Rewinds - please help

thesunsetsdown

Alot of the Mashup Jungle I spin has rewinds in the actual songs, and I was wondering how you think they go about doing this, do you think they sample themselves doing a rewind on an different record or can you reverse a drop loop and alter the loop someway to make it sound like a rewind?

i think most of the time they just sample from another record..... but there are a few out there that must have been pressed and then sampled back into the track.

One that stands out in my memory is "Rebound" by Surreal & Parameter.... the start of the song is actually the intro of the tune being scratched and then dropped (ive attached a clip).

I think they must either of A.) Pressed the tune once it was done... then recorded the scratching onto it or B.) Scratched with the record from which the sample was originally taken.

Attachments

• surrealparam.mp3
    86.3 KB · Views: 140
Try to find
Bizzy B - Slowjam

It has this wicked bit where he samples himself pulling a break back so it plays and loops really nicely.
The song is fucking heavy too, well worth hearing

Affliction said:
I think they must either of A.) Pressed the tune once it was done... then recorded the scratching onto it or B.) Scratched with the record from which the sample was originally taken.

couldnt it be that the sample they scratched was originally on vinyl,and they sampled it for the tune, and then scratched it for the intro.huh ?.? :|

check the elab cd's they have all the rewind samples you will need. everyone uses em

the tape rewinds are particulary cool :)

if you cant find em let me know and i will post em up here.
ez

Affliction said:
yes that's exactly what i said in option B

:teeth:

**curls up in corner shaking by the force of his own stupidity**

Me options....
A) i,ve gone blind from masturbating 18888 times a day
B) Must smoke less chronic
C) Must learn English

.........................................................................................................

Last edited:
why down u get ur break u wanna rewind.....then.....put that into a wav......reverse it n then pitch bend it?wouldnt that b easier :S

yeah, wack the part in a sampler hit reverse and play around with the lfos on the pitch bend, snorted. the advanced sampler in reason is good for this, or the motu mach five.

Back
Top Bottom