Rewinds??

iamahistorian

shithead
Alright you may have guessed im not much of a junglist. So someone tell me why dj's do fucking rewinds. It ruins my whole night when a dj rewinds a song,ive heard up to 3 'winds of the same songs makes me fucking sick? Ive plenty of djs just do it for the sake of it, probasbly coz they can't do a proper mix. THe mc's have a part in it i always hear the 'calling for a rewinddd' . if i had a gun...

they do rewindz coz they can tell they crowd wants to hear the track again or just the breakdown......dont u ever wish in a techno club u get the dj to play ur fave track again? lol

Originally posted by lilmissdj
dont u ever wish in a techno club u get the dj to play ur fave track again? lol

You mean they play more than one tune on techno nights? All the ones Ive been to just seem to play one, looooooong, monotonous tune throughout the night!!! :finger:

If they can tell the crowd likes the tune then they should realise that most people want to dance to it rather than stop, then play the whole beginnig again then mix it out straight away. I mean what the fuck.
As for techno i have no need to hear a song again, sort of defaeats the point of the dj taking you on a musical journey. Plus every dj plays a slightly different style of techno so you might not get your favourite tune you just get good ones that are different from the last guy.
Thats the other thing dnb djs.They play most of the tracks the other dnb djs play ,so in one night you can hear the same song 5 times. might as well listen to the radio.

Thats why techno is the underground.
If you are musically challenged then thats what you hear but if you have an ear for it then you hear the distict difference in songs.
Thats what technos about, fucking banging,relentless music all night .

yeah, pretty much everyone spins a little bit different. and shit, back about 3 years ago, you could hear the same fucking alice deejay song (ew - think "better off alone" :cry:) at least 5 times a night at a party where i'm at (north carolina, usa). hell, one dj, fuzz, would play at least half of the album three times a week.

yeah, and like house djs are the same. one might sound like "bum bum bum bum" and another might be like "bom bom bom bom." it's totally different. and if you can't see the difference, you're just a stupid jungle cunt.

a friend of mine (who doesn't get down with dnb like we do) put it this way. he said, "drum and bass sounds like a couple of robots sitting in a room farting at eat other." think about it. but not too hard.

Originally posted by iamahistorian
Alright you may have guessed im not much of a junglist. So someone tell me why dj's do fucking rewinds. It ruins my whole night when a dj rewinds a song,ive heard up to 3 'winds of the same songs makes me fucking sick? Ive plenty of djs just do it for the sake of it, probasbly coz they can't do a proper mix. THe mc's have a part in it i always hear the 'calling for a rewinddd' . if i had a gun...

Rewinds are for the crowd, when my favourite tune comes in I want to hear it from the top. I think they are over used nowadays, mostly by DJ/producers who are just rewinding their own material. The MC's should make the crowd work for a rewind, really make some noise, not just a little whimper.

Like MC's, they are here to stay, if you don't like them stay at home.

I know Ed Rush is completely against rewinds.
I did stay at home for the last event, good job i would only have gone to see zinc.

I don't like rewinds really. Maybe one per set is OK but not 8 per set.
Main reason I don't like them is that they cut down the amount of tunes that can be played, leaving less room to add individual tracks in between the guaranteed crowd pleasers that every DJ is bound to play that night.

This is so important at big raves cos otherwise you get 8 of the same set every night.
My only beef with jungle really, it's stuck in its ways!

Techno is a totally different ballgame really tho, mixing is different and tracks are more like tools than actual tracks. A good techno DJ needs a solid set of FX and a helluva lot of tricks otherwise it will be utter shite. You can't just beatmix techno or it'll sound dull as fuck. You got more power to use filters to make your own breakdowns and your own drops, plus you can mix less regularly. Totally different style and not really comparable to dnb mixing

i dont mind em when i first hear a proper badd choon out.

example: when rider first dropped live or die :gslayer:

Originally posted by tenbellys
rewinds are good if its only like 1 or 2 per set
Andy C managed 18 in his set at the last Ram night :tut:

In his defence though it was nearly 2 hours and he played a fair few new smashers that everyone was going ballistic to :slayer:

Originally posted by iamahistorian
If they can tell the crowd likes the tune then they should realise that most people want to dance to it rather than stop, then play the whole beginnig again then mix it out straight away. I mean what the fuck.
As for techno i have no need to hear a song again, sort of defaeats the point of the dj taking you on a musical journey. Plus every dj plays a slightly different style of techno so you might not get your favourite tune you just get good ones that are different from the last guy.
Thats the other thing dnb djs.They play most of the tracks the other dnb djs play ,so in one night you can hear the same song 5 times. might as well listen to the radio.

I don't care if its not the popular view. Rewinds are wack plain and simple, they have got to go just as all of the childish egotistical people in this scene.

Originally posted by V Matt
Very funny troll boy!

Ohh please! Just because he doesn't subscribe to the popular view of rewinds doesn't make him a troll. If it does then please send me my troll costume right away so I can live under a bridge.

Originally posted by 1992
Ohh please! Just because he doesn't subscribe to the popular view of rewinds doesn't make him a troll. If it does then please send me my troll costume right away so I can live under a bridge.

:lol:

I gotta agree that rewinds can be VERY annoying as they totally interrupt the flow of the night.

IF used they should be used sparingly and ONLY when the crowd is clearly going mental for it, NOT coz the MC can't think of any other utter gibbersih to say at that point.

Back
Top Bottom