Rewire Question (Reason & Cubase)

dj-dusty

VIP Junglist
Ez people, i know this is prob a noob question but i have been pissing around with cubase for ages and cant figure out how to rewire the way i want to.

Basically what i want to do is use reason as my main sequencer and rewire it so cubase runs along side it so i can use other synths like massive.
Im sure it can be done so reason and cubase run along at the same time so it doesnt matter what program your in, when you press play the track will play from reason but i will be able to record synths and basslines in cubase and then bounce them down later to put into reason.

Thanks in advance

Yo,

i ever tried to rewire reason reason through cubase but not cubase through reason. Don't know if it's possible.
Can't you use cubase and rewire reason through it? i find personally that the cubase sequencer is better than the reason one.

Well what i want to do is be able to attach cubase to reason because i have a few tracks that i want to keep as they are but put some other synths to them like massive because i dont really get along with cubase like i do reason but i have made some pretty good patches in massive and would just like to be able to use massive along side reason tbh.

Also it will be a good way to get me into cubase as i will still be making tracks in reason but learnign cubase along the way, there must be a way to do it.

Ok

i tried a little search but didn't find anything in this way.
If you don't find any solution, you could maybe export the stuff you did in cubase and import it back on reason.
Hope you the best in your quest man ;)

Yeah thats what ive been doing but just thought it would be good to be able to rewire them in that way.

Cheers anyway geeza

Open cubase first, then select 'reason' in the devices tab

Open reason file up

Bobs your uncle

You can still use the reason sequencer, and use massive alongside it

Ive done that, but it when i press play it skips out the first bar of my beat in reason, very frustrating

oh you can fix that in preferences on cubase. I think its the sample rate you need to chage mate then it will work :)

Edit: Latency, thats the word i was trying to think of

eze.. may be abit late on this one.

I at first wanted to do the same.. most work in Reason and use the Daws from cubase.. thers not much point bouncing down and openin in reason.. (the nn-sampler in reason isn't that good..

Honestly in my opinion you should try writing in Reason- rewire the individual tracks from reason to the very to box (forgot what its called) so you can open the tracks seperatley on the cubase sequncer, then adding e,q compression and all the vst fx u can find for cubase to it.. it will def give u a much better sound! once happy with it record them all to ther own tracks then u can shut down reason.

they may not be very clear, im not the best with keyboard banging.. just was in the same boat with my way of working afew months ago.. i';ve fully converted to cubase.. the way you can fuck audio samples up is much more flexable than reason.. i still love reason though dont get me wrong.. she was good to me for about 3 years.. like the first bit of grumpet i layed my hands on! :)

Back
Top Bottom