Richie Stix - Scarface // tearing wobbler

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by richie_stix, Mar 9, 2010.

1. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

http://soundcloud.com/richie_stix

second one down on the profile... titled scarface.

WIP as my computer is so old and knackered that i can't handle all the tracks at once, so mixdown has been trial and error... couple that with no monitors and you can understand why things might sound a bit wierd?!

would love some feedback, and some advice to get it 'louder' would be appreciated too!

:not_worth

2. krease

krease Member

sickess mr stix productions are big! yeah cant fault this tune to be honest and im trying to find them!!

respect

320?:wave:

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

cheers bro... was expecting 'muddy mid end', 'needs compression' etc but seems to be a glowing report! :D

this tune may or may not be a digi release in the near future, if it doesn't go then sure, 320 for you my friend! ;)

4. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

nice use of the vocal, fits perfect. nice mid sound, sounds not muddy at my end at all. only think id are that drums could be a lil bit louder, that midrange is overpowering them sometimes.

nice variations and changes on the sounds and melody, flowing really nice!! wish i could do that.

big ups mr stix!! youre getting there!

5. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

nice one mate! drums could be a bit louder... need to play with the compression on them me thinks?

6. T Leaf

T Leaf Neighbourhood Sickhead

muddy mid end...

...needs compression...

lol j/k its fine,

In all honesty Duck Compression on the drums will be one of the only ways to make the drums louder, as this is a pretty wide and well balanced mix, consider not worrying too much about any extra loudness.
    its already very compressed during the main part so you wont dig much more from it.

this one is really nice and clear mate. I Don't even see the drums as being quiet. But its all down to taste in the end right? If you really want to you might add some 300hz - 600hz meat with simple psychoacoustic and wide EQ work. gun shot could be punchier though ;)

Keep up like this mate, its a fine track. It smells a bit like DJ Hazards Machete if you get what i mean. This is a good thing though!

biguppages

7. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

cheers bro... actually believed you at first when you mentioned muddy mid end!

thanks for the tips... but what do you mean her ' 300hz - 600hz meat with simple psychoacoustic and wide EQ work'?

kick needs to punch through a touch more, on a bassy system it's fine, but on a weaker one it gets drowned out? subtle eq and compression should do the trick then?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  8. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

9. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  10. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

this tune is hella cheesy...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  11. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

whaaaaaaaaat?

12. Catsel

THIS TUNE IS FUCKING CHEESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

need any more clarification?? this is why people don't feedback!

13. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Wow.....Time of the month huh?

Seriously, was there any need for that outburst? By looking at Richie's "whaaaaat" comment it's pretty clear he wasnt being rude toward you, it was probably just meant in lighthearted banter. Then you go and get all period like and Nob off!

And from what I've seen, people give plenty of feedback. Maybe next time, if you think it's cheesy, why not try to be a little constructive and explain why you think it's cheesy.

14. Catsel

yanno when someone is so annoying, than if they say one word u'll go mental?

yea....

i was tryna be helpful, in my original post, but mr stix just took the piss imo.

15. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I fail to see how "this tune is hella cheesy" is helpful in any way, without comments explaining what makes it cheesy.

Anyway, this is nothing to do with me so I'm not getting involved anymore than this.

16. LIQUID ONE

LIQUID ONE New Member

wow sick fucking tracks man u get better and better