Richie Brains

Sicx

VIP Junglist
Sooo as everyone knows the Who is Richie Brains thing has been floating about for a while, launch party soon, LP up on Exit, etc etc.

More importantly who's liking the tunes, and who do you think is actually behind it.
A lot of people saying Perez and Fixate, also heard Fracture, Stray, Sam Binga, J:Kenzo, Om Unit, Chimpo, Skeptical and someone even said Boddika
Personally I reckon Fracture/Dawn Day Night is heavily involved, that Tantrum tune in Skepticals new fabric mix has really similar growls from a lot of Dawn Day Night stuff (big booty girls)

99% certain at least one of ^^^ those producers are involved, but does no one else think it's abit pointless making tunes in the same style as you usually make, under a different name... usually alias' are thought up because of a genre switch...

I think its more a collective thing...not just one producer, although definitely more than one but in different combinations...

There's about 6 tunes I've heard so far credited to Richie Brains, if you search around you can find audio as s mixcut of them.

One of the tunes, Buss It, sounds unmistakably Fixate, so I'd say Fixate is definitely involved in some way.

Here a clip of it http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/records/n3j2gr (y)

Perez, Fixate, Fracture, Stray, Sam Binga, J:Kenzo, Om Unit, Chimpo, Skeptical, Boddika

I agree on the collective thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it was most of the above list TBH.

Only thing I can add is that Om Unit chucked Richie Brains stickers at the crowd in Auckland on the weekend so could mean he's involved.

99% certain at least one of ^^^ those producers are involved, but does no one else think it's abit pointless making tunes in the same style as you usually make, under a different name... usually alias' are thought up because of a genre switch...

I did think this, but then it's just a hype train thing imo. Nothing really different but easier to market and sell if the packaging is fresh and exciting.

It worries me how many times I've watched that. Every time I see it I press play out of sheer curiosity. Surely it can't be as shit as I remember it? Can it? OMG it's even worse than I remember. Jesus christ. I can't look away. Fuck. It's ended. I've done it again.

It worries me how many times I've watched that. Every time I see it I press play out of sheer curiosity. Surely it can't be as shit as I remember it? Can it? OMG it's even worse than I remember. Jesus christ. I can't look away. Fuck. It's ended. I've done it again.

I do this as well, I know it's going to be awful but listening to it makes everything else i listen to that day seem musical and great.

tbh with the response that dawn wall got i wouldnt be surprised if we see this a lot more

I was about to do it again then saw your post. Swerved

I've heard it was sly, trigga and devilman, he is the drum and bass father after all!

definitely got that Richie brains sound ....... :teeth:

I do this as well, I know it's going to be awful but listening to it makes everything else i listen to that day seem musical and great.

I was about to do it again then saw your post. Swerved

Brex the guinea pig :violin:

i love that the main hook in this is one of my samples.

Get ready to ride the tailcoat of fame.

What the fuck have I just watched? It was that shite I found myself looking at the curtains in the background and zoning out.

Back
Top Bottom