[ richie stix ] - majic man remix!!!

S'alright mate... i think because the drums are fairly minimal, it sorta loses pace when it drops... maybe a stuttered synth or summing under neath

I think the bass that comes in at 1.24 would be better to use than the main synth you hav only cos it keeps the pace up...

great work so far though mate!

Could just be im missing it, but seems to be lacking in the low end. Would try adding a lo bass track to it and maybe layer in a break here and there to pick the drums up once in a while.
Good sounds and idea though dude, hope you do well. :)

dag nabit! just had a listen to this on my work sennis, and it seems so weak! proper pissed off, sounds hench at home on my cans and system :/ back to the drawing board for me :(

dag nabit! just had a listen to this on my work sennis, and it seems so weak! proper pissed off, sounds hench at home on my cans and system :/ back to the drawing board for me :(

yea i hate wen that happens
ur proper bustin out to it on ur speakers then on headphones sounds like a child made it!lol

what the fuck! just listened to this tune in my DAW, sounds lush and phat... on soundcloud, weaker than shandy!? FFFFUUU

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

its the damn DAW>wav>mp3 i think... hmm :/

i think if you want those cruncy sharp drums, you've gotta fill it up some more, if you used bigger (longer tails) and less crunchy drums, then you could get away with the more minimal patterns you've used, would work really well with the bass imo, but of course would change the sound a fair bit

i'd layer in a few extra fills, get the gaps between the snares filled out some more, either that or change the drum kit to sumthing a bit smoother n more verby, could go either way i guess

was hoping for something more like this drum wise, struggling to get it though =/

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds pretty close to me, except the shakers either side of the snare, personal pref on sound i guess, i think the little fills/rolls may be to full sounding to carry the minimalness of the break, i guess filtering them up a bit, before dropping back into the break might help, coz the fill shouldnt sound bigger than the break? if that makes sense...

cheers mizt... will have a crack at filling out the drums without actually adding too much to the drums :D

new version up... got MOAR fx, drums and other little bits of interest now... it hasnt got more WOLOLO, much to many peoples dismay!

yeah i like this alot could do with some more fills in places and turn the bass up alittle thats just my opinion but yeah i like :) nearly finished mine aswell ;)

Back
Top Bottom