Rice Krispy Sanres

Discussion in 'Production' started by RevTech, Feb 3, 2013.

1. RevTech

RevTech Butthole=output transduce

Snap crackle and pop... let's discuss how we get these things on the snares

The get the snap I really make sure the mid range of the snare is tight and compressed well, I've just noticed how much a difference it makes. Certain frequencies being boosted before compression also really is a nice thing

Crackle, I've duplicated the high frequencys and added chorus on them before, with some tape exciters and whatnot added on. Adding a short vinyl sample is quite nice too

Pop, I make sure the main frequency 1/3 octave really cuts through (I runn a bandpass filter through and find where it cuts though the most and cut there on other instruments or multiband sidechain)

2. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

crackle - i use a layer of white noise for my crackle, but its dependent on ur style i prefer heavier jump up style drums on my works... also the distortion at when your bringing it all together

pop - usually a rim or heavy hat

snap - same...

3. spyre

spyre sample all the things

u wot m8

I usually do a light distortion on the drums, multiband compression is a good idea for snares btw

4. Full Dosage

Full Dosage Member

nice thread! nice tips! will be watching this one... time to take my snares on another level :gslayer: thanks guys