Rhino - Feedback on arrangement/mixdown

davidrb

Hey,

I've been learning to produce for a while now and have got into the habit of creating loops but getting stuck when trying to flesh them out into full tracks and starting something else instead. So I recently decided to focus on one track at a time and get it "finished" before starting another.

This is the first track to get to that point and I would appreciate any feedback from you guys, specifically on the arrangement and mixdown.

The embeded player doesn't seem to be working with the private share link so try here instead
soundcloud.com/david-b-dnb/rhino/s-RUuCq

Thanks!

The bass could be a little more in your face - especially in the mids. Could also use some cymbals crashing every now and then too smooth off transitions. Like the vibe of this though man - look forward to hearing more. Fairplay for getting past the 16 bar loop problem - its a bastard eh?!

Thanks for having a listen! Glad to hear that you guys are liking the vibe. Definitely agree about the bass needing to be more upfront in the mix. I reckon it needs a bit more variation as well, I might try automating the dry/wet on an fx chain as the track progresses. And yeah some crashes could help smooth the transitions.

Just need to try and find some time to properly finish it off!

Back
Top Bottom