[ Richie Stix ] - Speed Rappin // reggae up-beat jump up

turn the bass up! n some clearer hats, sounds quite airy at times. good use of the vocal man, main synth sounds pretty loud

The intro was alright, left me wondering what magic was about to drop. When it came it was a tad disappointing (sorry), sounded a little forced. Lacked energy and zest. I am a bit drunk so excuse me if I'm wrong. I must say I'm enjoying Peanut Butter while I type this.

cheers for the comments guys... was working from my cans when i was mixing this one down, eq'd out too much of the bottom end of the main synth, and added to much round the 1-3khz mark, think thats why it sounds too loud, and the bass like it needs to be turned up? can hear what you mean now, might take some reverb of the hats too?

haha :D missed this. on it now.

that vocal is sick, imho you should start with a more reggaelike beat tho (serial killaz like :D) and add some sirens or something like that.
imho the main beat needs a lot of work. like the bass sound and riff, but somehow a nice thrive is missing, should be more straightforward skanking business.

not on monitors atm, so cant really comment on the mixdown, sounds pretty fine over here tho.

likin it man.
im only lisnin on mylaptop speakers at the moment so cant really comment on the mix but ill have a listen later on my speakers.
evrything seems to sound ok tho.
nice one!

cheers mate... yeah, this is still the first draft! so drums need lots more layers thats fo sho.... good shout on the horns too, just found some more samples last nite so will try and incorporate them!?

been toying with the idea of the halfstep beat for the intro... just gotta try it out! and what do you mean by a nice 'thrive' is missing?

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

i might also do a downtempo mix of this... serial killers style ya get me? just using the bass from the original track with my beats over the top!

with thrive i meant that the bass sounds like its proper tearing it up, and the beats just loop by, they seem to lack the speed and power the bassriff has.

ah.. thanks dude! that is a problem i am battling with! i'm trying to keep the drums minimal(ish) but that seems to rob them of their presence? i'll up the latest one over the weekend, deepend the low-mids on the bass too!

Back
Top Bottom