Drum & Bass REZALOOT - UNITY one of many soon to come your way

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Jayo, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Jayo

Jayo New Member

Whatch this space

Homegrown dnb mix to come in the next 24hrs featuring involve

2. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

No offence man but you need to stop expecting this forum to be a place where we all say 'nice work' and follow your soundcloud.
    We're all here to learn and share info, I hope you'll join us... there are some better producers in here than you and maybe you could pick up some tips that you can use.

As for the tune:
    Top tune is pretty well produced, nothing technically I can criticize.

Sub line is clear but a bit boring, I want more rhythm and variety in notes.
    The arrangement is... not sure how to describe this it's a bit of a tricky concept... directionless? There are lots of elements but nothing central that it's based around, and there's almost too many things happening at once which makes it hard to pay attention to any one of them. It's also a bit loopy, I think it would benefit from some longer phrases, if that makes sense... most of the elements are one or two bar loops, it would be better if it has some 4 or 8 bar phrases. Also consider building ideas between different instruments, call and response, that kind of thing.

Hope some of that makes sense and I don't come across as too harsh...

3. Jayo

Jayo New Member

I compleatly agree with you mate im new to this forum game and only just getting my head round how things roll around here.

I also compleatly agree with you on what you said about the tune i.e tricky concept, loopy and the fact that there is alot of better producers on here

uploaded a new mix today might give you a better idea of what we'r about

Heres the download link for you

https://we.tl/Ib5W96AtKe

peace

jayo