[ richie stix ] - scorpion

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist

easy peeps, been some time since i upped some tunes! been keeping most stuff on lock, but i think i need help with this tune!

the intro and beat (beat patternwise) I'm quite happy with, but this bline i just cant seem to wrangle into shape... maybe its just me!?

anyways, look forward to hearing peoples suggestions for improvements!

:2thumbs:

Last edited:
i agree matey, now listening to it away from da studio i think i need to turn the b-line down by .5-1 db and the sub up by a similar amount! (y)

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

also think i'm going to sample out the kick and the snare drum from the intro break and use the kick exclusivly as the kick in the tune... and add the snare to the current one to give the drums more of a metalic sound!

Ya need to bring all the main elements forward in the mix a bit. When the pads and atmospheric stuff comes in, everything else gets lost.

Yeah... mids of the bass need to go down a tad and the sub needs to come RIGHT up. I can barely hear it.

Mixdown issues aside..
Fackin loving it!

When we gonna do a collab? :teeth:

safe guys... i've added in another layer to the subbass... really humps it out now! hopefully sorted those mixdown issues too... all thats left is to sprinkle on some sfx and roberts your fathers brother (y)

nice work man! bass is lacking a little, although I can hear it all, I recon probly just a little to much goin on in the mid-range, perhaps squashing the low end out @ the compression, mayb a few notches will help. still tho, its fat! nice

nice work man! bass is lacking a little, although I can hear it all, I recon probly just a little to much goin on in the mid-range, perhaps squashing the low end out @ the compression, mayb a few notches will help. still tho, its fat! nice

cheers mate, agree with what you and most people have said... i'll stick up the latest version over the weekend, its sounding hench :D took out some of the mids, boosted the lows and highs on the bass, and genrally brought the mix in line (y)

likin this mate love all the fx an stuff bass is sick too
but ur a cunt i was makin a tune with those scorpion samples in!lol

nice tune so far man yea just low need work i like this tune rompy kinda jump up sick stuff man just bring that sub bass boom

likin this mate love all the fx an stuff bass is sick too
but ur a cunt i was makin a tune with those scorpion samples in!lol

middle_finger.png

:teeth:

Stompin man i'm feeling them drums!

Heavy bass sounds aswell man @ 1:28 it does the job nicely ;)

Gets a little masked by all the vocal fx and odd bits at points, but i like all the fx you got going on. Look forward to hearing the final version ;)

Back
Top Bottom