Rifine 10 Inch DnB Mix August 2012

The Watcha

VIP Junglist

As my collection of 10" vinyls has been steadily growing for the past few years, I though it would be a good way to show my appreciation to the labels pressing these records by making an entire mix just from them. Granted that Dispatch Recordings & Critical Recordings have their own sister labels that are complete runs of 10"s, but other labels are getting in on the novelty of them as well. There are a couple of straight switches in there & a few of the tunes have been mixed from the drop in some cases, as the intro's have a section where there is no / hardly any beat, but this is how I mix them, either like it or lump it (& if this gets your goat, please write the artist involved). I felt the mix went well & I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I did mixing it.

http://dnbshare.com/download/Rifine_10_Inch_DnB_Mix_25-08-12.mp3.html

Tracklist:-

Tokyo Prose & FIS - The Dares (Samurai Horo)
Genotype - Champion Dubkiller (Exit Records)
Skeptical & MC Focus - Structure (Dispatch Limited)
Hybris - The Blinds (Dispatch Limited)
Judda - Pressure Plate (Modulations)
Enei - Obsession (Foreign Concept rmx) (Critical / Fabric)
Vicious Circle & Jubei - Cloak & Dagger (Modulations)
Loxy & Resound - League Of Shadows (Samurai Music)
Genotype - Ritual Dance (Exit Records)
Ant TC1 - Mode Destruction (Dispatch Limited)
June Miller - Snapcase (Modulations)
Nickbee - Carpe Diem (Dispatch Limited)
Emperor - Monolith (Modulations)
Foreign Concept - Mob Justice (Enei rmx) (Critical / Fabric)
Vicious Circle & Jubei - Deliberate (Modulations)
Genotype & Loxy - The Ital Lion (Exit Records)
DBR - Fortress vip (Dispatch Limited)
Alix Perez - 1984 (Shogun Audio)
Instramental - End Credits (Non Plus Limited)
Instramental - Scene 3 (Exit Records)
Alix Perez & Zero T - Suffer In Silence (Shogun Audio)
Blackpocket - Ur A Sta (dBridge rmx) (Fat City Recordings)

Any feedback is greatly appreciated as always

i really enjoyed this man i have to say, mixing was tight throughout and a lot of big tunes

i think it was the section around 1984 i enjoyed most! keep it up man

Thanks guys

i really enjoyed this man i have to say, mixing was tight throughout and a lot of big tunes

i think it was the section around 1984 i enjoyed most! keep it up man

Cheers jwood! Will do. Thought you might have liked that section as I know you are fond of those kinda tunes :)

nice idea for a mix mate. will peep this.
some of the best and most obscure tracks gets pressed to 10 inch.
remind me if i dont come back to on this man.

Listened to the first half on my way to work today mate and sounding sweet as. Love the mixing and it all fits together nicely. Definate keeper me thinks!

how the fuck did I miss this?!!? TL is right up my street.

Literally listening through the last couple of mixes.

Generally this part is my favourite - just because of the sheer amount of riddims.

Genotype - Ritual Dance (Exit Records)
Ant TC1 - Mode Destruction (Dispatch Limited)
June Miller - Snapcase (Modulations)
Nickbee - Carpe Diem (Dispatch Limited)
Emperor - Monolith (Modulations)
Foreign Concept - Mob Justice (Enei rmx) (Critical / Fabric)
Vicious Circle & Jubei - Deliberate (Modulations)
Genotype & Loxy - The Ital Lion (Exit Records)
DBR - Fortress vip (Dispatch Limited)
Alix Perez - 1984 (Shogun Audio)
Instramental - End Credits (Non Plus Limited)
Instramental - Scene 3 (Exit Records)
Alix Perez & Zero T - Suffer In Silence (Shogun Audio)
Blackpocket - Ur A Sta (dBridge rmx) (Fat City Recordings)

Virtually the whole TL haha...havent been that hyped over a mix in ages.

Mixing was tight...thought it had quite a good flow tbh.
And anything with Fortress VIP is a win for me.

:2thumbs: clever idea this mix. big up yourself.

TL is right up my street.

Generally this part is my favourite - just because of the sheer amount of riddims.

Virtually the whole TL haha...havent been that hyped over a mix in ages.

Mixing was tight...thought it had quite a good flow tbh.
And anything with Fortress VIP is a win for me.

:2thumbs: clever idea this mix. big up yourself.

Thanks for the kind words hyperd4eva & stusmith! :) Glad you like it. That part in bold has made my day

Great idea for a mix mate, really enjoyed it throughout. This also serves as a great proof of what gems are being released on offshoot labels, often putting their "bigger sisters" to shame. Technically it was top notch all the way except for that little slip when The Blinds kicked in, but you've managed to fix it pretty soon (still a bit of a let down personally, because this blend was fucking insane, love both of those tunes). Intro set the mood nicely and I liked the overall flow of the mix, sounded very natural. It's hard to point out any particular section as I loved pretty much the whole mix, but if I had to pick a few favourites, then it has to be The Blinds >> Pressure Plate, Mode Destruction >> Snapcase (I've lost my shit there, this one is really nuts) and Mob Justice (Enei Remix) >> Deliberate (fucking hell on earth yet again). I've really enjoyed that a bit more chilled closing section from 1984 to the very end, suited the mood of the mix nicely. Too bad Instramental have quit doing dnb and I really hope for something similar on the new Alix Perez LP next year. Great mix man, well done! :)

Great idea for a mix mate, really enjoyed it throughout. This also serves as a great proof of what gems are being released on offshoot labels, often putting their "bigger sisters" to shame. Technically it was top notch all the way except for that little slip when The Blinds kicked in, but you've managed to fix it pretty soon (still a bit of a let down personally, because this blend was fucking insane, love both of those tunes). Intro set the mood nicely and I liked the overall flow of the mix, sounded very natural. It's hard to point out any particular section as I loved pretty much the whole mix, but if I had to pick a few favourites, then it has to be The Blinds >> Pressure Plate, Mode Destruction >> Snapcase (I've lost my shit there, this one is really nuts) and Mob Justice (Enei Remix) >> Deliberate (fucking hell on earth yet again). I've really enjoyed that a bit more chilled closing section from 1984 to the very end, suited the mood of the mix nicely. Too bad Instramental have quit doing dnb and I really hope for something similar on the new Alix Perez LP next year. Great mix man, well done! :)

Cheers Fallen Gemini! There might have been a little tweak where you mentioned, but I struggled to hear it when I proof listened to it the first time after recording it. I thought Mode Destruction >> Snapcase was a wicked mix too, as I'd not tried it in mixes when recording round a friends or before recording this + Mob Justice (Enei Remix) >> Deliberate felt as if it could have run away at any moment, so had to be really on that when it came in. Tried to set the mix to have a start, middle & end section to suit the tunes I had available. Really pleased you liked it & thanks for the compliment on the idea :)

just got round to this.
loved it mate. selection was right up my street, mixing was good too.
limited by your theme selection but still managed to find some gems that worked really well with each other.
my favourite bit was 1984 & end credits.

only thing i would say tho is there is too much bass on bass action for some of the mixes.
i think with a bit of subtractive bass eq they would have sounded just that bit cleaner.
for example the following mixes could have done with a lil less bass:
pressure plate > obsession
cloak and dagger > league of shadows
ritual dance > mode destruction
mode justise > delibrate
ital lion > fortress

nothing major imo, just would have sounded more clean and crisp losing a bit of bass eq.

first mix ive heard from u man and really impressed. look forward to more.

Back
Top Bottom