphabetical one tho!)

As I said before, the A to Z idea is awesome. I might try to make one like this just for fun :)

Loved the mix, great vibes to make me wake up on this lazy and sleepy Monday. First double drop was incredible! Thought it was going to be my favourite in all the mix, but then Icicle - Cold Revenge >> Jubei - Patience came and I changed my mind! Favourite mix in there, and it's been a while since the last time I heard Patience in a mix. Good to hear it again!

Cheers mate :)

Thanks for listening Norwax! Glad you liked the idea & the bits you mentioned.
Bit minimal feedback, but some is better than none I suppose :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom