Richie Stix - Pint Sized Pikey mix

Been meaning to give this a tink since you posted it on your wall Mr Stix, so here it goes.

Not heard Nasty Ways in a while, pretty much since I gave that Hype dnb classics cd a play, but nice one for including it & it works a treat as an intro tune. I know its a quality tune & wondered why you were hunting it down on digital. The intro of Premonition builds with some Pleasure-esque style flavour, for some filthy wobbly notes & bounces nicely along with Nasty Ways. Premonition is such a quality tune, remember first hearing it & loved the dirty bass in it. Foundation brings the ravey tinge to the mix & sits well with Premonition. Foundation - Rompa Stompa fits nicely together, just not a huge fan of the 2nd 16 bars of each section in Rompa Stompa. Nice to see some of your personal bits making their way into the mix. Not heard Declare War before & it is reminiscent of some old melodic jump with a skippy beat.

Nice work including Infinite too. First set I've actually heard it in apart from some snippets off youboob & still got to put that it reminds me of the Month Series Leo B, but brought up to date like only Konichi knows how. Outlaw vip is a wicked tune, but got to say I much prefer the original. Both are quality though. Problem is mildly scatty & bounces on point with Outlaw vip. Been wondering what Typical Earth was for a while, if you've been playing it some recent sets / if its been making its way in the Monday Night Massacre's of recent months? Its A Pity winds down the mix with some vocal goodness.

Not been mixing on a jump up tip in ages, probably a good year, but this was a good listen. Ez

Back
Top Bottom