[ richie stix ] - robot monster

heavy. the background effects are tasty, the beat pattern is nasty! but i thought the drums really need to be more punchier in the EQ and compression dpt.

Yeah nice idea. The drums aren't there yet. The over-all sound seems quite mid dominated. Might need a bit more low end thud and whack for me.

Another filthy monster you got there Richie me ol mucka!

I'd love to know where you find all your vocal samples from! *wink wink*

youtube bud! i was really bored at work one day so spent a whole afternoon sampling horror film trailers... just gotta flick through the 'related videos' to find real random stuff!?

(y)

add some more low end mate. Also the drums need some work, but yeh im sure it will come along nicely.

How do you record them to a sample from youtube?

any sound recorder should do the trick... i personally use soundbooth but a common free option is audacity? anyway, just set the recording option to have stereo mix enabled and boom!

dunno how i dint see this one.
proper feelin the bass on this one mate its fuckin filthy
lovin all the fx aswell mate done really well.
not really much to criticise mate

dunno how i dint see this one.
proper feelin the bass on this one mate its fuckin filthy
lovin all the fx aswell mate done really well.
not really much to criticise mate

probably cos it came up like a day after reefer madness... and they both are R M words! :D

thanks mate (y)

Great intro - love the samples, is it war of the worlds? that mid bass squelch is a properly overused sample though innit? apologies if it is an original synth.
is there sub bass on it? gimme a low pass sine wave, come on ;)

Great intro - love the samples, is it war of the worlds? that mid bass squelch is a properly overused sample though innit? apologies if it is an original synth.
is there sub bass on it? gimme a low pass sine wave, come on ;)

yep... original synth! and plenty of sine under it too? i think its wierd everyone is saying there aint a low end to this tune... whats everyone listening to it on? the sub is hittin around the 40-50hz range from memory?

samples are from... dun dun dah, robot monster IN 3D!

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:53 ----------

also dutty monster... any chance you could point me in the direction of some tunes using a similar synth, just to satisfy my curiosity? cheers bud for the feedback (y)

it's sounds very similar to the 'grinder' sample from the 'anti-bass' pack a lot of people have. i think it originated from a bad company tune.
it's hear it on most new jump up productions, i could find examples, but i'm not going to. i'm impressed that it's an original synth though. good work.
yep, i can just about hear a sub if i kill the mid&high on my mixer and turn the bass right up. is it there, but it's a bit quiet.

it's sounds very similar to the 'grinder' sample from the 'anti-bass' pack a lot of people have. i think it originated from a bad company tune.
it's hear it on most new jump up productions, i could find examples, but i'm not going to. i'm impressed that it's an original synth though. good work.
yep, i can just about hear a sub if i kill the mid&high on my mixer and turn the bass right up. is it there, but it's a bit quiet.

thats the thing... i've turned the sub up to like -1dB!?

good tune this, filthy filthy bass, drums sounding crisp too. nice samples used, good fx too.

nice and dirty, good work!!

Back
Top Bottom