[ richie stix ] - robot monster

dunno, unless you've got a EQ rolling it off further up the chain? or soundcloud could just be crunching it?

dunno... all i knows is on my system and the various cars i've tried it in, its boomin :D

maybe its your monitors? as you said in that thread with your tune?

ive got Yamaha MS101/3 Compact Active Monitors. they are fairly accurate, just that unless you have a sub you
won't get the true freq's of the bottom end.

maybe it needs more mid range bass then? the bass just has no presence for me, a massive gap between the raspy bass synth
and the very low sub. i would have said that for most tracks in this genre that mid range bass space is the most important, to get
that real dance floor feel.

sorry man, i'm not trying to dig it out. i think the reason i'm taking an interest is because it has so much potential.

ive got Yamaha MS101/3 Compact Active Monitors. they are fairly accurate, just that unless you have a sub you
won't get the true freq's of the bottom end.

maybe it needs more mid range bass then? the bass just has no presence for me, a massive gap between the raspy bass synth
and the very low sub. i would have said that for most tracks in this genre that mid range bass space is the most important, to get
that real dance floor feel.

sorry man, i'm not trying to dig it out. i think the reason i'm taking an interest is because it has so much potential.

yes mate... think that might just be it! the rspy sound is rolled off quite high because the distortion was horrible round the 100-250hz space!

on it...

snare defo still need some work. apart from that its stomping. and i really like the FX aswell.

big ups! rude tune.

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

yes mate... think that might just be it! the rspy sound is rolled off quite high because the distortion was horrible round the 100-250hz space!

on it...

maybe just layer a clean saw underneath with some distortion and a sharp envelope?

snare defo still need some work. apart from that its stomping. and i really like the FX aswell.

big ups! rude tune.

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

maybe just layer a clean saw underneath with some distortion and a sharp envelope?

cheers bro... the bloody snare is pissing me off, i cant get it as hench as the kick! i even tried adding a pitched up kick in there to add the oomph, but nuttin is workin!

as for the low mids, just going to duplicate the synths and take off the fx and and eq it to give the bottom end it needs.

Back
Top Bottom