[ Richie Stix ] - Reptile - very much WIP

quite like it mate nice dirty little roller.
oh an u cunt i was samplin parts from that mortal kombat thing!lol

as soon as i saw that i was straight on it... got a scorpion one going on too!

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 ----------

listening back to this on my work headphones... sounds like the vocal is too quiet?

also, i added that stabby sound right at the begining of the hook, comes in round 2.10... not sure if i like, opinions?

onit

yeah id say the vocal needs to come up a bit cant make it out properly

not a massive fan of the bassline

the sub sounds out of tune slightly though with the wobbly raspy part? might jus be me though haha

the sound that comes in aroudn 2:00 mark is kool

onit

yeah id say the vocal needs to come up a bit cant make it out properly

not a massive fan of the bassline

the sub sounds out of tune slightly though with the wobbly raspy part? might jus be me though haha

the sound that comes in aroudn 2:00 mark is kool

your right about the sub... it's really frustrating me! it needs to be a notch or two lower (i think) but doint that robs it off some impact as it slips down below 40hz... this tune was made on cans too, very late each nite and whilst very stoned! so mixdown will come on round two!

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

oh, when you say not a massive fan... personal preference or tchnical ting?

Another top notch piece from you my friend. If I may contribute a little input on the bass conversation going on here.......

My thoughts would be instead of lowering the sub a notch or two (if it robs from the punchiness of it) maybe try raising the raspy wobble a notch or two instead????........just a bit of a wild card idea?

all interesting ideas... what i will probably do is when i get nearer the end, bounce the sub and lead bass to audio and then fiddle around with the pitch to match them up (more control with audio in ableton than i have over my synths!)

Sick tune mate, Vocal could still do wit coming up a bit, it seems to get lost in everything else in parts.

Overall though very nice! Big Up.

agree for sure... when i first wrote the track the vocals were at the same level as now, obviously beefing the rest of the tune up has drowned them out!

Back
Top Bottom