Rido & Counterstrike - Let It Roll

I've just listened through this yesterday and posted this on another forum, epic showcase (case in point being made) of why is the nowadays "neuro" so fucked up. Every single fucking tune sounds so bland and mediocre, you listen to the first clip and by the time you're listening to third, you can't remember what the first sounded like...until you play the fourth and it sounds exactly the same. Only Agressor Bunx and Mind Vortex tunes sound a bit (and I mean really just a bit) different. Utter gash.

I agree if you replace neuro with that skeptical / dub phizix sound. different things stick out to different people i guess. i appreciate most new (major-ish) neuro (besides anything bse or state of mind have done in the last 5 years) and find the small differences intricate as opposed to bland, but each to their own I guess. I really liked the rido/counterstrike thing

Then again what mind vortex does is more it's own sub-sub-sub genre as opposed to 'neuro'

I've just listened through this yesterday and posted this on another forum, epic showcase (case in point being made) of why is the nowadays "neuro" so fucked up. Every single fucking tune sounds so bland and mediocre, you listen to the first clip and by the time you're listening to third, you can't remember what the first sounded like...until you play the fourth and it sounds exactly the same. Only Agressor Bunx and Mind Vortex tunes sound a bit (and I mean really just a bit) different. Utter gash.
Glad to see somebody is thinking the same thing as me... the Mind Vortex tune wasn't that good but the Agressor Bunx was the most memorable out of the batch

Mefjus, Emperor, InsideInfo, Hybris, The Upbeats, Noisia, Audio, Gridlok, Optiv & BTK are pretty much the only really good, creative neuro producers nowadays imo, anyone else other than that group is just okay

Mefjus, Emperor, InsideInfo, Hybris, The Upbeats, Noisia, Audio, Gridlok, Optiv & BTK are pretty much the only really good, creative neuro producers nowadays imo, anyone else other than that group is just okay
Audio has gone downhill since he was signed to RAM IMO

There are a lot more good and creative "neuro" producers out there. But they are all usally pushing out music I don't like, those names listed above included. InsideInfo (especially when he works alone) and Gridlok are the exceptions here, they rarely produce some boring, same sounding shit. Hybris is in a league of his own and Audio can do an occasional banger from time to time as well. Not really feeling the direction the rest have taken in the last years.

Audio was never up the hill even before he joined RAM imo

He was definitely up the hill by the time of his first album and Subtitles releases, even his initial Virus releases were pretty damn good if you ask me. Since 2010/2011 he's started to produce more upfront stuff though, I'm missing the evil roughness and mysterious sci-fi/horror feeling of his old tunes.

He was definitely up the hill by the time of his first album and Subtitles releases, even his initial Virus releases were pretty damn good if you ask me. Since 2010/2011 he's started to produce more upfront stuff though, I'm missing the evil roughness and mysterious sci-fi/horror feeling of his old tunes.

Stuff like this?

and this

Power of fear is awesome, on a similar note subtitles has really changed direction too. Used to be easily my favourite record label, those days are long gone now though

Back
Top Bottom