[ Richie Stix ] - Cannibal Ferox // jump up roller

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by richie_stix, Apr 5, 2010.

1. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

cooked this bad boy up over the bank holiday weekend... hours spent on this aint even in double figures so just looking for opinions and the obvious feedback!

top one in the player! :not_worth

http://soundcloud.com/richie_stix

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Again, your bass is sick! Great build on the intro too, nice vocal sample. I think the bass could be a little more varied after a while as it gets a bit monotonous, but apart from that, another top track from your good self! :)

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

saaaafe mr fletch... encouraging words! comments taken on board...

tune is still in early days though... gotta work out better drums for 8/16/32 bars and switch up the melody abit for afore mentioned timings, few more compositional tweeks and that!

4. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Word.... I hear ya. Good work so far tho! Wish I could come up with something.... Going through a dry spell at the mo. Nothings sounding good lol!

5. theecoman

theecoman New Member

Ez!, Like your Trax mate, was wondering from what/where did u find the drum samples on nazi business
    cheers.
    ecoman

6. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

err... good question mate! various places i think, got so many random samples i tend to loose track! however, a good core of the samples most likely came from the Danny Byrd sample pack - http://www.loopmasters.com/product/details/144 he's a tosser but his samples are pretty decent! also some 'vengence' too most likely?

7. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

any more for anymore? would really like to hear peoples opinions on how to progress this one further, have a feeling it has masses of potential just waiting to be unlocked?

8. DJError

DJError AKA Error

sounds sick mate. gets a bit repetitive though, maybe alter the bass sound a bit after the second drop?

that long envelope bass sound you made sounds sick, not to fond of the bass stabs you used though but thats just down to personal opinions obviously.

sick tune though man

9. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

cheers for the kind words mate... more than aware that it is ultimately repatative, but thats cos it's just a few hours work!

next on the cards is to vary the beat and the b-lines up... got another sytnth to switch the style up with too, similar to the long note... something to give it vareity.

10. Stiffer

Stiffer Member

nice intro strings sound lush! nice vocal sample too.. now if you could use those techniques to make liquid...:)
    haha its a phat drop but it gets a touch repetitive and think it could benefit from a bass switch, or a 16 bar bridge with just the sub strings and vox before tearing back out
    this is purely my opinion though

mix sounds good and overall its a good tune so
    well done

11. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

boost the mid highs of these drums (at least for kick and snare) do it.
    hit me up when you finish this for a remix, i will take this to the dark side :mad:
    good choon, I would have liked to hear more wobs and yoy's, now you have to work on the drums a bit more
    4/5 :)

12. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

sounds very interesting... wont be for a while, working up in london so only get about 2 hours a week to work on tunes :(

there will be more soon ;)

13. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

dont know richie. what do you think about it? think id rather comment on it when its done actually cos right now i dont have anything very encouraging to say about it at all.

14. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

well, i really like it to be honest and (as my previous posts state) i think it has bags of potential that just need realising...

well then, tell me something un-encouraging so i can work on it!

15. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

well i think the beats sound weak and rickety and the bassline lacks movement. but scarface is fat ass tune so i have no doubt you can carve something good out of this

16. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

saaaaafe logikz...

17. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

i agree wiht logikz, the beats are soundin very weak in comparision with the mean bassline that is over em. bassline cud be tweaked a bit but i like it a lot.
    intro and all sounds alright u just need to work on them drums more than anything.
    sounding good tho mate