[ Richie Stix ] - Plan 9

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by richie_stix, May 22, 2010.

1. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

http://soundcloud.com/richie_stix/richie-stix-plan-9 - latest things i have been working on... let me know how it's sounding out there...

also check out my other tracks if you haven't before ;)

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

still haven't figured out the switch up for the second drop yet :confused:

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Intro is sounding big.

Drums sound fine. Bass could be a fraction louder. ?

Sounds good over-all, if I was going to call it great I'd want a bit more variation on the bass work.

Nice one.

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

thanks mate... definatley agree on the variation, especailly for the second drop

4. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Dude I'm still trying to figure out how you create those bass sounds......it's killing me! I need you to write me a step by step lol!

Sounding great again Richie, better than your last piece. I agree that some bass variation would be welcomed

5. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

welll....

[​IMG]

sums it up mate!

6. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

sounds pretty good man. bass sounds pretty grimey.. drums sound real snappy but im not sure if a heavier more filled snare would work?! as snare is a bit weak but it still works.
    just more variation id say!

7. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

god damn variation... second to getting enough punch in my kicks, this is my biggest problem!

any suggestions, cos in this tune i switch up the melody over 2 16's and then repeat with different sounds?

oh and cheers eves, snare is anoying me! want to get an old school metalic sounding one going on but can't get it right!

8. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Try pitching a snare down, adding some reverb, then resampling it, and cutting the tail end off slightly (maybe)

9. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

cheers bro... you know that sound i mean.. sorta goes 'do do tang' (kick and snare)

---------- Post added at 21:34 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

like 'badass'

10. spung3

spung3 Member

11. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

bangin tune mate, well impressed, beat sounds phat. ur bass sounds are crisp. love that dirty womp sound. would def bring the bass up in the mix. bigups nice sound!

12. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

yeah, got ya mate! a wampy/wompy sorta sound to replace the growly first 4 notes or something ;) nice

13. H*product

H*product Heavyweight product

yea i recon this. its not really my taste but giving the bass pattern more different noises works well. productions good standard

14. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

15. d.o.b

d.o.b I've been naughty, I'm banned

your second best thing after peanut butter tune.It have nice flow.... this tune scream at me "I need bigger number of more different wobble types!"

Make two fat different wobble sounds with different distortion and put them as short stabs into parts of tune... not too much,just to ad taste... like once every 8 bars or something like that.People will be listening bassline,expecting it would repeat with slight changes but from nowhere this monster wobble just jumps at them with high LFO amount and strong sub bass with amped up,totaly different drum patter,just for second,not long... just to get it that energy shot and make things more lively. my opinion,excelent production.... maybe its my speakers but I would put the vocals volume in the intro little bit up.

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  16. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

agree on the intro vocals... they seem fine in the DAW but quiet when outputted?